OSSC Recruitment Eligibility 2013 for Junior Assistant – OSSC Junior Assistant Jobs
4. OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Eligibility :
- Age Limit for OSSC Junior Assistant : The minimum age for the post is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2013. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women candidates, by 10 years in case of persons with disability and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981 and not later than 1st January 1995.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- General Eligibility Criteria for OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 : A candidate in order to be eligible for the post / appearing at the competitive examination must be (i) citizen of India, (ii) be of good character, (iii) be of sound health, good physique and active habits (iv) be free from organic defects and bodily infirmity and (v) must not have more than one spouse living.
OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Educational Qualification :
The candidates must have passed +2 Science / Arts / Commerce or equivalent examination with Odia as one of the subjects in the HSC or passed examination in Odia equivalent to M.E. standard or passed in Odia as language subject in final examination of Class – VII or passed a test in Odia in M.E. School Standard conducted by Education Department. In case of posts related to Odisha State Legal Services Authority the successful candidates having minimum Degree qualification shall be sponsored to the appointing authority.
6. OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Application Fee :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than Pwd have to pay application fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC- 104-UPSC / SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account- 005 l-PSC-104-UPSC / SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* SC / ST and persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
8. Plan of OSSC Junior Assistant Examination 2013 :
The examination shall consist of the following three stages :
- OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Preliminary examination on General Awareness ( single sitting ) for 100 marks of 1 Vi ( One and half ) hours duration.
- OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Main ( Written ) Examination on three papers (1) Language Test ( English & Odisha ) (2) General Knowledge ( Objective ) & (3) Mathematics ( objective ) and basic computer skills ( Objective )
- Practical Skill Test ( Basic Computer Skills ). The Orissa Staff Selection Commission may dispense with the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 preliminary examination in case large number of applications are not received for the selection of candidates for the post.
N.B : The OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 preliminary examination on General Awareness, the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 main written examination on General Knowledge, Mathematics and Basic Computer Skills will be done on OMR response sheet. While answering OMR Answer sheet precise marking should be done by using Blue / Black ball point pen only. No erasing / correction fluid or over writing is allowed in the OMR answer sheet. The candidates should not write their name or give any symbol or mark in any place or portion of the answer sheet other than the place specified for writing the name only in the answer sheet in respect of English and Odisha ( Language Test ).
- OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Preliminary Examination : The questions shall be of objective type with multiple choice of answers to be answered in OMR response sheet. The question shall be of +2 / equivalent standard. This is a screening test which will be qualifying in nature. Candidates numbering about twenty times, category wise vacancies shall be called for appearing the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 main written examination. The marks obtained in OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 examination shall not be added to the marks secured in main ( written ) examination while preparing the final select list.
- Scheme and Subjects for the Main ( Written ) Examination :
The written test shall be of three papers as detailed below :
Papers Subjects Maximum marks Time Written Test Paper - 1 Language Test ( English & Odia 100 2 hours Paper - ll General Knowledge ( Objective ) 100 1 hour Paper - Ill Mathematics ( Objective ) & Basic Computer Skill 100
3 hours Total 400 Practical Skill Test Basic Computer Skills
50 1 hour
- The standard of OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 examination shall be equivalent to that of Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who will qualify the written test shall be called for the practical skill test. The candidates numbering about three times category wise vacancies shall be called for computer skill test.
- The practical skill test shall be of qualifying Nature. The candidates who secures minimum 30 marks in the computer skill test will qualify to be included in the merit list basing on the total marks secured in the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 main written examination.
10. Syllabus of OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Main ( Written ) Examination
Paper – I
a. Language Test ( English and Odia )
- English Language Test : ( 50 marks )
Grammar ( 20 marks )
Verbs, Tenses, Modal, Active and Passive Voice, Subject-verb concord, non-finite verb forms ( infinitives and participles ), Sentence Structure, Connectors, Types of sentences, Types of Phrases and Clause, Direct & Indirect speech, Comparison, Determiners, Pronouns, Prepositions.
- Unseen passage ( 400 – 450 words in length ) with a variety of comprehension questions including vocabulary ( 10 marks )
- Essay writing on familiar topics ( within 250 words ) ( 10 marks )
- Letter writing ( Personal letter, applications, Business and Official ) ( within 150 words ) 10 marks.
Odia Language Test : ( 50 marks )
Grammar ( 20 marks )
- Transformation of sentences ( 02 marks )
- Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative, Exclamatory.
- Simple, Compound, Complex.
- Transformation of words ( noun to adjective and adjective to noun ) ( 02 marks )
- Sandhi ( 02 marks )
- Samasa ( 03 marks )
- Antonyms and Synonyms ( 02 marks )
- Correction of common errors in words ( 03 marks )
- Idioms and Phrases ( 02 marks )
- Taddhita and Krudanta ( 02 marks )
- Punctuation marks ( 02 marks )
Composition ( 20 marks )
Essay writing on familiar topics and personality(within 250 words) (10 marks)
- Letter Writing ( Personal letter, applications, Business and Official ) within 150 words ) ( 05 marks )
- Translation ( one English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia ) (05 marks )
Comprehension of an unseen passage ( ( 5×2 ) = 10 marks )
Five short questions to be asked.
Paper – II (b)
b. General Knowledge ( 100 marks )
In this category, there shall be a series of questions of different categories like :
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, countries and institutions with headquarters,
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
Paper – III (c)
Mathematics ( 100 marks )
- Fractions and Decimals
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Rates and Taxes, Insurance
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Problems on Time & Work
- Problems on Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
Under this, there will be a series of question in practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
Basic Computer Skills ( 100 marks )
- MS Windows : Introduction of Windows.
- MS Office : MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel & MS Access.
11. Practical Skill Test :
Topics for practical test :
I. Windows operating system
To test some of the following basic system operations on file / folder(s) :
* Create, Rename, Copy / Cut / Paste, Delete,
* Using Clipboard
II. MS Word
A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Editing and Formatting text and paragraph.
* Page and Paragraph Setup.
* Inserting pictures and WordArt.
13. Admit Card / Call Letter for OSSC Junior Assistant 2013
Admit Cards / call letters for the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 preliminary examination / main written examination will be uploaded to the Orissa Staff Selection Commission’s website fourteen days ahead of the date of the examination carrying the photograph and signature of the eligible / qualified candidate and signature of the Secretary of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. This will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 written examination. Each eligible candidate can download his / her admit card / call letter fourteen days before the date of the examination by going to the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission, and clicking at sub menu ‘download admit card’ for JAHO. The date(s) of the examination will be advertised in newspapers for information of the candidates.
14. OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Select List
The select list for OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the sum total of marks secured by the candidate in all the subjects in the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 main written examination.
15. OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Results :
The OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.
III. MS Power Point
A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Editing and formatting slides
IV. MS Excel
A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Formatting cells and data.
*Functions and Formulae Relative, absolute and Mixed reference.
V. MS Access
A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Creating and entering data into a database.
* Setting the primary key.
* Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer sheets.
12. Place and Date of Preliminary / written Examination for OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 Exam
The date / time / venue of the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 preliminary / written examination will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 admission letters in due course. The OSSC Junior Assistant 2013 admission letters can be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Orissa Public Services Commission’s website from a date to be notified later. The list of applications rejected shall also be displayed in the said website simultaneously from that date.