OSSC Recruitment 2017 for Librarian, Assistant Librarian
Odisha Staff Selection Commission
Barrack No.1, Unit-V,
Bhubaneswar – 751054,
Website : www.osse.gov.in.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Recruitment for 36 Posts of Librarian Under Directorate of Teacher Education & SCERT(O), Bhubaneswar & Assistant Librarian in Home Department, Gopabandhu Academy of Administration & Director, Roti, Bhubaneswar.
1. Odisha SSC Vacancy Position :
Number of posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per requisition received from different requisitioning authorities the vacancy position intimated by different requisitioning authorities are as follows :
|SI.No.||Name of the Requisitioning Authorities||Name of the Post||Details of Vacancies|
|1 ||Director Teacher Education and SCERT (0), Bhubaneswar.||Librarian||5 (W-2) ||07 (W-2)||04 (W-02)||17 (W-06)||33 (W-12)|
|2||Gopabandhu Academy of Administration (O), BBSR||Assistant Librarian||- ||-||-||01||01|
|3||Government in Home Department||Assistant Librarian||- ||-||-||01||01|
|4||Director, Revenue Officers' Training Institute||Librarian||-||-||-||01||01|
|Total||5 (W-02)||07 (W-02)||04 (W-02)||20 (W-06)||36 (W-12)|
As per requisition of the Director TE & SCERT, one (1) post is reserved for Ex-Serviceman and one (1) post is reserved for PWD in the category of HI. There is no vacancy reserved for Sports Person.
While submitting the application online, candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and Spl. Category (Ex-serviceman/PWD) once submitted in the online application is final. Any subsequent claim for change in category or Spl category shall not *bt entertained by the Commission.
The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities/the Government.
2. Odisha SSC Educational Qualification Following the Post :
|SI.No.||Name of the Requisitioning Authorities||Name of the Post||Minimum Educational Qualification Prescribed for the Post||Age Criteria Prescribed for the Post|
|1||Director Teacher Education and SCERT (0), Bhubaneswar.||Librarian||Bachelor in Library Science (B.Lib) having minimum 50% marks from any recognised University/Institution||From 21 years to 32 years as 01.01.2016|
|2||Gopabandhu Academy of Administration, (0), BBSR||Assistant Librarian||Bachelor's degree in Library & Information Science from a recognised University / Institution securing 1st Division having proficiency in Computer Knowledge||From 18 to 32 years as on 01.01.2016|
|3||Principal Secretary to Government Home Department.||Assistant Librarian||Graduation with Degree in Library and Information Science from any recognised University/Institution.||From 18 to 32 years as on 01.01.2016|
|4||Director, Revenue Officers' Training Institute||Librarian||Graduation with Degree in Library and Information Science from any recognised University/Institution||From 21 years to 32 years as 01.01.2016|
3. OSSC Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay comprising of initial pay+grade pay in the scale of pay of 9300/- to 34,800/- and G.P. of 4200/-. The salary/scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.
4. Odisha SSC Age Limit 2017 :
- The candidate applying for the post must be between 18 years to 32 years of age as on 01.01.2016 for the post of Librarian and Assistant Librarian. However the upper age is relaxable by 5 years for SC, ST, SEBC & WOMEN category candidates, 10 years for PwD categories & by the Period of service rendered in Defence Forces for Ex-Servicemen category. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January 1998. The persons in defence forces having more than six months to retire/to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply for the post. However such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category. Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition of Ex-Servicemen.
- However the candidates may get only one type of age relaxation.
- As per G.A. Department Notification No.17376/Gen dated 10.08.2016 the PWD candidates in the category of SC/ST of Hearing impairment may avail cumulative age relaxation to apply for the posts.
- However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-C, D posts (Contractual appointment) Rules,2013. “. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2016. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation and submit their required documents in case of selection in written examination.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/ by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
5. OSSC Recruitment 2017 General Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
- Be of good character & conduct.
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
- He must have passed Middle School examination with Odia as a language subject, or,
Have passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as a medium of examination in non-Language subject, or, Have passed in Odia as a language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above; or
Have passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the Education Department.
6. Odisha SSC Examination Fee :
The candidates other than SC, ST & PwD category shall have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the examination fee.
* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She/He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option ‘Other Deposit’
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She/He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a (Italian Reference ID will be generated).
* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. (The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
• The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application. 7(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee. The candidates other than these categories have to upload the Treasury Challan/E-challan in Document Upload & Payment details section (File size max 300kb, format supported pdf).
7. How to apply for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2017 :
The applicants have to go through before filling up OSSC online application.
Aspirants have to apply online using the website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. The applicants other than the category of S.C., S.T. & PWD candidates are required to deposit examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”
Last date for receipt of OSSC applications :
The last date for online submission of Odisha SSC Application 11.59 P.M. of 18th February, 2017. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
The closing time for receipt of the DAF (i.e. the OSSC copy of the Application form duly ink signed at appropriate place, Treasury Challan (if any) and other documents in Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5.00 P.M. of 27th February, 2017 through Speed post/Registered post only.
No application will be entertained in the Commission’s office after the date and time. No Application form will be received by hand/in the drop box in the office of the Commission. The online applications without submission of DAF within the stipulated date will be summarily rejected.
8. Odisha SSC Important Details :
- Odisha Staff Selection Commission Online application form will be available from 19th January, 2017 till 18th February, 2017 by 11.59 P.M.
- Last date of receipt of DAF (Detailed Application Form) along with OSSC copy and other required documents to the Commission’s office through Speed post/Regd. Post is 27th February, 2017.
- Applications received after the last date of DAF & applications not enclosed with the required documents will be out-rightly rejected and no correspondence in the matter will be entertained.
- The candidates applying for the post must go through this advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the written examination & other Tests shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the on-line application form.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her online application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature for the Post/examination will be cancelled forthwith and he maybe debarred from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of 9300/- + Grade Pay 4200/- in the scale of pay 9300/- to 34800/- and the appointment will be guided by the Odisha Group-B Posts (Contractual appointment).
- No Call letter/Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to access to Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in regularly to know about the status of their application and date of examination/test.
Odisha SSC Online Applications are invited for thirty three (33) posts of Librarian under Director TE & SCERT & other 3 posts of Assistant Librarian in Home Department and other Heads of Departments from intending candidates with requisite qualifications for conducting recruitment examination.
9. Plan of OSSC Examination & Syllabus 2017 :
The plan of examination for the post is as follows :
- Odisha SSC Written Examination (One paper) – 100 Marks – 1 ½Hour.
- Odisha SSC Practical Skill Test (Computer Application) 30 Marks – 30 Minutes (qualifying nature)
There will be no viva-voce Test. There will be certificate verification of original certificates of the candidates numbering about three times of the vacancies advertised category wise in order of merit on basis of written marks, will be called to appear the Practical Skill Test. The Practical Skill Test will be of qualifying nature.
The candidates securing minimum 15 (fifteen) marks in Computer Practical Skill Test will qualify to be shortlisted for final select list.
(I) Odisha SSC Written Examination 2017 : The written examination will be of objective type questions with multiple choices of answers to be answered in OMR sheet. The duration of Examination will be one hour.
The distributions of marks for the questions covered under this examination are as follows :
- Odia Language – 10 Marks
- General English – 10 marks
- General Studies – 30 Marks
- Library & Information Science – 50 Marks
- Total – 100 Marks
The questions in Odia language, General English & General studies will be of graduation standard. The standards of questions will be such that as expected from a general graduate. The questions on General Studies will relate to Indian History, Economics, Geography, Major events in world history, General Science, General awareness, Environmental issues, Human right Issues, Basic Knowledge in computer application, current events, Literature and Art& culture of Odisha and etc.
The questions in Library and Information Science will cover questions on the courses prescribed by Utkal University for Bachelor of Library and Information Science.
OSSC Courses Prescribed : Library and Information Science, Knowledge Organisation and Bibliographic Description Theory and Practice, Management of Libraries and Information Centres, Research Methodology and Design, Classification (DDC)and Cataloguing (AACR 2), Library Automation, Information Sources and Services, Basic of Computer and Information Technology, Information Storage and Retrieval, Digital Library and Information Systems, Preservation and Conservation of Library Documents, Information Needs and Information Access, Management of E-Resources and E-publishing.
Certificate Verification :
Candidates about three times of the vacancies advertised category wise in order of merit will be shortlisted for verification of Original certificates. The Candidates will call for verification of original certificates/documents. The candidates who will appear in the certificate verification shall be allowed to appear the Practical skill test on computer.
(II) Practical Skill Test (Computer Application): 30 Marks-Duration-30 Minutes.
The qualifying mark of this Test is 15. Candidates numbering about three times of the vacancies category wise in order of merit on the basis of written marks secured in the written examination and appeared for the certificate verification conducted by the Commission will be shortlisted to appear the Practical Test in Computer Application. The Test is of qualifying in nature.
The basic Knowledge & skill of the candidate on computer application will be tested in this section.
The courses prescribed for the Computer Practical Test will be as follows :
I. Windows operating system
To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s) : *Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste, Delete, *Using Clipboard
II. MS Word
A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination
* Editing and Formatting text and paragraph *Page and Paragraph Setup
* Inserting pictures and WordArt
III. MS Power Point
A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Editing and formatting slides
IV. MS Excel
A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
* Formatting cells and data
* Functions and Formulae (Relative, absolute and Mixed reference).
V. MS Access
A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be’ Tested during the examination.
* Creating and entering data into a database.
* Setting the primary key.
* Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer Sheets.
10. Place and Date of Written Examination/Trade Test :
The date/time/venue of the Written Examination and the Practical Skill Test will be intimated to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course which will be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website from a date to be notified later.
The candidates are therefore directed to be in touch with the website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission regularly and also be in touch with leading local dailies, to know about program of the examination etc.
No Admission Letter/call letter at any stage will be despatched to any candidate by post.
11. Odisha SSC Select List 2017
The Common merit list will be prepared in order of merit category wise on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in the Written Examination who qualify in Computer Practical Test, as per vacancy position and educational qualification prescribed for different posts.
12. Results for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2017 :
The results of the selected candidates will be published as per the vacancy advertised in due course in Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
Note : Blue/Black ball point pen only should be used for darkening the correct Roll Number, Set code and answering (ovalling) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet. Use of whitener /eraser in OMR Answer Sheet/darkening of wrong circle/wrong Roll Number and Set code by the candidate or any deviation of above instruction shall render the OMR sheet unfit for evaluation.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission at ‘www.ossc.gov.in‘ at regular interval for detailed information about the program of the written examination / Professional Trade test etc. , notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information about the examination.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.