OSSC Recruitment 2017 for Soil Conservation Extension Worker
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No.1. Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751054.
1. Odisha Staff Selection Commission Recruitment for the post of Soil Conservation Extension Worker on contractual basis under Director of Soil Conservation and Watershed Development Mission, Odisha. Bhubaneswar.
2. Odisha SSC Vacancy Position :
(a) Number of posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per requisition received from the Director of Soil Conservation and Watershed Development Mission, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, the category – wise break-up for Male, Female & Trans-gender of the total no.of posts to be filled up by this recruitment are as follows :
|Category||Total||Out of which Female|
SC – Schedule Caste
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class,
UR – Un-Reserved
While submitting the application online, candidates should note that Category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and Special Category ( Ex-serviceman / PWD / Sports person) once submitted in the online application is final. Any subsequent claim for change in category or Spl category shall not be entertained by the Commission.
Vacancy for special category :
Sports person – 02
Ex-servicemen – 05
PwD – 05
The physical requirement of the PwD persons is as per the requisition : OA, OL (Mobility not be restricted) and HI (with suitable aid).
Code – Function
OL – One leg affected (Mobility not restricted)
OA – One arm affected
HI – Partially Deaf (with suitable aid)
The number & other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities / the Government.
3. Odisha SSC Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
- The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 5200/- +G.P 2000/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group-C & Group-D posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dt. 12.11.2013. The salary/scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service condition shall be regulated as per relevant recruitment rules.
4. Eligibility for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2017 :
OSSC Age Limit 2017 :
- The minimum age for the above two posts is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01-01-2017. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PwD category and the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen Personnel. A candidate can only avail any one type of age relaxation as per rule. However PWD candidates in the ST & SC category shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of ten years over & above the normal relaxation specified for the category. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been bom earlier than 2nd January, 1985 and not later than 1st January 1996.The persons in defence forces having more than six months to retire / to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply for the post. However such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category. Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition of Ex-Servicemen. Once an Ex-Serviceman has joined the Govt. Service in civil side after availing of the benefit as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government Jobs shall cease to exist. He can avail age relaxation only.
- However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-C and D posts (Contractual appointment) Rules, 2013.”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2017. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation and submit their required documents as mentioned in Para 1(c) above in case of selection in written examination. The upper age limit (below 45 years as on 01.01.2017) in respect of existing members of Watershed Management Team/Watershed Development team / Livelihood Support Team / Capacity Building Team and Technical Experts is relaxed as per the instruction issued by Government.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/ by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
5. Odisha SSC General Eligibility Criteria :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
- Be of good character & conduct.
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living :
6. Odisha SSC Examination Fee 2017 :
The candidates other than SC, ST & PwD category shall have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the examination fee.
* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She/He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option ‘Other Deposit’
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant
* She/He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e- Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. (The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the Head of Account-“0051-PSC-104- UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
* The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051- PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
7. Plan of Odisha SSC Examination 2017 :
There shall be an Objective type Written Examination of total 220 marks in two papers as detailed below :
|Paper-I (GS & LA)||Part-I : General Studies||50||1 ½ hours|
|Part-II : English language||25|
|Part-III : Odia Language||25|
|Part-1 : Mathematics, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry and Statistics.||50|
|Paper-II (Technical Paper)||Part-II: General science a)Physics b)Chemistry c)Biology d)Crop Production / Agriculture / Horticulture / Repair and maintenance of power driven farm machinery etc.||20 20 20 10||1½ hours|
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of +2 science/+2 Vocational course examination.
- The questions in all papers shall be objective type with multiple choice answers and the examination will be conducted in OMR sheets.
- There will be negative marking (0.25 marks) for each wrong answer in Paper-II (Technical Paper).
8. How to apply for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2017 :
The applicants have to go through the detail advertisement before filling up the online application.
Aspirants have to apply online using the website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. The applicants other than the category of S.C., S.T. & PWD candidates are required to deposit examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the Head of Account-“0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees” as detailed in the clause-7 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post.
By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, different advertisement for online application along with different useful details will be displayed on the computer screen. The instructions provided in this Advertisement are required to be read carefully before proceeding to complete the application process.
Odisha SSC Online application form will be available from Date.25th April, 2017 till Date.24th May, 2017 by 11.55 P.M.
No Detailed Application Form (DAF) is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Only the candidates claiming reservation under special category such as PWD, Ex-Servicemen, Sports Person as well as In Service Contractual Employees claiming age relaxation shall have to submit DAF to the following address through speed post/Regd. Post by 07th June, 2017.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barack No-1, Unit-V,
9. Syllabus for OSSC Written Examination 2017 :
(a) Paper-I. Part-I : General Studies & Language. – 50 marks
In this category, there shall be a series of matching questions of different categories like :
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places.
- Geographical facts with places.
- States, Countries and Institutions with headquarters.
- Books and authors.
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses.
- Current events with places and personalities and,
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
Part-II : English Language : – 25 marks
- Verbs, Tenses, Active and Passive voice, Subject-verb agreement.
- Connectors, Types of sentences, Direct and indirect speech, Comparison.
- Articles, Noun, Pronoun, Prepositions.
- Unseen Passage (400-450 words in length) with a variety of comprehension questions.
Part-III : Odia Language : – 25 marks
- Grammar – 15 marks
- Composition – 05 marks
- Comprehension of an unseen prose passage – 05 marks Five short questions to be asked
(b) Paper-II. Part —I: Mathematics – MCQ types – 50 marks
- Number System
- HCF and LCM
- Squares and Square Roots
- Cubes and Cube Roots
- Percentage and Averages
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Profit, Loss and Discount.
- Ratio and Proportion.
Under this, there will be a series of questions in Practical Mathematics required for day-to-day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
Part-II: General Science – 70 marks
- Physics – 20 marks
- Chemistry – 20 marks
- Biology – 20 marks
- Crop Production / Agriculture / Horticulture / Repair and maintenance of power driven farm machinery etc. – 10 marks
There is no Viva-Voce Test as per the provisions of Government of Odisha, Agriculture Department Resolution Number 11804/Ag, dtd.27.07.2015.
10. Odisha SSC Admission Letter :
Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter on its Website. “www.ossc.gov.in”. The candidate has to log on to the website of the Commission by clicking on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ to “Download Admit Card” from the above website. The admitted candidates will have to produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examinations/tests. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time, subject and venue of the examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
No Admission Letter / call letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
11. Odisha SSC Select List :
Basing on the performance in the written examination candidates two times of the category wise vacancy according to their merit will be called for document verification for preparation of final select list.
12. OSSC Results 2017 :
The results of the selected candidates will be published as per the vacancy advertised in due course in the Commission’s website.
Note : Blue/Black ball point pen only should be used for darkening the correct Roll Number, Set code and answering (ovalling) in OMR sheet, whiteners/erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet. Use of whitener /eraser in OMR Answer Sheet/darkening of wrong circle/ more than one option/wrong Roll Number and Set code by the candidate or any deviation of above instruction shall render the OMR sheet unfit for evaluation.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission at ‘www.ossc.gov.in’ at regular interval for detailed information about the program of the examination, notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information about the examination.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.