Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2013 for Sub Inspector ( Traffic )
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Sub Inspector ( Traffic ) in OMVD ( post code – SIT – 82 ) under the Commerce & Transport ( Transport ) Department, Odisha.
Online Recruitment Applications by using website www.odishassc.in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment of 22 ( twenty two ) posts of Sub Inspector ( Traffic ) under Commerce and Transport ( Transport ) Department, Odisha, carrying the Pay Band – 2, 9,300 – 34,800/- with Grade Pay 4200/-.
1. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector How to Apply :
a. Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Application Form. The Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted.
b. Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form without leaving any, item blank. The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The up-loaded photograph and the full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation of the candidate on this count will be entertained. The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’.
Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted the applicant can edit the application form within 48 hours by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’.
c. The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The hard copy of the application form i.e. the OSSC copy with due ink signed signature at the appropriate place along with copy of the Treasury challan ( except for SC / ST candidates ) and enclosures ( refer to para SI. No.8 below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the Secretary, Odisha Staff Selection Commission, Barrack No.l, Unit – V, Bhubaneswar – 751 054 superscribing the envelope as “Application for the post of Sub Inspector ( Traffic )” by Regd. Post / Speed Post.
d. Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
e. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Applications :
a. The last date for online submission of Application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of dt. 29.11.2013. The system will be disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
b. The closing time for receipt of OSSC copy application form ( DAF ) ( refer to Para SI. No. 1 .(c) above ) in the Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of dt. 7/12/2013. No application will be entertained in the Staff Selection Commission’s office after 07.12.2013
3. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Vacancy Position
Number of posts to be filled UP and reservations :
As per requisition filed by the Addl. Commissioner Transport ( Admn. ) STA, Odisha Cuttack the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Category||Total no. of Vacancy||No. of Vacancy Reserved for Women|
SC – Schedule Caste
ST – Schedule Tribe
SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class
UR – Un Reserved.
Out of the above vacancies the post reserved for Sports Person is 1 ( one ) and for Exserviceman is 1 ( one ). The Persons with Disability shall not be eligible for recruitment to the service / post.
OSSC Sub Inspector Eligibility
4. a. Age Limit for OSSC Sub Inspector
The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2013. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST / SEBC / Women category. In case of Ex-servicemen the upper age limit is relaxable by the total period of service rendered in Defence Forces. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1981 and not later than 1st January 1992. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application form are not eligible for the post.
b. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Qualification :
The candidates must have passed a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognised university or Institution in Arts / Science / Commerce / Engineering or law or possess such other educational qualification equivalent to such degree, obtained from a university established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or the State Legilature or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
6. Physical Measurements and Physical Tests :
The candidate must have possessed the following physical standards to be eligible for the post.
|Category||Height||Weight||Chest Unexpanded||Chest Expended|
|General / SEBC ( Men )||168 cm||55 kg||79 cm||84 cm|
|General / SEBC ( Women )||158 cm||47.5 kg||-||-|
|SC / ST ( Men )||163 cm||50 kg||76 cm||81 cm|
|SC / ST ( Women )||153 cm||45 kg||-||-|
The candidates who have qualified in the physical standard prescribed above will be required to undergo the following test :
|Item of physical test||Men(all category)||Women(all category)|
|i. Running 1.6 kilometre||In 6 minutes 30 seconds||In 8 minutes 30 seconds|
|ii. Cycling 1.6 kilometre||In 4 minutes 30 seconds||In 7 minutes|
The Physical Test Board constituted by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall conduct the physical measurements and physical test. The decision of the Board shall be final.
7. Other Criteria :
- The persons with disability in any form are not eligible for the post.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non – language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate, who after such medical examination as the Government may prescribe, is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Examination Fee :
All SEBC & UR candidates have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
a. * In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
- She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.’
- The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
- She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
- For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
- For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
- On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
- The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC- 104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
- The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051 -PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
- SC & ST candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9. Place and Date of Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Written Examination :
The date / time / venue of the written examination will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course which will be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Odisha Public Service Commission’s website from a date to be notified later. The list of admitted & rejected candidates shall be displayed in the said website simultaneously from that date.
10. (I) Plan of Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Examination :
The recruitment examination shall consist of the following stages.
|A||Preliminary Examination||1 hour duration ( Qualifying nature only )||100 marks|
|B||Main written examination||Three papers ( 100 marks each paper & 90 minutes duration each )||300 marks|
|C||Measurement of Physical Standard and Physical Test ( Qualifying nature ) only as detailed at Clause - 6|
|D||Viva-voce test||-||30 marks|
There may be a Preliminary Examination of qualifying nature of lhr duration in 100 marks. The commission may dispense with the preliminary examination depending on the number of application received. The candidates are required to qualify in each test as in order to be selected finally.
11. (II) Syllabus of the Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Examinations :
A. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Preliminary Examination
The Odisha Public Service Commission may conduct a preliminary examination for the recruitment to the post Sub-Inspector Traffic depending on the number of application received. The Preliminary test shall consist of one paper on General Awareness with 100 marks of 1 hour duration. The question will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers. The OMR Answer sheet will be used in the examination. The questions shall be to test the candidates General Awareness on general Science, Current affairs, geography, history of India and Odisha, Indian Constitution, Socio-Economic and Political Development, English Grammar, Numerical ability, problem solving and reasoning & etc.
The candidates numbering 12 times of the vacancy in each reserve / unreserved category shall be selected for the main examination. The Odisha Public Service Commission at his discretion may tlx a qualifying mark for the examination. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may adopt negative marking @-0.25 per wrong answer in this examination.
B. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Main ( Written ) Examination : 300 marks.
The qualified candidates in the Preliminary Examination will be called to appear at the Main written examination.
|Paper - I||Arithmetic||100 marks||90 minutes|
|Paper - II||English||100 marks||90 minutes|
|Paper - Ill||General Knowledge||100 marks||90 minutes|
The Syllabus of the main examination for Odisha SSC Sub Inspector will be as follows :
Paper – I : Arithmetic – 100 marks – 90 minutes
The questions on Arithmetic will be of HSC Standard covering the following chapter. Time & distance, time and work, decimal and fraction, percentage, profit and loss, average, simple and compound interest, rate and taxes, mixture, partnership etc. The questions on this paper will be 100 numbers of multiple choice types to be answered in OMR Answer sheet. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may adopt negative marking @ -0.25 per wrong answer in this paper.
Paper – II : English – 100 Marks – 90 minutes duration
The questions will be of descriptive type of graduation standard and will broadly include the followings.
- Comprehension of a given passage.
- Precis writing
- Usage & vocabulary
- Short essay writing
- Knowledge of Grammar
- Common error & etc.
Paper – III General Knowledge – 100 marks – 90 minutes duration;
The questions shall test general awareness of candidates of a variety of subjects covering various fields of knowledge as expected from any graduate. The question will be of objective type with multiple choices of answer in OMR answer sheet. The question on the paper will cover following field of knowledge.
- General Science and recent scientific / Technological developments
- Current events of Nation and International importance
- History of India and odisha
- Indian polity and economy
- Constitution of India
- Human rights
- Any other subject on general awareness.
The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may adopt the negative marking @-0.25 per wrong answer in this paper.
C. Physical Measurement and Physical Test
The male candidates numbering up to 5 times of the number of vacancy category wise & the female candidates up to 7 times of the number of vacancy category wise will be shortlisted for appearing the physical measurements and physical tests. The test is of qualifying nature and the candidates has to qualify in the physical Measurements & Physical tests so as to appear in the next stage of the test i.e. viva-voce test. The Odisha Public Service Commission will constitute a Physical Test Board for the purpose and the decision of the Physical Test Board shall be final.
Failure in any of the physical measurement and physical test prescribed will lead to disqualification of the candidate he / she shall not be allowed to appear the further physical measurement / test viva – voce test. The details about the physical test have been furnished in the clause 6 above.
12. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Admission Letter :
The Odisha Public Service Commission shall upload the Admission letter of this recruitment examination at different stages ( preliminary exam / main written exam / Physical test etc ) of the admitted candidates on its website, www.odishassc.in. The candidate has to log on to the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission by clicking on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection.
Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out thereof. The admitted candidates will have to produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examinations / tests. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
No Admission Letter / call letter at any stage will be despatched to any candidate by post.
13. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Viva-voce Test
There shall be a viva-voce test to be conducted by the viva-voce Board constituted by the Odisha Public Service Commission. The candidates qualifying in the physical measurement and physical test up to 3 times the vacancy shall be called to appear in the viva-voce test. This test shall consist of 30 marks and shall be conducted for assessing the suitability of candidates including their general out look and personality.
14. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Select List
The select list shall be prepared taking into the sum total of marks secured by the candidates in the written examination, and viva-voce test taken together in order of merit.
15. Odisha SSC Sub Inspector Results :
The results of the selected candidates will be published as per the vacancy advertised in due course in the Odisha Public Service Commission’s website.
l. Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
2. Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.
3. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at www.odishassc.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva-voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.