Odisha SSC Recruitment 2013 for Junior Librarian
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Junior Librarian ( post code-JL-83 ) in the Govt. Polytechnics in the State under the Directorate of Technical Education and Training ( D.T.E.T. ), Odisha and Director, SC & ST Research & Training Institute, Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
|Online Application Form will be available till 11.59 PM of Dated : 25.12.2013.|
|Last Date for Submission of D.A.F. along with copies of along with copies of requisite certificates and documents in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission by Regd. Post / Speed post is dated : 30.12.2013|
Online Recruitment Applications by using website www.odishassc.in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 22 Nos. of posts of Junior Librarian on contractual basis in 22 Govt. Polytechnics in the State under the Directorate of Technical Education and Training ( D.T.E.T. ), Odisha carrying a consolidated monthly remuneration of 5,200/- and one Junior Librarian under Director SC & ST Research & Training Institute Odisha in the Scale of Pay of 5,200/- to 20,200/- with G.P. 2,000/-.
l. OSSC Junior Librarian How to Apply 2013 :
a. Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission . By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online, are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Application Form. The Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted.
b. Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form, including the candidate’s recent passport size photograph and signature which have to be uploaded, without leaving any item blank. The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application.
c. The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy with due ink signed signature at the appropriate place along with copy of the Treasury challan and the Detailed Application Form and its enclosures ( refer paragraph – 7 ) should be promptly sent to the Odisha Public Service Commission superscribing the envelope as “Application for the Post of Junior Librarian” by Regd. / Speed Post.
d. Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
e. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Junior Librarian Applications 2013 :
- The last date for online submission of Application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of date 25.12.2013. The system will be disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of OSSC copy application form ( refer to para l.(c) above ) in the Odisha Public Service Commission’s office is 5 PM of date 30.12.2013. No application will be entertained in the Odisha Public Service Commission’s office after date 30.12.2013.
3. OSSC Junior Librarian Vacancy Position and Qualification 2013
a. Number of Posts to be Filled up and Reservations :
- As per information filed by the Director of Technical Education & Training, Odisha and the Director, SC & ST Research & Training Institute, Bhubaneswar the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
Category No. of post Men No. of post Women Total ( Col.2 + 3 ) Total 17 06 23 1 2 3 4 SC 03 01 04 ST 03 02 05 SEBC 04 01 05 UR 07 02 09
- Out of the above 7 posts reserved for UR one post belongs to Director, SC & ST Research & Training Institute. In case of Director of SC & ST Research and Training Institute the candidates must have at least 2nd class Bachelor’s degree in Library Science ( B.Lib. ) or Bachelors degree in any discipline of Social Science with a Diploma in Library Science and knowledge of computer application. The knowledge of computer application is mandatory. For the post relating to Director of Technical Education and Training, the candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science from a recognised Institution securing 1st Division.
- The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of Odisha Staff Selection Commission and Government.
- Besides the above, 01 no. of Ex-Servicemen, 01 no. of Person with disability are to be filled up, within the vacancy under the Directorate of Technical Education and Training ( DTET ) Odisha. The physical requirement of the PwD ( P.H. ) persons is based on the G.A. Department Resolution No.3404/Gen dtd.l3.02.2006.( Sl. No.235 ) i.e. O.H., P.D, LV.
4. OSSC Junior Librarian Eligibility 2013 :
- Age Limit for OSSC Junior Librarian 2013 : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2013. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women candidates, by 10 years in case of persons with disability and by the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of ex-servicemen. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981 and not later than 1st January 1992.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha / CBSE, New Delhi or equivalent will only be acceptable to the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- General Eligibility Criteria : A candidate in order to be eligible for the post / appearing at the competitive examination must be (i) citizen of India, (ii) be of good character, (iii) be of sound health, good physique and active habits (iv) be free from organic defects and bodily infirmity and (v) must not have more than one spouse living, (vi) must have passed language test in Odia of ME standard.
5. OSSC Junior Librarian Application Fee 2013 :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than PwD have to pay application fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
- She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
- The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
- She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
2. For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
3. For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
- On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
- The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
- The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
4. The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account- 005 l-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* SC/ST and persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
7. Plan of OSSC Junior Librarian Examination 2013 :
There will be an objective Written Test of 100 marks with 2 hours duration. There will be 100 questions in OMR Answer Sheet of multiple choice of answers from the syllabus prepared from the Bachelor of Library Science Course prescribed under Utkal University. There will be minus marking of 0.25 mark for each wrong answer. There is no provision for Viva-voce Test for recruitment of Junior Librarian. However interview of such number of UR( M ) candidate will be considered for one post of Junior Librarian meant for SC & ST Research & Training Institute as may be decided by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission out of the eligible candidates basing on their merit in the written examination.
N.B : The written examination will be done on OMR response sheet. While answering OMR Answer sheet precise marking should be done by using Blue / Black ball point pen only. No erasing / correction fluid or over writing is allowed in the OMR Answer sheet. The candidates should not write their name or give any symbol or mark in any place or portion of the answer sheet other than the place specified for writing the name only.
8. Select List
The select list shall be prepared, category-wise on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the written examination for 22 posts belonging to Director, Technical Education and Training ( DTET ) Odisha in case of one post meant for UR category belonging to Director of SC & ST Research and Training Institute the select list shall be prepared through written test and interview
9. OSSC Junior Librarian Results 2013 :
The results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.