Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Junior Stenographer
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No.1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Junior Stenographer ( Post Code-JSHO-40 ) for different Heads of Department.
- Online Application Form will be available from 17.12.2015 till 11:59 PM of dated 16.01.2016
- Last Date of Submission of DAF ( Detailed Application Form ) is 23.01.2016. upto 5 P.M.
- There will be language tests both in English & Odia and shorthand tests both in English & Odia.
- There shall be no Viva Voce Test.
- The candidates who intended to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Online Recruitment Applications by using website www.ossc.gov.in in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 35 nos. of posts of Junior Stenographers ( Post Code-40/JSHO ) in the offices of different Heads of Departments Odisha, carrying consolidated pay in the Pay Band I of 5200 /- plus Grade Pay of 2400/-.
1. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Junior Stenographer 2016 :
- The aspirants are required to fill in the online application form prescribed for the post in the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The applicants other than the category of SC, ST and PWD category are required to deposit examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the treasury portal or by the conventional mode ( as detailed in the clause 5 of this advertisement ) before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post.
- Candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in and then required to click the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting the application online are displayed on the computer screen.
These instructions along with the instructions in this advertisement are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Junior Stenographer application form. The application form for Orissa SSC Junior Stenographer can be generated by clicking on “apply online” after selecting the post. Here the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination roll number, name of the Board & year of passing and whether annual or supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th standard examination are furnished. Furnishing of any wrong / incorrect information in the online application form may lead to rejection of the application.
- After validating the required information the Bank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form without leaving any item blank. The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. The applications not having the clear image of the Photograph & signature of the applicant will be rejected. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy is meant to be promptly sent to the Commission as a Detailed Application Form ( DAF ), with ink-signed signature at the appropriate place in the application form duly attaching therewith :
- The original Treasury Challan or e-challan ( In case of all UR & SEBC candidates other than PWD ) as proof of payment of examination fees,
- The attested photocopies of the certificates / documents ( Refer Sl.No.6 below ) in proof of date of birth, record of educational career, caste, documentary claim for being considered as reserved category / special category. The Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) with all the above requite certificates / documents superscribing the envelope as “Application for the post of Junior Stenographer” has to be sent to the following address by regd. post / speed post, proof ( i.e. Postal receipt ) of sending the DAF by Regd. post / speed post to this Commission should be kept with the candidate :
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1, Unit V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054″.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of Odisha SSC Junior Stenographer Applications 2016 :
- The last date for online submission of application for OSSC Junior Stenographer 2016 in response to Odisha Staff Selection Commission advertisement is 16.01.2016. The system will be disabled from 11.59 PM of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) ( refer to para 1.d. above ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of 23.01.2016. Neither any DAF nor the requisite documents will be entertained in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office after 23.01.2016.
3. Number of OSSC Junior Stenographer posts 2016 to be filled up and reservations :
- As per the requisition received from different H.O.Ds the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up is as follows :
Total 14 03 05 01 03 01 06 02 26 09 35 Sl.No. Name of the Office UR SEBC SC ST Total Grand Total Male Female Male Female Male Female Male Female Male Female 1. The Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack. 7 3 2 1 1 1 2 2 12 7 19 2. Board of Revenue, Odisha, Cuttack. 1 - - - - - - - 1 - 01 3. Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Odisha, Cuttack. - - 1 - - - 1 - 2 - 02 4. Registrar of Co-Operative Societies, Odisha, Bhubaneswar. - - - - 1 - 1 - 2 - 02 5. Revenue Divisional Commissioner, ( SD ), Berhampur. 1 - 1 - - - - - - 2 02 6. Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation. 2 - - - - - 1 - 3 - 03 7. Director, Co-Operative Audit - - - - - - 1 - 1 - 01 8. Chief Engineer, ( NH ) 1 - 1 - 1 - - - 3 - 03 9. Director, Soil Conservation 1 - - - - - - - 1 - 01 10. Directorate of Horticulture 1 - - - - - - - 1 - 01
Vacancy for Special Category
Name of the Office Vacancy under Ex-Serviceman Category Vacancy under PWD Category Vacancy under Sports Person Total 1 1 Nil. The Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack. 1 1 Nil.
SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially and Educationally Backward Class, UR – Un-reserved, M – Men, W – Women.
- The categories of disabled suitable for the post are OA, OL, BL ( Mobility not be restricted ) LV, B ( with Dictaphone or Braille shorthand machine ), OAL, HI, the physical requirement for the post are S, SE, W, H, F and R & W.
Code Physical Requirement S Work performed by sitting ( On bench or Chair ) SE Work performed by seeing W Work performed by walking H Work performed by hearing / speaking RW Work performed by Reading and writing ST Work performed by standing. MF Work performed by manipulating ( with fingers ).
Code Functions OA One arm affected. OL One Leg affected ( R and / or L ). BL Both Legs affected but not arms. LV Low vision. B The blind ( with Dictaphone or Braille shorthand machine )
- The candidates belonging to PWD / Ex-Servicemen when selected as per reservation provided for them, shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- The number of vacant Junior Stenographer posts to be filled up on the basis of Odisha Staff Selection Commission recruitment process can be changed at any time without any prior notice, at the discretion of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
4.a. OSSC Junior Stenographer Eligibility 2016 :
Age Limit for OSSC Junior Stenographer 2016 :
The candidate must have completed 18 years of age and must not have crossed the age of 32 years, as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable :
- by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC categories and for all women candidates, and
- by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen
- by 10 ( ten ) years for persons with disabilities as per relevant Government Rules for the respective category of post. However, a candidate can avail only one type of age relaxation as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1997.
The upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Government Offices or the State Government of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of the advertisement as per provisions of Odisha Group C and Group D posts ( Contractual appointment ) rules, 2013. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 01.01.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent School leaving Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Staff Selection Commission in regard to proof of age of the applicant.
4.b. Minimum Educational Qualification :
The candidate in order to be eligible for appearing in the selection examination for the post must have passed.
- Higher Secondary school ( +2 Arts / Science / Commerce ) certificate examination or equivalent school leaving examination of a recognised board / council and
- Possess a minimum speed of eighty words per minutes in shorthand both in English and Odia.
4.c. General Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate applying for the above post should be (a) a citizen of India, (b) of good character, (c) of sound health, good physique and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity ( not applicable to physically handicapped candidates ), (d) must not have more than one spouse living, (e) (i) must have passed M.E. school examination with odia as language subject, or (ii) have passed HSC examination or equivalent examination with odia as Medium of examination in non-language subject, or, (iii) passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII and above, or (iv) passed a test in Odia in M.E. school conducted by Education Department.
5. OSSC Junior Stenographer 2016 Examination Fee :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than PwD have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
5.1* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
*She / He will click on the option of e-payment and choose the option other deposit.
*The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
*She / he will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a challan reference ID will be generated.
*For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit card. On successful payment, an e-challan will be generated from the treasury portal.
*For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
*On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
*The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees.”
*The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
5.2 The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the treasury challan no. and date in the online application.
* SC / ST and Persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
6. Place and Date of OSSC Junior Stenographer Written Examination 2016 :
The date / time / venue of the written examination ( Language Tests ) shorthand tests will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course. The admission letters can be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website from a date to be notified later. The list of applicants whose applications are rejected shall be displayed in the said website simultaneously from that date.
7. Plan of OSSC Junior Stenographer Examination 2016 :
There shall be (i) a language test both in English and Odia (ii) a shorthand test in English (iii) a shorthand test in Odia as per the following description.
A. Language Test
|a. English||Only working knowledge in English language shall be tested.||25 marks
|b. Odia||Only working knowledge in Odia language shall be tested||25 marks
The examination will have 25 questions of one mark each in OMR sheet.
|(a) Dictation ( English )||05 minutes @ 80 words per minute||50 marks|
|(b) Transcription ( On Computer )||25 minutes @ 16 words per minute||50 marks|
|Note : Half ( 1/2 ) marks shall be deducted per mistake. Qualifying marks shall be 33%.|
|(a) Dictation ( Odia )||05 minutes @ 80 words per minute||50 marks|
|(b) Transcription ( On Computer )||35 minutes||50 marks|
Note : There shall not be any qualifying mark.
The transcription ( on Computer ) in odia will be done in “Leap Office” software.
Note : Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured in shorthand test in English, shorthand test in Odia and Language Test.
There shall be no viva voce test / interview.
8. OSSC Junior Stenographer Exam Admission Letter 2016 :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission Letter for the convenience of the admitted candidates on its website, www.ossc.gov.in. The candidate has to go to the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website. The candidates are advised to download their respective admission letters and take print out thereof. The admitted candidates will have to produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
The candidate who will appear both the language tests ( English & Odia ) will be allowed to appear the shorthand tests.
In case the photograph is not visible / available on the admission letter downloaded from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website, the candidates are advised to carry identical photographs, one for each sitting / session of the examination along with proof of identity such as Voter’s Identity Card / Passport / Driving licence / Pan Card along with the print out of the admission letter to the venue of the examination. No admission letter will be despatched to any candidate by post by the Odisha SSC Commission.
If any candidate finds it difficult to download his / her admission letter, he / she may report before the designated official of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission for issue of duplicate admission letter on either of the two consecutive days namely the third day and the 2nd day before the schedule date of examination.
9. Select List :
The select list shall be published based on the basis of total marks secured in shorthand test in English, shorthand test in Odia and Language tests.
10. OSSC Junior Stenographer Exam Results 2016 : The results for OSSC Junior Stenographer Exam 2016 will be published in due course in the Orissa Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Blue / Black ball point pen only shall be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission, at ‘www.ossc.gov.in‘ for detailed information about the programme of the examination etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices relating to this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The applicant should furnish correct mobile number for sending the SMS by OSSC, relating to the examination.
Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.