OSSC Recruitment Eligibility 2015 for Junior Assistant, Junior Clerk – OSSC Junior Assistant Jobs
4. OSSC Recruitment Exam Eligibility 2015 :
- Age Limit for OSSC Recruitment Exam 2015 : The minimum age for the post is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC & Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PWD category & the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1997. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. Once an ex-serviceman has joined the Govt. job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. cases.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – C & D posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation at the time of document verification.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
5.a. OSSC Recruitment Exam Educational Qualification 2015 :
- The candidates must have passed minimum ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination with knowledge in basic computer skill. As Basic Computer Skill, the candidate must have proficiency in computer knowledge such as (a) Basic Knowledge & skills of computer (b) Internet & E mail, (c) M.S word, M.S. Excel, (d) MS-Access (e) MS-Power points etc. or as prescribed for OS-CIT course as decided by the Govt, in Higher Education Deptt. Resolution No. 20959/HE dt. 21.8.2012. The above said Resolution is available in the Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in. The candidates having BCA / MCA / B.Tech Degree are also eligible.
5.b. General Eligibility of the candidate :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or
Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition, bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
6. OSSC Recruitment Examination Fee 2015 :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than SC / ST and Persons with Disability ( PwD ) have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC- 104-UPSC / SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account- 005 l-PSC-104-UPSC / SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
*Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode is liable for rejection of the application.
An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
*SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
7. Plan of OSSC Recruitment Examination 2015 :
|SI. No.||Type of Examination||Marks Allotted|
|A||A combined preliminary examination ( Qualifying nature only ) will be conducted.||100 marks ( 1&1/2 hrs ) ( Qualifying )|
|B||Main written examination :
1. Language test in English - 50 marks - 1 hour.
2. Language test in Odia - 50 marks - 1 hour
3. General knowledge ( objective ) - 100 marks - 1 & 1/2 hours ( OMR )
4. Mathematics - 100 marks - 1 & 1/2 hours ( OMR )
5. Basic Computer Skill Test - 100 marks - 1& 1/2 hours
Total : 400 marks
|C||Basic Computer Skill Test - Qualifying in nature - 1 hr duration - 50 marks ( Minimum qualifying marks - 30 )|
A. OSSC Junior Assistant & Junior Clerk Preliminary examination 2015 – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours ( qualifying )
The Combined Preliminary Examination will be held on General Awareness and will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers to be answered in OMR Sheet. Questions on Current events, History, Geography, General Science, Constitution of India, Human rights, Basic Computer Skill Test, English language / Odia language comprehension etc. as may be commonly expected from +2 qualified person and Arithmetic of High School standard will be set in the examination.
This is a screening test which will be qualifying in nature. Candidates numbering about twelve times, category wise vacancies shall be called for appearing the main written examination. The marks obtained in the preliminary examination shall not be added to the marks secured in main ( written ) examination while preparing the final select list.
The candidates numbering 12 times of the vacancy in each reserve / unreserved category shall be selected for the main examination for JAHO & Junior Clerk, basing on the marks secured in the preliminary test.
The Commission at their discretion may fix a qualifying mark for the examination.
B. OSSC Main ( written ) Examination 2015
Syllabus, plan & procedure of the main written examination will be notified later on through Commission’s website.
C. Computer Skill Test :
The candidates numbering 3 times of each category on the basis of marks secured in the main written examination will be called for Computer Skill Test. The candidate who shall secured minimum 30 marks in the Computer Skill Test shall be called for verification of documents. Those candidates who are selected in the Computer Skill Test shall be called for verification of their original certificates and proof of Identity. The candidates who fail to appear in person with the original certificates shall not be considered for selection and their names will be deleted from the select list. From among the candidates who appear for the verification of documents shall be selected category wise accordingly to the number of vacancies and in order of merit on the basis of marks secured in the main written examination and their names will be sponsored for appointment as Junior Assistant of H.O.Ds and Junior Clerks of Subordinate offices by the Commission in that order. The decision of the Commission in allotment of names to different Appointing Authorities shall be final and no correspondences in this regard shall be entertained.