Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Inspector of Legal Metrology – OSSC Inspector of Legal Metrology Job Eligibility
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1 Unit-V,
Bhubanswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Inspector of Legal Metrology on contractual basis ( post code-72/ILM ) under the Food Supply and Consumer Welfare Department Department.
Important Dates for Odisha SSC Inspector of Legal Metrology 2015 :
- Online application form will be available from 27.04.2015 till 26.05.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisa Staff Selection Commission. Only candidates who qualify in the OSSC written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- Only candidates having B.Sc / +3 with Physics one of the subjects / Degree in Engineering from a recognised University / Diploma in Engineering with three years Professional Experience are eligible to apply for the post.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Online Applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 21 numbers of Inspector of Legal Metrology on contractual basis under Food Supply and Consumer Welfare Department on consolidated remuneration of 5,200 /- + Grade Pay 2,800/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per OSSC advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the OSSC written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form.
l. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Inspector of Legal Metrology Recruitment Exam 2015 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the OSSC Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the homepage of the website. The posts advertised for OSSC online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the Application Form. The Application Form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the OSSC application.
- The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2 Examination, Degree, Master Degree, Degree in Engineering, Diploma Engineering examination & experience column which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in Application Form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’.
Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application Form. This time the Application Form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test the candidate has to submit the same in the Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the following certificates.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet or ITI certificate & marksheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of B.Sc / +3 with Physics one of the subject / Certificate & mark sheet of Degree in Engineering / Certificate & mark sheet of Diploma in Engineering with 3 years Professional experience.
- Caste certificate.
- Self attested copy of Identity card issued by competent authority in case of Persons With Disability.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class-VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan.
- Certificate of basic computer Application Skill.
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Adhar card, Voter ID card, Driving licence, pass port etc.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate.
The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the Application Form. The applicant has to keep it carefull y for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- OSSC Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha SSC Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the Application Form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of Odisha SSC Job Applications 2015 :
2(a) The last date for online submission of Application in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 26.05.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. Odisha SSC Vacancy Position.
- Number of posts to be filled up and reservations : As per requisition received from Food Supply & Consumer Welfare Department the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by OSSC Inspector of Legal Metrology recruitment is as follows :
Category Male Female Total Total 14 7 21 SC 1 1 2 ST 3 2 5 SEBC 1 - 1 UR 9 4 13
ST – Scheduled Tribe,
SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class, UR- Un-Reserved.
Out of the above vacancies one post is reserved for Person with Disability. PWD candidates eligible for the post are OA, HI ( with suitable aid ) ( Deafness fitted with hearing aid ) & LV.
OA – One arm affected
HI – Hearing Impaired
LV – Low vision
- The number & other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha SSC Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service for OSSC Inspector of Legal Metrology 2015 : The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 5200/- + G.P 2800/- applicable to the OSSC Inspector of Legal Metrology post as per Odisha Group-C posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dt. 12.11.2013. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.