Odisha SSC Recruitment 2015 for Inspector of Cooperative Societies
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1 Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
The preliminary examination for the post of Inspector of Cooperative Societies will be held on 11.10.2015 ( Sunday ). The admission letter of eligible candidates will be uploaded in Staff Selection Commission’s website on 01.10.2015. Candidates are advised to download their admission letter from Staff Selection Commission’s website by using ‘user ID’ and ‘password’. No admit card will be sent through post.
|11.10.2015 ( Sunday )||One||10 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.||General Awareness|
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Inspector of Cooperative Societies on contractual basis ( post code-75/ICS ) under Registrar Cooperative Societies, Odisha, Bhubaneswar & Director Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack.
Important Dates for Odisha SSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies 2015 :
- Online application form will be available from 05.08.2015 till 04.09.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisa Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the OSSC written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- The candidates having Bachelor Degree from any recognised University in Arts / Science / Commerce or Law or possess such other qualification equivalent to such Degree and duly recognised by a University of Odisha with proficiency in Computer Operation are eligible for the post.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Online applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 121 numbers of posts for Inspector of Cooperative Societies under Registrar Cooperative Societies and 09 numbers of posts for Inspector of Cooperative Societies under Directorate of Fisheries on consolidated remuneration of 9300/- + Grade pay 4200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per OSSC advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
l. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Recruitment Exam 2015 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the OSSC Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the homepage of the website. The posts advertised for OSSC online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Application Form. The Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the OSSC application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application Form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test the candidate has to submit the same in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the following certificates.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree examination.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Computer application.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period. )
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class-VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan.
- PwD certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Identity Card and Discharge certificate indicating the period of service rendered, in case of Ex-Serviceman.
- Identity card issued by Sports & Youth Service Deptt. in case of sports person.
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such Adhar card, Voter I-card, Driving license, pass port etc.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate.
The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the Application Form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- OSSC Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha SSC Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the Application Form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC rules or other matters.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Job Applications 2015 :
2(a) The last date for online submission of OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Application in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 04.09.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Vacancy Position 2015
- Number of posts to be filled up and reservations : As per requisition received from Registrar Cooperative Societies & Director of Fisheries the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies recruitment is as follows :
Sl.No. Name of the Office Number of Vacancy SC ( out of which women ) ST ( out of which women ) SEBC ( out of which women ) UR ( out of which women ) Total ( out of which women ) 01 Registrar Cooperative Societies 06 ( W-02 ) 13 ( W-04 ) 04 ( W-01 ) 98 ( W-32 ) 121 ( W-39 ) 02 Director of Fisheries 01 02 ( W-01 ) 01 05 ( W-02 ) 09 ( W-03 ) Total 07 ( W-02 ) 15 ( W-05 ) 05 ( W-01 ) 103 ( W-34 ) 130 ( W-42 )
SC – Schedule Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class, UR – Un-Reserved.
Vacancy for Special category candidates under Registrar Cooperative Societies are as follows :
- PwD – 04.
- Ex Serviceman – 04.
- Sports person – 01.
PwD candidates of functional classification of OA ( One arm affected ) & OL ( One leg affected ) ( mobility not restricted ) category are suitable for the above post as per G.A Department resolution no. 34450/Gen dt. 3.12.2013 ( Sl.No. 245 of Group ‘C’ post at Annexure – III ).
- The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service for OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies 2015 : The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P 4200/- applicable to the OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies post as per Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service condition shall be regulated as per relevant recruitment rules.
5. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Eligibility 2015 :
- Age Limit for OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies 2015 : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC and Women candidates. 10 years for PwD candidates & total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen. However a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. Once an ex-serviceman has joined the Govt.job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Govt. cases.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in service contractual employees engaged by the Govt. or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt. offices or the State Govt. of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual appointment ) rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent thereto shall only be acceptable to the OSSC Commission.
6. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Educational Qualification 2015 :
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor Degree from any recognised university in Arts / Science / Commerce or Law or possess such other qualification equivalent to such degree and duly recognised by a University of Odisha.
- The candidate must have proficiency in computer knowledge such as Computer fundamentals, M.S ( Windows ), M.S ( Word ), M.S ( Excel ), M.S ( Access ), M.S ( Power point ), Information Technology & Internet etc. or as prescribed for OS-CIT course as decided by the Govt. in Higher Education Deptt. Resolution No.20959/HE dt. 21.08.2012. The above said Resolution is available in the Odisha SSC Commission’s website www.odishassc.in. The candidate who doesn’t have the above certificate must submit the same at the time of viva-voce test.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. General Eligibility of the Candidate : In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Examination Fee 2015 : The candidates other than SC / ST / PWD have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
8(1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option ‘Other Deposit’.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8(2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
8(3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
8(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
*Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through offline mode is liable for rejection of the application. An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha SSC Commission. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
* SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9. (I) Plan of OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Examination 2015
a. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Preliminary Examination 2015 :
OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Preliminary Examination on General Awareness – 1 & 1/2 hours of duration – 100 marks ( qualifying ).
b. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Main Examination 2015
Main written examination – 200 marks
|General English||One hour duration||50 marks ( Descriptive )|
|Odia Language||One hour duration||50 marks ( Descriptive )|
|Mathematics, General Studies & Computer application||One and half hour duration||45 + 40 + 15 = 100 marks ( OMR system )|
c. Viva-voce mark - 25 marks.
OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Preliminary Examination Syllabus 2015 :
The OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies preliminary examination will be of 100 marks on General Awareness with multiple choices of answers. The question will cover different fields of knowledge such as General Science, Current affairs, Socio economic development, Indian polity, History, Geography and Arithmetic of HSC standard. The answer scripts will be in OMR form. There will be negative marking @ of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies examination will be a screening test, qualifying in nature, to short list candidates for main written examination. Candidates about 12 times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the main written examination.
OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Main Written Examination Syllabus 2015 :
General English : It is descriptive in nature. The questions will include comprehension of a given passage, precis writing, usages & vocabulary, short essay writing, letter writing and knowledge of grammar.
Odia Language : It is descriptive in nature. The questions will include comprehension of a given passage, letter writing, application, report writing, usages & vocabulary, short essay writing, application, report writing, usage & vocabulary, short essay writing, translation from English to Odia and grammar.
General Studies : The question shall be of objective type of 40 questions with multiple choice of answers. The candidate has to answer in OMR sheet. The questions will cover the fields of knowledge on World & Indian Geography with special reference to Geography of Odisha, Indian polity & economy, Indian History, Human Rights, current affairs, General Science, Cooperative institutions etc.
Mathematics : The question shall be of objective type of 45 questions with multiple choice of answers. The candidates has to answer in OMR sheet. The question will cover the number system, ratio and proportion, partnership, percentage, time & work, profit & loss, rate & taxes, time & distance, simple and compound interest, elementary algebra, mensuration statistics, probability, mental reasoning of HSC standard.
Computer Application : The question shall be of objective type of 15 questions with multiple choice of answers. The candidate has to answer in OMR sheet. The question will cover computer fundamentals, M.S ( Windows ), M.S ( Word ), M.S ( Excel ), M.S ( Access ), M.S ( Power point ), Information Technology & Internet etc.
OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Viva Voce Test : The viva voce mark may be of 25 marks. Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates numbering up to 3 times the number of vacancies in the respective categories will be called for viva voce test.
10. OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Exam Admission Letter 2015 : The Odisha SSC Commission shall upload the OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website. “www.odishassc.in“. The candidate have to visit the website of the OSSC Commission by click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection.
Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Commission’s website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out thereof and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the examination. The OSSC Inspector of Cooperative Societies Exam admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of OSSC Commission.
No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the viva voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para 1(C), failing which he / she be debarred from the viva voce test.
11. Select List : The final select list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the main examination and viva voce test taken together category wise. The allotment of candidates to either registrar cooperative societies or director of fisheries shall be made as per category wise vacancies notified above. However the candidates will be allowed to submit their choice at the time of vaiva voce test which will be taken into consideration. But the Commission reserve rights to assign any candidate to any of the two offices at their discretion which shall be final.
Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the OSSC Commission at ‘www.odishassc.in‘ for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva-voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to OSSC examination.
Important Note for OSSC Recruitment Exam 2015 :
Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the Odisha SSC examination.