Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No.1. Unit V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
The Main written examination for the post of Market Intelligence Inspector will be held on 07.08.2016 ( Sunday ). Candidates are advised to download their admission letter from 28.07.2016 from Commission’s website by using ‘user id’ and ‘password’. No admit card will be sent through post.
Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Market Intelligence Inspector
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Market Intelligence Inspector on contractual basis ( post code – 118 / MII ) under Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Important Date 2016 :
- OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Online application form 2016 will be available from 30.12.2015 till 29.01.2016 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016 is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector written examinations 2016 shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva voce test.
- The candidates having Bachelor Degree in commerce, Statistics / Economics / Mathematics only from recognised University are eligible for the post.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
- The candidates are advised to access to this Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in at regular interval to know about the status of their application & date of test.
OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Online Applications 2016 are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 07 numbers of contractual posts for Market Intelligence Inspector under Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department on consolidated remuneration of 5200/- + Grade Pay 2400/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application form 2016. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector examination fee 2016, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
l. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector How to Apply 2016 :
1. (a) Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. The applicants other than the category of SC, ST & PwD are required to deposit OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector examination fee 2016 of 100/- either through online or offline mode as detailed in the clause – 8 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application for the post. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen.
These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
1. (b) Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application form 2016. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up – loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016 can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re – check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned full signature and scanned photographs are clearly successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016 is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’.
After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
1. (c) The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate in main written examination the candidate has to submit the same in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission along with self attested photo copy of the following certificates at the time of viva voce test.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree examination.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period ).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class – VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan
- The in service contractual employees claiming age relaxation must submit a certificate from the employer indicating appointment order No. and date, date of appointment, period of service, post held, nature of post, no objection to appear the exam along with copy of appointment order.
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Adhar card, Voter I – card, Driving license, pass port etc.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate.
The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
1. (d) The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
1. (e) Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
1. (f) The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reasons it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
1. (g) The candidate may find out the status of his / her OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application 2016 from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Applications 2016 :
2. (a) The last date for online submission of OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Application 2016 in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 29.01.2016. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Vacancy Position 2016 :
A. Number of Posts to be Filled up and Reservations : As per requisition received from Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Category||Total||Out of which Female|
SC – Schedule Caste,
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
SEBC – Socially Educationally Backward Classes,
UR – Un – Reserved.
Vacancy for Special category : There is no vacancy for special category. As per G.A deptt. Resolution No.34450/Gen dt 3.12.2013, PwD candidate of following categories are suitable for the post of Market Intelligence Inspector.
OA – one arm affected.
OL – One leg affected ( mobility not restricted ).
HI – Partially deaf ( with suitable aid ).
Special category candidates may compete in their own category.
B. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Scale of Pay & Condition of Service 2016 :
The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 5200 – + G.P 2400/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group – C & D posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-32010/Gen dt. 12.11.2013. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service conditions & recruitment shall be regulated as per relevant rules.
5. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Eligibility 2016 :
5. (a) OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Age Limit 2016 : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01-01-2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC, all Women candidates & 10 years for PWD candidates & total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex – servicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule.
To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application 2016 are not eligible to apply as ex – serviceman for the post.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices of the Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
5. (b) Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
6. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Educational Qualification 2016 :
- The candidate must have obtained Bachelors Degree in Commerce, Statistics / Economics / Mathematics only from recognised University. Desirable qualification – Computer knowledge
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector General Eligibility of the Candidate 2016 :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have.
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non – language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Examination Fee 2016 :
All UR & SEBC candidates other than SC / ST / PWD have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or off – line mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
8. (1)* In case of e – payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e – Payment and choose the option “Examination fees”.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8. (2) For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e – Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
8. (3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041 -Examination Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application 2016.
8. (4)* The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector online application 2016.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector application form 2016 relating to examination fees deposited through off – line mode is liable for rejection of the application.
An enquiry on the deposit of OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector examination fee 2016 by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Applications 2016 without OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector examination fee 2016 shall be rejected.
SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from paying OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector examination fee 2016.
9. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Plan of Examination 2016 :
The plan of examination will be as follow.
A – OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Main Examination :
Paper I : English, Odia & Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Statistics, Probability etc. ( 25 + 25 + 50 ) marks = 100 marks, ( duration 1 & 1 / 2 hours ) OMR sheet.
The questions of Odia & English are to test the candidate’s English and Odia language proficiency, grammar and usage.
Paper II : General Studies : 100 marks of 1 & 1 / 2 hours – OMR sheet.
General Studies include of subjects like General Science, current events, History and Geography of India / Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution. Socio – economic Scenario of India / Odisha, Issues in Environment & Human rights.
B – OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Computer Skill Test 2016 : 30 marks – 45 minutes duration.
On the basis of performance in main written examination candidates numbering about 5 times of the vacancy from each category will be shortlisted for appearing the computer skill test. The computer practical test shall cover the following.
(a) Basic Knowledge & skills of computer, (b) Internet & E mail, (c) M.S office.
The computer skill test is of qualifying in nature. Qualifying mark is 10 marks.
C – OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Viva Voce Test 2016 :The candidates qualified in Computer Skill Test will appear the viva voce test. The marks for viva voce test is 25.
10. OSSC Market Intelligence Inspector Admission Letter 2016 : The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website, www.ossc.gov.in. The candidates have to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva – voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the viva – voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para – 1 (C), failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
11. Select List : The select list will be published taking into consideration the sum total of marks secured in written test and viva – voce test.
- Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at www.ossc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva – voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.
- Warning : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.