|It is informed to all concerned that the Preliminary Examination of Combined Police Service Examination 2015, Pursuant to Advertisement No.4134/OSSC dated 04.09.2015 and in continuation of this Office Notice No.4888/OSSC dated 02.11.2015 will be held on 26th March, 2017 (Sunday). The admitted candidates are advised to download their Admit Card from the OSSC website, i.e.‘online.odishassc.in’ from 15th March, 2017 on words by using candidates log-in I.D. and password to appear the examination on the date.|
6. OSSC Combined Police Service Examination Fee 2015 :
The candidates other than SC and ST category are required to deposit examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
6(1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit’.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
6(2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
6(3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041 -Examination Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
6(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury chalan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode will liable for rejection of the application.
* ST and SC candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
7. Plan of OSSC Combined Police Service Examination 2015 :
The recruitment examination shall consist of the following stages :
|Sl. No.||Stages of the Test / Examination / Weightage Marks||Paper, Duration & Type of Test||Marks|
|1.||Preliminary Examination||One paper of one hour duration Qualifying in nature.||100 Marks|
|2.||Physical Measurement and Physical Test||Qualifying in nature as per standard prescribed at clause-8(ii)||No Marks|
|3.||Main Written Examination||For the Post of S.I. of Police & Sergeant of Police three papers in three sittings||300 Marks|
|For the Post of Station Officer ( Fire Service ) one extra Technical paper including the above three paper||500 Marks|
|4.||Weightage Marks||For NCC 'B' & 'C' Certificate||Maximum 15 Marks|
|Sports achievement i.e. wining Medals in State level / National Level / International level||Maximum 15 Marks|
|Degree / Diploma in Fire Engineering for the Station Officer ( Fire Service ) only.||Maximum 10 Marks|
|5.||Viva Voce and Psychologist Test||-||30 Marks|
|Total Marks||For S.I. of Police / Sergeant of Police||330 Marks|
|For Station Officer Fire Service||530 Marks|
Candidates who will qualify in the preliminary examination shall have to appear the Physical Test. Those who will qualify the Physical Test shall have to appear in the Main Written Examination. The candidates qualifying in the Main Written Examination shall have to appear the viva voce and psychological test. The qualifying marks in the preliminary examination as may be fixed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The marks obtained in the preliminary test shall not be counted for ranking.
Candidates, who obtained such minimum qualifying marks in the written part as may be fixed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at their discretion, and the weightage marks ( if any ) taken together shall be called for the Viva Voce-cum-Psychology Test.
7. i. OSSC Combined Police Service Preliminary Test ( qualifying only ) 2015
The OSSC Combined Police Service preliminary test will be conducted on 29.11.2015.
- The OSSC Combined Police Service preliminary examination shall consist of one paper of 100 marks of one hour duration.
- The question shall be of objective type with multiple choice to be answered in OMR sheet.
- The questions shall be set proportionately from general science, current events of National & International importance, history of India and Odisha. Fundamentals of English grammar, Arithmetic of HSC standard, problem solving and reasoning. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission may fix a qualifying mark in the preliminary examination. Candidates about 12 times of the vacancies category wise who ever will score the required qualifying mark as fixed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission in the Preliminary Examination will be called for Physical Test. The date, time & venue of the test will be intimated to the candidates through website of the Commission in due course.