Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Research Assistant
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No 1. Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Research Assistant on contractual basis ( post code-99/RA ) under SC & ST Research & Training Institute, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
Important Dates for OSSC Recruitment Exam for Research Assistant Jobs 2015 :
- Odisha SSC Online application form will be available from 10.06.2015 till 09.07.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- The ST / SC candidates having Master Degree in Anthropology, Tribal Studies, Sociology, Social work, Applied Economics and Statistics from recognised University with at least 55% marks and practical knowledge in Computer application are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Online Applications for OSSC are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 2 posts of Research Assistant on contractual basis under SC & ST Research & Training Institute, Odisha on consolidated remuneration of 9300 /- + Grade Pay 4200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per OSSC advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his Odisha SSC application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
1. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Research Assistant Jobs 2015 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online‘ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the OSSC application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button‘.
Before submitting the OSSC online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the Odisha SSC application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form‘ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test the candidate has to submit the same in the OSSC Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the following certificates.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Master Degree in Anthropology, Tribal Studies, Sociology, Social work, Applied Economics and Statistics from recognised University.
- Certificate & mark sheet of M.Phil & Ph.D
- Certificate & mark sheet of Computer knowledge.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period ).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class-VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Aadhar card, Voter I-card, Driving licence, pass port etc.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate. The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to download the call letter from the Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications for OSSC jobs received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application‘ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Job Applications 2015 : The last date for online submission of Application for OSSC in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 09.07.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Vacancy Position.
- Number of OSSC posts to be filled up and reservations :As per requisition received from SC & ST Research & Training Institute, Bhubaneswar the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by OSSC recruitment is as follows :
Category Vacancy Total 02 SC ( M ) 01 ST ( M ) 01
ST – Scheduled Tribe
- The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of Odisha SSC recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the OSSC Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service for OSSC Research Assistant Jobs 2015 : The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P 4200/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group-B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service condition shall be regulated as per relevant recruitment rules.
5. Eligibility for OSSC Research Assistant Jobs 2015 :
- Age : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015 and relaxable by 5 years for SC & ST candidates as per existing rule. To be eligible, candidates must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1978 and not later than 1st January 1994. However the upper age limit is relaxable for inservice contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha only who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha SSC Commission.
6. Educational Qualification for OSSC Research Assistant Recruitment 2015
- The candidate must have passed Master Degree in Anthropology, Tribal Studies, Sociology, Social work, Applied Economics or Statistics from a recognised University with at least 55% of marks and practical knowledge in Computer application.
As practical knowledge in Computer the candidate must have (a) Basic Knowledge & skills of computer (b) Internet & E mail, (c) M.S word, M.S Excel, (e) Power points etc. or as prescribed for OS-CIT course as decided by the Govt. in Higher Education Deptt. Resolution No. 20959/HE dt. 21.8.2015. The above said Resolution is available in the Odisha SSC Commission’s website www.odishassc.in. ‘O’ – level certificate awarded by DOECAC or any higher qualification will also be admissible.Preference shall be given to the candidates having an M.Phil or Ph.D Degree in their respective field of specialisation.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. General Eligibility of the Candidate for OSSC Job Vacancies 2015
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Research Assistant Recruitment Examination Fee 2015 : SC & ST candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9. Plan of Odisha SSC Examination 2015 for Research Assistant
- Written examination – 300 marks ( Two parts of subjective type )
- Viva voce mark – 30 marks
The Odisha SSC written examination will comprise of two parts having subjective type questions.
Paper-I : Compulsory Part ( 150 marks with 3 hours duration )
The Compulsory part will have 06 units covering the broad and basic topics as given below.
- Concept of Social Development & Development Research.
- Demography with special reference to Schedule tribe population.
- Techniques in Social Research
- Elementary Statistics in Social Research
- Ethics in Social Science Research
- Knowledge of Computer Applications in Social Sciences.
Paper-II Optional Part – ( 150 marks with 3 hours duration )
The Optional Part will cover topics distributed under 06 Units separately in each of the disciplines specified under the relevant cadre Rule such as Anthroplogy, Tribal Studies, Sociology, Social Work, Applied Economics and Statistics.
The topics are of PG standard with emphasis on applied aspects. The candidates have to choose any one of the subject.
The detail syllabus is available in the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
10. Viva voce Test : There shall be a viva-voce test carrying 30 marks. Basing on the performance in the written examination, candidates numbering up to 3 times the number of vacancies in the respective categories will be called for viva-voce test.
11. OSSC Research Assistant Admission Letter 2015 : The Odisha SSC Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website, “www.odishassc.in“. The candidates have to visit the website of the Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded.
This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are a8dvised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the OSSC examination. The OSSC admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the OSSC examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of OSSC Commission. No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the via-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para-1(C), failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
12. OSSC Recruitment Exam Result 2015 : The results will be published in due course in the OSSC Commission’s website taking into consideration the sum total of marks secured in written examination and viva-voce test.
Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Staff Selection Commission at ‘www.odishassc.in‘ for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva-voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the OSSC application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of Odisha SSC recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to OSSC examination.
Important Note for OSSC Recruitment 2015 : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the Odisha SSC examination.