9. The Staff Selection Commission have the discretion to fix different qualifying standard in different papers. The names of the candidates who are considered by the Staff Selection Commission to be suitable for appointment on the result of the SSC Clerk Grade examination shall be arranged in a single list in order of merit separately for each Cadre / Service.
Selection to the Lower Division Grade of the service on the results of the examination shall be made to the extent of the available vacancies in order of merit subject to the reservations for candidates of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Ex-Servicemen and physically handicapped persons, in accordance with the orders issued from time to time by the Central Government in the Department of Personnel and Training.
10. Criteria for Allocation :
The allocation will be made service-wise, as per the SSC Lower Division Clerks vacancies 2016. The final merit position will be determined by adding marks of paper – I, paper – II.
11. Resolutions of Tie Cases :
In cases where more than one candidate secure the equal aggregates marks, tie will be resolved by applying the following methods one after another :
- Total marks in written examination.
- Marks in Paper – II.
- Marks in Paper – I.
- Date of birth with order candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order in the first names of the candidates appear.
12. SSC Lower Division Clerks Typewriting Test 2016 :
- Appointment on the basis of result of SSC Lower Division Clerks examination shall be subject to the condition that unless a candidate has already passed one of the periodical typewriting tests in English or Hindi held by the Staff Selection Commission, the candidate will have to pass the type test at minimum tying speed of 35 w.p.m in English or 30 w.p.m in Hindi on Computer [ 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. correspond to 10500 key depressions per hour / 9000 key depression per hour on an average of 05 key depression for each word ] to be held by the Staff Selection Commission within a period of one year from the date of appointment failing which, no annual increment(s) will be allowed to him / her until he / she has passed / cleared the typing test prescribed by the Staff Selection Commission.
- The candidates who do not pass the said type writing test within the period of probation shall be liable to be reverted to their substantive appointment or temporary posts held by them before their appointment to Lower Division Grade.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in clauses (i) and (ii ) above, a candidate, who has been declared by the competent medical authority, i.e., the Civil Surgeon, to be permanently unfit to pass the type writing test because of a physical disability, may be exempted from the requirement of passing the type writing test and, in the event of his being so exempted, the provisions of clauses (i) and (ii) shall cease to be applicable to him from the date of such exemption. The Visually Handicapped candidates with visual disability of forty percent and above and cerebral palsy suffering candidates will be given 35 minutes time to type. The Staff Selection Commission will engage passage dictators for each of such visually handicapped candidates who will read out the given text material to the candidate during the type test.
13. Submission of SSC Lower Division Clerks Exam Application 2016 :
- Application for SSC Lower Division Clerks Exam 2016 in prescribed format as given in annexure – I of the notice or on plain paper ( foolscap size ) duly typed on one side and in double space, in the format and manner as given in the SSC Clerk Exam application form ( annexure – I ) of the instant notice and duly signed in candidates own handwriting in running script and not in bold capital letters, giving the necessary information together with candidates two recent good quality and identical photographs ( 4 cm. X 5 cm. ) out of which one should be pasted on the SSC Clerk Grade application form and the other attached with the application, must reach in the following address on or before 12.02.2016 ( 5:00 PM ) and by 18.02.2016 ( 5:00 PM ) in the case of candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island, Lakashadweep and for candidates residing abroad.
Regional Director ( NR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12, CGO Complex,
New Delhi – 110 504.
The forwarding authority should put his / her signatures and Office Seal on photograph of the candidate pasted on the application form for SSC Exam 2016 so that half portion of Seal appears on application form & half thereof on the photograph without defacing the candidate’s photograph.
- Application for SSC Clerk Exam 2016 received after the Closing Date or not accompanied by photograph in the manner prescribed in para – 11 (i) above shall be rejected summarily. A candidate must submit his / her application for SSC Exam 2016 through the Head of his / her Department or Office concerned who will complete the endorsement at the end of the application form and forward it to the Staff Selection Commission. It will be the responsibility of the Department or Office concerned to ensure eligibility of the candidates as laid down in para – 3. SSC Clerk applications received by the Staff Selection Commission after the closing date will be rejected forthwith without any correspondence with the candidate and no subsequent request for re-consideration will be entertained by the Staff Selection Commission under any circumstances.
14. Acknowledgement of SSC Lower Division Clerks Application 2016 :
The candidates who apply in response to SSC Lower Division Clerks Exam advertisement are assigned Roll Numbers. The candidate must write his / her Roll numbers alongwith his / her name, date of birth and name of the SSC examination, while addressing any communication to the Staff Selection Commission. Communications from candidates not furnishing these particulars will not be entertained. If the admission card is not received by any candidate before one week from the date of SSC examination, they must immediately contact Regional Director ( NR ), Staff Selection Commission, Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110 504 with documentary proof of applying for the Staff Selection Commission examination. While appearing in the SSC Clerk examination, candidates are required to put their signatures on the admission certificate in the same manner as signed by them on the SSC Clerk application form.
Candidates are not entitled to receive any travelling allowance from the Staff Selection Commission for taking the SSC Clerk Grade examination. Any change in address must immediately be communicated to the Staff Selection Commission’s Office, giving details of Roll Number, Name and New Address in Block Capital letters.