Odisha SSC Recruitment 2015 for Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant ( post code – JFTA – 80 ) under the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack.
Important Notes :
1. Online application form will be available till 11:59 PM of dated 21.09.2015.
2. No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
3. Only candidates who qualify in the written examination shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
4. There will be a Common Objective written test of 100 marks with 1 – 1/2 hours duration which will be of qualifying nature to shortlist 3 times of vacancies of each category for viva voce test and career assessment.
5. There shall be a viva voce test for 25 marks.
6. There shall be a career assessment for 25 marks from H.S.C. to +2 vocational fisheries / +2 science.
7. The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Online Recruitment Applications by using website www.ossc.gov.in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 94 nos. of posts of Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant in the state under the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha carrying the pay band – 1 i.e 5200 – 20,200 with Grade Pay 1800/-.
1. How to Apply for OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant 2015
1.a. The aspirants are required to fill in the online application form prescribed for the post in the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission. The applicants other than the category of SC, ST and PwD category are required to deposit examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode as detailed in the clause 6 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post.
1.b. Candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission www.ossc.gov.in and then required to click the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting the application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions along with the instructions in Odisha SSC advertisement are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant application form 2015. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & Year of passing and whether Annual or Supplementary.
The applicant should furnish the correct information including the roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong / incorrect information in the online application form may lead to rejection of the application.
1.c. After validating the required information the blank application form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form without leaving any item blank. The candidates has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in Application Form can submitted by clicking on the ‘submit’ button. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. The applications not having the clear image of the photograph & signature of the applicant will be rejected. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the SSC application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Application Form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the Staff Selection Commission Orissa application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
1.d. The candidate has to take two printed copies of the OSSC application, one OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test, the candidate has to submit the OSSC copy in the Commission alongwith the original and self attested photo copy of the document mentioned at para 7.
1.e. Application received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
1.f. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidates log in, and providing the User ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of SSC Orissa Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Applications 2015 :
The online application form will be available from 21.08.2015. The last date for online submission of application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of dt. 21.09.2015. The system will be disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular Junior Motor Vehicle post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. Vacancy Position and Qualification :
1. Number of OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per information filed by the Director, Fisheries, Odisha, the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by the recruitment is as follows :
|Category||No. of Post Men||No. of Post Women||Remarks|
|SC||19||06||Including 4 backlog vacancies|
|ST||39||09||Including 18 backlog vacancies|
Out of the above, 03 nos. of Ex-Servicemen, 03 no. of Physically handicapped and 01 no. of sports person posts are to be filled up, within the vacancy. The category of the PH persons eligible are HI – ( Partially Deaf ), LV – ( Low Vision ). Physical Requirement – RW – Reading & Writing, S – Sitting on chair or bench, SE – Seeing. The functional classification of the PwD ( P.H. ) persons is based on the G.A. Department Resolution No.34450/Gen dtd.3.12.2013. ( Sl. No.276 ).
The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of Odisha Staff Selection Commission or the Director of Fisheries, Odisha Government.
2. OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Qualification 2015 :
The candidates must have passed +2 vocational ( Fisheries ) from CHSE / University. If candidates with +2 vocational ( Fisheries ) qualification are not available, candidates with +2 science qualification will be eligible for appointment. Therefore candidates having +2 vocational ( Fisheries ) qualification and candidates with +2 science qualification are eligible to apply for the post.
3. The candidates must know swimming well.
4. OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Eligibility 2015 :
a. Age Limit for OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant 2015 :
The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & women candidates, 10 years of PwD candidates and the total period of service rendered by the Ex-Servicemen candidates. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier the 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
The upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Government offices or the State Government of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of Odisha Group C & D posts ( Contractual appointment ) rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 01.01.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
b. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate by Board of Secondary Odisha / CBSE New Delhi or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Public Service Commission.
c. General Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate in order to be eligible for the post / appearing at the competitive examination must be
- citizen of India,
- be of good character,
- be of sound health, good physique and active habits,
- be free organic defects and bodily infirmity and,
- must not have more than one spouse living,
- must know swimming.
5. OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Application Fee 2015 :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than SC, ST and PwD candidates have to pay application fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
6. (1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
6. (2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
6. (3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
6. (4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* SC / ST and Persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
7. Plan of OSSC Junior Fisheries Technical Assistant Examination 2015 :
- There will be a common objective written test of 100 marks ( vocational fisheries – 50 and CBZ – 50 ) with 1 – 1/2 hours duration. There will be questions of +2 vocational fisheries and +2 science standard with multiple choice of answers. The test shall be of qualifying nature to short list 3 times of each category of vacancies for the career assessment and viva-voce test.N.B. : The written examination will be done on OMR response sheet. While answering OMR answer sheet precise marking should be done by using Blue / Black ball point pen only. No erasing / correction fluid or over writing is allowed in the OMR answer sheet. The candidates should not write their name or give any symbol or mark in any place or portion of the answer sheet other than the place specified for writing the name only.
- There shall be a viva voce test for 25 marks. Basing on the performance in the written test, candidates up to 3 times of the actual vacancy shall be called to appear in the viva voce test.
- There shall be a career assessment for 25 marks from HSC to +2 vocational fisheries / +2 science.
8. Select List : The select list shall be prepared, category wise in order of merit, taking into the sum total of marks secured by the candidates in the viva voce test and career assessment.
9. Results : The results will be publishment in due course in the Odisha Public Service Commission’s website.
Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at www.ossc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.