|Odisha SSC Preliminary Examination for the post of Senior Economic Investigator 2015 will be held on 31st July, 2016 (Sunday). Candidates are advised to download their admission letter from 21st July, 2016 from Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website http://www.ossc.gov.in by using ‘user ID’ and passward’. No admit card will be sent through post.|
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No.1. Unit V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Senior Economic Investigator – OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Recruitment Exam Syllabus | OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Recruitment Exam Economics Syllabus
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Senior Economic Investigator ( Post Code – SEI – 56 ) under the Government in Planning & Co – ordination Department.
OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Important Date 2016 :
- OSSC SEI Online application form 2016 will be available from 28.12.2015 Till 27.01.2016 By 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of OSSC SEI application form 2016 is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates 12 times of the vacancy from each category who qualify in the preliminary examination shall appear the written test, Computer Skill Test & Career Assessment. The short listed candidates shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva – voce test.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the OSSC SEI application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
- The candidates will choose one of the optional subjects from the syllabi for appearing the OSSC SEI main written examination 2016.
OSSC SEI Online Applications 2016 are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 64 numbers of Senior Economic Investigator under Planning & Co – ordination Department on contractual basis with consolidated remuneration of 9300 + GP 4200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the OSSC SEI written examination 2016 would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the OSSC SEI online application form 2016. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite OSSC SEI examination fee 2016, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
1. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator How to Apply 2016 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in By clicking on the tab ‘Online Application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for OSSC SEI online application 2016 and detailed instructions for submitting OSSC SEI application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC SEI application form 2016. The OSSC SEI application form 2016 can be generated by clicking on ‘Apply Online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the OSSC SEI application form 2016. After filling the OSSC SEI application 2016, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the OSSC SEI online application form 2016. The candidates are also advised to indicate one of optional subject from the syllabi he / she is eligible as per their qualification and fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in S.C, +2 or other qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up – loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in OSSC SEI application form 2016 can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’ Before submitting the online application the applicant must re – check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘Submit Button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the OSSC SEI application 2016. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘Print Application Form’ to generate the filled in OSSC SEI application form 2016. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘Unique Bar Code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the OSSC SEI application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘Log In’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘Submit Button’. Editing of the OSSC SEI application 2016 will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva – voce test the candidate has to submit the OSSC copy in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the following certificates.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree or Post Graduate as mentioned at Para 6 of the Advertisement.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period ).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class – VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- PwD certificate / identity Card issued by the Competent Authority.
- Copy of Identity Card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Aadhar Card, Voter I – Card, Driving Licence, Pass Port etc. and Discharge certificate indicating the period of service rendered, in case of Ex – Serviceman.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan.
The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the OSSC SEI application form 2016. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the OSSC SEI call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- OSSC SEI Applications 2016 received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the OSSC SEI application 2016 of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the OSSC SEI application form 2016 or ineligible for whatsoever reason( s ) it may be.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘Online Application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Applications 2016 :
a. The last date for online submission of OSSC SEI Application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 27.01.2016. The system will be automatically; disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the OSSC SEI application form 2016 for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Vacancy Position 2016:
a. Number of Posts to be Filled up and Reservations : As per requisition received from the Planning & Co – ordination Department the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|SI.No||Name of the Office||UR ( out of which women )||SEBC ( out of which women )||SC ( out of which women )||ST ( out of which women )||Total ( out of which women )|
|01||Senior Economic Investigator||35 ( W - 12 )||10 ( W - 03 )||07 ( W - 02 )||12 ( W - 4 )||64 ( W - 21 )|
SC – Schedule Caste,
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class,
UR – Un – Reserved.
Two posts will be reserved for PwD candidates & 2 posts for Ex – Servicemen category. PwD candidates of functional classification of OA, OL, BL ( mobility not be restricted ), HI ( with suitable aid ).
OA – One arm affected.
BL – ( Both leg affected but mobility not restricted )
OL – One leg affected
HI – Partially Deaf
b. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the : Basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per : discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authority and the Government.
4. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Scale of Pay & Condition of Service 2016 :
Consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P. 4,200/- The condition of service of the post advertised shall be guided by the Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules-2013 notified vide : G.A. Department Notification No.GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dtd. 17.01.2014 and Odisha Group – C & Group – D posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules,2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No.GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dtd. 12.11.2013. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.
5. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Eligibility 2016 :
5(a). OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Age 2016 :
The minimum age for the OSSC SEI post 2016 is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & Women, Ex – Serviceman candidates, 10 years for PwD candidates for all the post. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire discharge from the Forces as on the date of the submission of OSSC SEI online application 2016 are not eligible to apply as ex – serviceman for the post. Once art ex – serviceman has joined the Govt. job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an ex – serviceman for his re – employment, his ex – serviceman status for the purpose of re – employment in Govt. ceases.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in – service contractual employees engaged by the Govt. or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt. offices or the State Govt. of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
5(b). Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
6. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Educational Qualification 2016 :
- The candidate must have passed a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours or Post Graduate Degree in any of the following subjects : Economics or Applied Economics or Agriculture Economics or Resource Economics or Commerce or Mathematics, Sociology with Statistics as one of the papers or Geography with Regional Planning as one of the papers or Statistics with Econometrics / Regional Planning or Business Administration or Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognised University and must have adequate knowledge in Computer Applications.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator General Eligibility of the Candidate 2016 :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the OSSC SEI examination 2016 a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or;
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non – language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Examination Fee 2016 :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than SC / ST and persons With Disability ( PWD ) have to pay an OSSC SEI examination fee 2016 of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or off – line mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the OSSC SEI examination fee 2016 is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
8. (1)* In case of e – payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e – Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8. (2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e – Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
8. (3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the OSSC SEI online application 2016.
8. (4)* The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047- Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the OSSC SEI online application 2016.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the OSSC SEI application form 2016 relating to OSSC SEI examination fees 2016 deposited through off – line mode is liable for rejection of the OSSC SEI application 2016. An enquiry on the deposit of OSSC SEI examination fee 2016 by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. OSSC SEI Applications 2016 without examination fee shall be rejected.
• SC / ST / PH candidates are exempted from paying OSSC SEI examination fee 2016.
9. Plan of OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Examination 2016 :
|Sl. No.||Type of Examination||Marks Allotted|
|A||Preliminary examination ( Qualifying nature only ) to shortlist the candidates for main written examination.||100 marks
( 1 & 1/2 hrs )
Objective Type in OMR answer sheet
|B||Main written examination|
( both Objective & Subjective )
50 marks - 1 hour
50 marks - 1 hour
100 marks - 2 hour
|C||Skill Test in Computer Application ( Practical )||30 minutes - 30 marks|
|D||Career Assessment||HSC - 40 Marks
Graduation - 50 Marks
Total - 90 Marks
|E||Viva Voce||30 Marks|
(A). OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Preliminary Examination 2016 – 100 Marks – 1 & 1/2 Hours ( Qualifying ) :
The OSSC SEI Preliminary Examination 2016 will be held on General Awareness and will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers to be answered in OMR Sheet. Questions on General Science, Current Events, Socio Economic and Political Situation, History, Geography, Human Rights & Responsibilities, Knowledge in Computer, English Grammar, Arithmetic of HSC Standard and etc. as may be commonly expected from Degree qualified person. The examination will be of qualifying in nature.
The candidates numbering 12 times of the vacancy in each reserved / unreserved category shall be selected for the OSSC SEI main examination 2016.
(B). OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Main ( Written ) Examination 2016 :
a. General English – 50 Marks – 1 Hour :
The pattern of question on General English will broadly include : Comprehension of a given passage, precies writing, usages & vocabulary, short essay writing and knowledge of grammar.
b. Odia Language – 50 Marks – 1 Hour :
The questions will include comprehension of a given passage, letter, application, report writing etc. usage and vocabulary, short essay writing, translation from English to Odia.
c. Optional Subject – 100 Marks – 2 Hours :
The candidate shall opt any of the following optional papers of which question shall be of graduation standard. The detailed syllabi for optional subject papers for OSSC SEI examination 2016 are :
- Applied Economics
- Agriculture Economics
- Resource Economics
- Sociology with Statistics as one of the paper
- Geography with Regional Planning as one of the paper
- Statistics with Econometrics as one of the paper
- Statistics with Regional Planning as one of the paper
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Information Technology.
(C). Computer Application – 30 Marks – 30 Minutes ( Practical ) :
The candidates will appear the Computer Skill Test in the following syllabus.
a. Computer Fundamentals.
b. Windows ( MS Windows ).
c. MS Office.
- Word Processing ( MS Word ).
- Spread Sheet( MS Excel ).
- Presentation knowledge ( MS Power Point ).
- MS Access.
d. Usage of Internet Services available on Internet.
e. Communication Technology, Networking Concepts.
(D). Career Assessment – 90 Marks :
10. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Viva voce Test 2016 :
There shall be a viva – voce test carrying 30 marks. The candidates numbering about 3 times of each category of the respective posts shall be called for the viva – voce test as per their performance in the OSSC SEI written examination 2016, Computer Skill Test and career Assessment.
11. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Admission Letter 2016 :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the OSSC SEI Admission letter 2016 of the admitted candidates on its Website, www.ossc.gov. in. The candidates have to visit; the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘User ID’ and ‘Password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the OSSC SEI application 2016 has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of OSSC SEI examination 2016. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and require to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the OSSC SEI examination 2016. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the OSSC SEI viva – voce examination 2016. Before being allowed to appear at the viva – voce test, It candidate is required to produce original certificate as listed at Para – 1 ( C ) failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva – voce test.
12. OSSC Senior Economic Investigator Result 2016 :
The results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website taking into consideration the sum total of marks secured in written test, career assessment, computer skill test and viva – voce test.
- Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at www.ossc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva – voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the OSSC SEI application 2016, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.
- Warning : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.
Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Senior Economic Investigator
Related Keywords for Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Senior Economic Investigator : OSSC SEI Written Examination 2016, OSSC SEI Prelims Exam Online Registration 2016, OSSC SEI Application Form Last Date 2016, Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Senior Economic Investigator, OSSC SEI Application Payment 2016, How to Apply for OSSC SEI Exam 2016, OSSC SEI Exam Venue 2016, OSSC SEI Exam Plan 2016, OSSC SEI Application Submission Last Date 2016, OSSC SEI Examination Fee 2016, OSSC SEI Test 2016, OSSC SEI Pay Scale 2016, OSSC SEI Syllabus 2016, OSSC SEI Pay Roll 2016, OSSC SEI Selection Process 2016, OSSC SEI Result 2016, OSSC SEI Viva Voce 2016, OSSC SEI Exam Schedule 2016, OSSC SEI Fee Payment 2016, OSSC SEI Main Exam Syllabus 2016, OSSC SEI Admission Letter 2016, OSSC SEI Educational Qualification 2016, OSSC SEI Computer Test 2016, OSSC Exam 2016, OSSC Result 2016, OSSC Notification 2016,