Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack no. 1,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Direct recruitment of candidates for the post of Prison Welfare Officer / Sub-Divisional Probation Officer / After Care Officer under the Directorate of Prisons and Correctional Services ( Home Department ) Odisha, Bhubaneswar. ( Post Code – JCO – 47 ).
- Online Application Form will be available from 25.06.2014 till 25.07.2014 by 11.59 P.M.
- Last date of receipt of the DAF is 02.08.2014.
OSSC Online Applications 2014 are invited by using the website www.odishassc.in for selection of candidates for recruitment to 17 Nos of posts of Prison Welfare Officer / Sub-Divisional Probation Officer / After Care Officer under the Directorate of Prisons and Correctional Services ( Home Department ) Odisha, Bhubaneswar, ( Post Code-JCO-47 ), initially on contractual basis, as per ‘The Odisha Group – B Posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013, Notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dated 17.01.2014, carrying pay in the Pay Band – 2 9,300/- to 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4,200/-.
1. OSSC Recruitment Exam How to Apply :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in by clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Application Form. The Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to next Step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- After validating the required information the Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form without leaving any item blank. The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take two copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the Applicant’s copy. The hard copy of the Application, i.e. the OSSC copy with duly ink signed at the appropriate place along with original copy of the Treasury challan / e-challan ( except for SC / ST candidates ) with signature and seal of the concerned Bank, where the payment has been made off-line or conventional mode along with required certificates and documents ( refer to clause 7 below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission, Superscribing on the top of the envelop as “Application for the post of Prison Welfare Officer / Sub-Divisional Probation Officer / After Care Officer” by Regd. Post / Speed Post in the following address :”To the Secretary odisha Staff Selection Commission, Barrack No 1, Unit – V, Bhubaneswar, 751 054″.
The last date of receipt of DAF in OSSC, through Speed Post / Regd. Post is 02.08.2014The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘used ID’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the Application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to asses to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- Admission of all candidates in the Preliminary ( if any ) and Main written examination is provisional subject to verification of original certificate(s) / document(s) etc at the time of via-voce test. The eligibility of the candidate who qualifies in the main written examination only will be verified before the viva-voce test. The Orissa Public Service Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the Application Form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Recruitment Exam Applications 2014 :
- The last date for online submission of OSSC Recruitment Exam Application 2014 in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 25.07.2014. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of the DAF ( i.e. the OSSC copy of the Application form duly ink signed at appropriate place, Treasury Challan if any and other documents ( refer to clause 7 ), together called the DAF ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of 02.08.2014 through Speed post / Registered post only. No application will be entertained in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office after the date and time stipulated above. No Application form will be received by hand / in the drop box in the office of the Orissa Staff Selection Commission.
3. Number of OSSC Posts to be Filled up and Reservations :
- As per information filed by the Directorate of Prisons and Correctional Services, the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
Total 11 06 17 SI.No. Categories No. of Vacancies for which the recruitment examination will be conducted. Male Female Total 1 S.C. 01 01 02 2 S.T. 03 02 05 3 S.E.B.C. 03 01 04 4 U.R. 04 02 06
1 ( one ) post is reserved for Ex-servicemen. The vacancy for ‘Sports Persons’ is ‘Nil’. The Persons with Disability are not eligible for the posts.
- The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of Orisha Staff Selection Commission recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice at the discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service
The appointment shall be made initially on contractual basis in the Pay Band and Grade pay applicable to the post, i.e. P.B. 2, 9300/- to 34800/, plus Grade Pay 4200/-. The condition of service and tenure of the post will be guided by the ‘Odisha Group B Posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013. Notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061- 2013-1147/Gen dated 17.01.2014 and the Orissa Subordinate Correctional Service Rules, 1992.