|It is informed to all concerned that the Preliminary Examination of Combined Police Service Examination 2015, Pursuant to Advertisement No.4134/OSSC dated 04.09.2015 and in continuation of this Office Notice No.4888/OSSC dated 02.11.2015 will be held on 26th March, 2017 (Sunday). The admitted candidates are advised to download their Admit Card from the OSSC website, i.e.‘online.odishassc.in’ from 15th March, 2017 on words by using candidates log-in I.D. and password to appear the examination on the date.|
3. OSSC Combined Police Service Exam Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filled by D.G. & I.G. of police, odisha. Cuttack and Director of Fire Services, Odisha, Cuttack under Home Department the category wise break up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post|
|1.||Sub Inspector of Police||74 ( out of which ST(W) 24 )||53 ( out of which SC(W) 17 )||37 ( out of which SEBC(W) 12 )||163 ( out of which UR(W) 54 )||327|
|2.||Sergeant of Police||05||04||03||12||24|
|3.||Station Officer ( Fire Service )||04||03||02||10||19|
Abbreviations : M – Men, W – Women, UR – Unreserved.
Note : ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class, UR – Un-Reserved.
- The number of OSSC Combined Police Service vacancies and reservation position is subject to change as per reservation policy and Rules prevalent at the time of short listing and publication of result.
- Only male candidates are eligible for the post of Sergeant of Police and Station Officer, Fire Service.
- Out of the total vacancies advertised 11 posts are reserved for Ex-Servicemen & 3 posts for Sports persons category.
- Persons with Disability are not eligible to apply for the posts.
4. Eligibility Criteria for the OSSC Combined Police Service Posts 2015 :
4.a. Age Limit for OSSC Combined Police Service Exam 2015 :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be above the age of 25 years as on 01.01.2015. Further the upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC, ST, SEBC & Women candidates and by the total period of service rendered in defence services personnels in case of Ex-Servicemen. However, a candidate can avail only one type of relaxation in age as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any age relaxation of upper age limit must not be born earlier than 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1st January 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to be discharged from the forces as on the date of submission of online application form are not eligible to apply for the post. The in-service contractual employees who are within prescribed age limit may also apply for the post.
Date of Birth recorded in the High School Certificate such as Board of Secondary Education of Odisha, Cuttack / Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi / Indian Council of Secondary Education, New Delhi or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
4.b. OSSC Combined Police Service Exam Educational Qualification 2015
The candidates must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university. Provided that for the post of Station Officer, Fire Service a candidate must be a Science or Engineering graduate from a recognised University or Institution.
4.c. General Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate in order to be eligible for the posts / appearing at the competitive examination must be
- Nationality – Must be a citizen of India.
- Knowledge in Odia – He shall be able to speak, read and write odia and must have passed :
- Middle School examination with Odia as a language subject; or
- Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- Passed in odia as language subject in the final examination of Class – VII or above; or
- Passed a test in odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha.
- Marital Status : A candidate if married must not have more than one spouse living :
- Physical Fitness : A candidate must be of good mental condition, healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate, who after such medical examination as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service. Physically handicapped persons shall not be eligible for recruitment under these services. The candidates possessing the minimum physical standard as detailed at clause 8(ii) are eligible to apply for the post.
- Eligibility of Government Employees : Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to appear in the examination provided they possess the requisite qualifications and are within the prescribed age limit. Applications from Government servants, shall however be rejected unless submitted through proper channel.
5. Option : Candidates applying for more than one post may fill up his / her option for posts at the appropriate column in the online application form in order of preference. The female candidates are eligible only for the post of S.I. of Police. However the candidates have to finally confirm the option for the posts at the time of certificate verification on the date of appearing the Viva-voce-cum-Psychological Test. Only the Male Science or Engineering graduate candidates can exercise their option for the post of Station Officer Fire Service. The option so exercised shall be final. However, while allotting the selected candidates to different posts, the candidate’s eligibility for the said post, his / her position in the combined merit list and category wise availability of vacancies will be taken into consideration. Each selected candidate will be allotted to only one post. The decision of the Staff Selection Commission on allotment of candidates to different posts is final.