Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Welfare Extension Officer – OSSC WEO Scheme
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No.1. Unit – V. Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Odisha SSC main written examination for the post of Welfare Extension Officer (Advertisement No. 5105 /OSSC dt. 20.11.2015) will be held on 11th March, 2017 (Saturday) as per following program :
|Date of Examination||Sitting||Time||Subject|
|11th March, 2017|
( Saturday )
|1st Sitting||10.00 A.M. to 11.30 A.M.||General English
( Descriptive )
|2nd Sitting ||12.00 P.M. to 1.30 P.M.||Odia Language
( Descriptive )
|3rd Sitting||2.30 P.M. to 4.00 P.M.||General Studies
( OMR Sheet )
The admission letter of short listed candidates will be uploaded from 01st March, 2017 in Commission’s website. Candidates are advised to download their admission letter from Commission’s website thereafter by using ‘user ID’ and ‘passward’. No admit card will be sent through post.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Welfare Extension Officer on contractual basis ( post code – 74 / WEO ) under ST & SC Development Department, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
- Odisha SSC Online application form will be available from 27.11.2015 till 26.12.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification and assessment of career marks.
- The candidates having Bachelor Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce or an equivalent examination from any University incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 or a foreign University approved by Central Government from time to time.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Odisha SSC Online Applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 106 numbers of contractual posts for Welfare Extension Officer under ST & SC Development Department on consolidated remuneration of 9300/- + Grade Pay 4200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith :
OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Application Form 2015 :
1. a. Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Commission www.ossc.gov.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
1. b. Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the on line application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned full signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application.
The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the Submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
1. c. The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Commission’s website.
1. d. OSSC WEO Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
1. e. The Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
1. f. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Applications 2015 : The last date for online submission of OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 26th December, 2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Vacancy Position 2015 :
(a) Number of posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per requisition received from ST & SC Development Department the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Category||Total||Out of which Female|
Note : SC – Schedule Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially Educationally Backward Classes, UR – Un-Reserved.
Odisha SSC WEO Vacancy for Special category :
- PWD – 03
- Ex-Serviceman – 03
- Sports person – 01
- PwD candidates of following functional classification are suitable for the above post as per G.A Department Resolution No. 34450/Gen dt. 3.12.2013 ( Sl.No. 562 of Group ‘B’ post at Annexure – III ) OL – One Leg affected, HI – Partially Deaf ( with suitable aid ), LV – Low vision, OA – One Arm affected ( Mobility not be restricted ).
3. b. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. OSSC WEO Scale of Pay & Condition of Service.
The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P 4200/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service conditions & recruitment shall be regulated as per relevant rules.
5. OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Eligibility 2015 :
5. a. Age Limit for OSSC Welfare Extension Officer 2015 : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST , SEBC all Women candidates & Sevaks & Teachers who are serving under ST & SC Dev. Department. 10 years for PWD candidates & total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-servicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as ex-serviceman for the post. Once an ex-serviceman has joined the Govt, job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of reemployment in Govt, ceases.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices of the Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules,2013”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
5. b. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
6. OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Educational Qualification 2015 :
- The candidate must have obtained Bachelors Degree in Arts / Science or Commerce or an equivalent examination from any University incorporated by an Act of the central or a State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 or a foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. General eligibility of the candidate In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have :
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Welfare Extension Officer Examination Fee 2015 :
All UR & SEBC candidates other than SC / ST / PWD have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or off-line mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
1. * In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option “Examination fees”.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
2. * For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
3. * For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank. *The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
4. The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode is liable for rejection of the application.
An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
• SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.