Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Junior Typist
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Junior Typist in different Heads of Departments on contractual basis as per Contractual appointment Rules ( No.32010-GAD-SC-RULES-0009-2013/Gen ), 2013.
OSSC Junior Typist Important Dates 2016 :
- OSSC Jr. Typist Online application form 2016 will be available from 24.12.2015 till 23.01.2016 by 11.59 P.M.
- Last date of receipt of DAF 31.01.2016.
- In – Service contractual employees under State Government offices may also apply for the post.
OSSC Jr. Typist Online Recruitment Application 2016 by using website www.ossc.gov.in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 10 nos. of posts of Junior Typist ( Post Code-41/JTHO ) in the offices of different Heads of Departments, Odisha, Carrying consolidated remuneration of 5200/- Plus Grade Pay of 1900/-.
1. OSSC Junior Typist How to Apply 2016 :
1. (a) Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in by clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and Detailed instructions for submitting OSSC Jr. Typist application 2016 online are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Jr. Typist Application Form 2016. The OSSC Jr. Typist Application Form 2016 can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
1. (b) Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the Form without leaving any item blank. The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the OSSC Jr. Typist online application form 2016. The uploaded photograph and the full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in OSSC Jr. Typist Application Form 2016 can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’.
After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application form. This time the OSSC Jr. Typist Application Form 2016 is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted the applicant can edit the application form within 48 hours by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’.
1. (c) The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy with due ink signed signature at the appropriate place along with copy of the Treasury challan / E – challan ( except for SC / ST candidates ) and enclosures ( refer to para SI. No.6 below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the following address :
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No.1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Superscribing the envelope as “Application for the post of Junior Typist, by Regd. Post / Speed post.
l. (d) Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode and applications in which uploaded photograph and full signature will not be identifiable / visible are liable to be summarily rejected.
1. (e) The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Junior Typist Applications 2016 :
2. (a) The last date for submission of OSSC Jr. Typist Application 2016 online in response to this advertisement is 23.01.2016. The system will be disabled from 11.59 PM of the said date after which the OSSC Jr. Typist application form 2016 for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
2. (b) The closing time for receipt of Detailed OSSC Jr. Typist Application Form 2016 ( DAF ) ( refer to para I.e. above ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of 31.01.2016. Neither any DAF nor the requisite documents will be entertained in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office after 31.01.2016.
3. Number of Posts to be Filled up and Reservations :
3. (a) The category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts to be filled up is as follows :
|SI. No.||Name of the Office||UR ( Out of which women )||SEBC ( Out of which women )||SC ( Out of which women )||ST ( Out of which women )||Total ( Out of which women )|
|Total||4||-||2||4 ( w - l )||10 ( w - l )|
|01||Chief Engineer, Minor Irrigation||1||-||-||1 ( w - 1 )||2 ( w - 1 )|
|02||Board Of Revenue, Odisha, Cuttack||-||-||1||1||2|
|03||Chief Engineer, National Highways, Odisha||-||-||1||1||2|
|04||Director of Legal Metrology||1||-||-||-||1|
|05||Director of Technical Education and Training||1||-||-||1||2|
|06||Register of Co - operative societies||1||-||-||-||1|
SC – Scheduled Caste,
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
UR – Un – reserved
No post is reserved for PwD / Ex – Servicemen / Sports person.
3. (b) The conditions of service and tenure shall also be decided by the appointing authority as per Odisha Group – C and Group – D Posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013.
3. (c) The number of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment process can be changed at any time without any prior notice, at the discretion of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
4. OSSC Junior Typist Eligibility 2016 :
4. (a) OSSC Junior Typist Age Limit 2016 : The candidate must have completed 21 years of age, and must not have crossed the age of 32 years, as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to SC / ST Categories and for all Women candidates. However, a candidate can avail only one type of age relaxation as per Rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in – service contractual employees engaged by the Government or through manpower service provider in State Government Offices and or the State Government of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as mentioned below as per provision under rule “The Odisha Group – C and Group – D posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013”. They must be less than 45 years of age as on 01.01.2015.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent School leaving Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission with regard to proof of age of the applicant.
4. (b) OSSC Junior Typist Minimum Educational Qualification 2016 : The candidate in order to be eligible for appearing in the selection examination for the post must have passed :
- High school certificate Examination or equivalent School leaving Examination of a recognised Board / Council and
- Passed Typing Test in both English & Odia from a recognised Institution and possess a minimum speed of forty words per minute in type writing in English and 20 words per minute in Type writing in Odia.
4. (c) OSSC Junior Typist General Criteria of Eligibility 2016 :
A candidate applying for the above post should be
- a citizen of India,
- of good character,
- of sound health, good physique and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity ( Not applicable to physically handicapped candidates ),
- must not have more than one spouse living,
- (i) Must have passed M.E. School Examination with odia as language subject, or(ii) Have passed HSC Examination or equivalent examination with Odia as Medium of examination in non – language subject, or
(iii) Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of Class – VII and above, or
(iv) Passed a test in Odia in M.E. School standard conducted by Education Department.
5. OSSC Junior Typist Examination Fee 2016 :
All UR candidates have to pay OSSC Jr. Typist examination fee 2016 of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
5. (1)* In case of e – payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e – Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e – Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the OSSC Jr. Typist online application 2016.
5. (2) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC- Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examination Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the OSSC Jr. Typist online application 2016.
* SC / ST candidates are exempted from paying OSSC Jr. Typist examination fee 2016.
6. OSSC Junior Typist Place and Date of Written Examination 2016 :
The date / time / venue of Language test and Skill tests ( i.e. Transcription on Computer ) will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course. The admission letters can be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website from a date to be notified later. No admission letter shall be sent by post. The list of applicants whose OSSC Jr. Typist applications 2016 are rejected shall be displayed in the said website simultaneously from that date.
7. OSSC Junior Typist Plan of Examination 2016 :
There shall be a language test both in English and Odia followed by Transcription on Computer in both English and Odia as per details below.
I. OSSC Junior Typist Language Test 2016 :
|A||English||Only working knowledge in English language shall be tested in OMR format.||50 marks||Duration of Examination 45 minutes|
|B||Odia||Only working knowledge in Odia Language shall be tested in OMR format.||50 marks||Duration of Examination 45 minutes|
II. OSSC Junior Typist Transcription on Computer 2016 :
|Transcription in English on Computer||A passage / Paragraph 600 words||200 marks||Duration 10 of minutes|
|Note : Those who type less than 400 correct words in the test will get Zero ( 0 ) mark. Those who will type exactly 400 correct words will get 1 ( one ) mark. For every correct word above 400 correct words the candidate will get 1 ( one ) mark for each correct word. The maximum mark is 200. Candidates typing less than 400 words will be disqualified.|
|Transcription in Computer on Odia||A passage / Paragraph 600 words||200 marks||Duration 20 of minutes|
|Note : Those who type less than 400 correct words in the test will get Zero ( 0 ) mark. Those who will type exactly 400 correct words will get 1 ( one ) mark. For every correct word above 400 correct words the candidate will get 1 ( one ) mark for each correct word. The maximum mark is 200.|
There shall not be any viva – voce test.
8. OSSC Junior Typist Admission Letter 2016 :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter for the convenience of the admitted candidates on its Website www.ossc.gov.in. The candidate has to go to the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the OSSC Jr. Typist application 2016 has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out thereof. The admitted candidates will have to produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
If any candidate finds it difficult to download his / her admission letter, he / she may report before the designated official of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission for issue of duplicate admission letter on either of the two consecutive days namely the third day and the 2nd day before the schedule date of examination.
9. OSSC Junior Typist Select List 2016 :
The select list shall be published based on the basis of the total marks secured in the Skill test i.e. transcription on Computer both in English and Odia and Language Tests in English and Odia.
The in – service contractual employees shall be allowed one percent extra marks on the total marks of the examination for each completed year of continuous service subject to a maximum of fifteen percent which shall be added to the mark secured by them for deciding the merit position.
10. OSSC Junior Typist Results 2016 : The results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
Warning : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions might entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.
Non indication of the correct & valid Treasury Challan No., date, and name of the Treasury in the application form in case of examination fees deposited through off – line mode will be liable for rejection of the application.