9. Odisha SSC Combined Police Service Examination Fee 2013 :
The candidates other than SC and ST category are required to deposit examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
9(1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit’.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
9(2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
9(3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041 -Examination Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
9(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051 -PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application and upload the scanned copy of the challan.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury chalan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode will liable for rejection of the application.
* ST and SC candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
10. Plan of OSSC Combined Police Service Examination 2013 :
The competitive examination shall comprise the following :
- Preliminary test of 100 marks ( qualifying only )
- Physical Measurement and Physical Test ( qualifying only )
- Main written test comprising 3 papers totalling to 300 marks and 4 papers of 500 marks for the post of Station Officer.
- Weightage of marks for NCC certificate holders and achievement in sports for all the posts / Degree or Diploma in Fire Engineering ( for the post of Station Officer, Fire Service only )
- Viva-voce-cum-psychological test of 30 marks.
Candidates who will qualify in the preliminary test shall be called by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission for the Physical Test. Those who will qualify the Physical Test shall be called by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission to appear in the written test. The qualifying marks in the preliminary test shall be such as may be fixed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The marks obtained in the preliminary test shall not be counted for ranking.
Candidates, who obtained such minimum qualifying marks in the written part, NCC certificate marks and marks secured for achievement in sports of the examination as may be fixed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at their discretion, shall be called for the viva Voce-cum-Psychology Test.
11. OSSC Combined Police Service Preliminary Test ( qualifying only ) 2013
The preliminary test will be conducted on 16.02.2014 at such place / places and time as will be indicated in the website.
- The preliminary test shall consist of one paper of 100 marks of one hour duration.
- The question shall be of objective type with multiple choice to be answered in OMR sheet.
- The questions shall be set proportionately from general science, current events of National & International importance, history of India and Odisha. Fundamentals of English grammar, Arithmetic of HSC standard, problem solving and reasoning. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission at their discretion may adopt negative marking @ 0.25 per wrong answer in this examination. If negative marking is adopted, it will be clearly reflected in the front page of the question paper. Moreover the Odisha Staff Selection Commission may also adopt a cut off mark in the preliminary examination. Candidates numbering about 12 times of the vacancies in each reserved and unreserved category of posts will be called for physical test.