Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Library Assistant
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Library Assistant ( post code – 116/LBA ) on contractual basis under Director of Culture.
OSSC Library Assistant Important Date 2016 :
- OSSC Library Assistant Online application form 2016 will be available from 31.12.2015 till 30.01.2016 by 11.59 P.M.
- The closing time for receipt of Detailed OSSC Library Assistant Application Form 2016 ( OSSC copy with required documents as mentioned in para 1(c) ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 P.M of dt. 8.2.2016.
- The candidates having +2 with Diploma in Library Science from any recognised University with computer knowledge are eligible for the post of Library Assistant. Higher qualifications are also acceptable.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the OSSC Library Assistant application 2016 and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
OSSC Library Assistant Online Applications 2016 are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 5 numbers of posts for Library Assistant on consolidated remuneration of 5200/- + Grade Pay 1900/- under Director of Culture on consolidated remuneration. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the OSSC Library Assistant written examination 2016 would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
1. OSSC Library Assistant How to Apply 2016 :
1. (a) Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. The applicants other than the category of SC, ST are required to deposit OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016 of 100/- either through online or offline mode as detailed in the clause – 8 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016 for the post. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016 and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016.
The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the OSSC Library Assistant application 2016.
1. (b) Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the OSSC Library Assistant online application form 2016. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up – loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016 can be submitted by clicking on the submit button’. Before submitting the OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016 the applicant must re – check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application.
The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016 is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
1. (c) The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The hard copy of the OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016 i.e. the OSSC copy with enclosures ( mentioned below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the following address :
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Unit – V, Bhubaneswar – 751 054
Superscribing the envelope as “OSSC Library Assistant Application 2016 for this post of Library Assistant” by Regd. Post / Speed Post. The last date for submission of DAF is 8.2.2016.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent certificate & mark sheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Diploma in Library Science.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree in Lib. Science or requisite qualification.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Computer Knowledge.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period ).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class – VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan ( except SC / ST & PwD candidate ).
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Adhar card, Voter I – card, Driving license, pass port etc.
- The in service contractual employees claiming age relaxation must submit a certificate from the employer indicating appointment order No. and date, date of appointment, period of service, post held, nature of post, no objection to appear the exam along with copy of appointment order.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate.
The candidate has to submit the original certificates at the time of document verification.
1. (d) The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to download the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
1. (e) Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
1. (f) The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the OSSC Library Assistant application 2016 of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
1. (g) The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Library Assistant Applications 2016 :
The last date for online submission of OSSC Library Assistant Application 2016 in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 30.01.2016. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
The closing time for receipt of Detailed OSSC Library Assistant Application Form 2016 ( DAF ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 P.M of dt. 8.2.2016.
3. OSSC Library Assistant Vacancy Position 2016 :
(a) Number of Posts to be filled up and Reservations : As per requisition received from Director of Culture the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Category||Total||Out of which Female|
SC – Schedule Caste,
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
SEBC – Socially Educationally Backward Classes,
Vacancy for Special Category : There is no vacancy for special category. As per G.A deptt. Resolution No. 34450/Gen dt 3.12.2013, PwD candidate of following categories are suitable for the post of Library Assistant
OA – One arm affected,
OL – One leg affected ( mobility not restricted ),
BL – Both leg affected ( Mobility not be restricted ),
LV – Low vision,
HI – Partially deaf ( with suitable aid ),
Special category candidates may compete in their own category.
3(b) The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. OSSC Library Assistant Scale of Pay & Condition of Service 2016 :
The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 5200/- + G.P 1900/- in the scale of pay 5200 – 20200/- + Grade pay 1900/- The appointment shall be made as per Odisha Group – C & Group – D posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dt. 12.11.2013. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.
5. OSSC Library Assistant Eligibility 2016 :
5(a) OSSC Library Assistant Age Limit 2016 : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC & Women candidates, 10 years for PwD candidates and total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex – servicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1978 and not later than 1st January 1994 for Library Assistant. The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire / discharge from the Forces as on the date of the submission of OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016 are not eligible to apply as ex – serviceman for the post.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in – service contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group – C & D posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
5(b) Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
6. OSSC Library Assistant Educational Qualification 2016 :
The candidate must have +2 with Diploma in Library Science from any recognised University with computer knowledge. Higher qualifications are also acceptable.
The candidate must have passed Odia or equivalent to M.E standard.
7. OSSC Library Assistant General Eligibility of the Candidate 2016 :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have.
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non – language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Library Assistant Examination Fee 2016 :
All UR & SEBC candidates other than SC / ST / PWD have to pay an OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016 of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or off – line mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016 is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
8. (1)* In case of e – payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e – Payment and choose the option “Examination fees”.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8. (2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e – Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
8. (3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016.
8. (4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the OSSC Library Assistant online application 2016.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the OSSC Library Assistant application form 2016 relating to OSSC Library Assistant examination fees 2016 deposited through off – line mode is liable for rejection of the application. An enquiry on the deposit of OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016 by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Applications without OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016 shall be rejected.
• SC / ST / PWD candidates are exempted from paying OSSC Library Assistant examination fee 2016.
9. OSSC Library Assistant Plan of Examination 2016 :
a) OSSC Library Assistant Written Test 2016 :
1 – General Awareness – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours duration General Awareness includes subjects like History & Geography of India & Odisha, Indian Polity, General Science, Arithmetic, Current events, Socio Economic Scenario etc.
2 – Technical Paper – Library Science course – 100 marks – 1 & 1/2 hours duration ( both papers are in OMR sheet )
10. OSSC Library Assistant Admission Letter 2016 :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website, “www.ossc.gov.in”. The candidates have to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of OSSC Library Assistant examination 2016. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the OSSC Library Assistant examination 2016. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
11. OSSC Library Assistant Select List 2016 : Select list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the General Awareness paper and Technical paper ( Library Science ) category wise.
- Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission at ‘www.ossc.gov.in’ for detailed information about the programme of the examination etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to OSSC Library Assistant examination 2016.
- Warning : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC Library Assistant examination centre 2016. The candidates are advised not to bring any such items to the OSSC Library Assistant examination centre venue 2016. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.