The Main Written Examination for the post of Assistant Labour Officer will be held on 30.08.2015 ( Sunday ) instead of 23.08.2015 ( Sunday ) at Bhubaneswar as per following programme.
|Date of Examination||Sitting||Time||Subject|
|30.08.2015 ( Sunday )||1st sitting||10 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.||Paper I : Language & General Studies.|
|2nd sitting||12.30 A.M. to 02:00 A.M.||Paper II : Labour Laws & Industrial Relations.|
The admission letter of eligible candidates will be uploaded in Commission’s website on 14.08.2015. Candidates are advised to download their admission letter form Commission’s website by using ID and password w.e.f. 14.08.2015. No admit card will be sent through post.
Odisha SSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Assistant Labour Officer
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No 1. Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Assistant Labour Officer on contractual basis ( post code-15/ALO ) under Labour Commissioner, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
Important Dates for OSSC Recruitment Exam for Assistant Labour Officer Jobs 2015 :
- Odisha SSC Online application form will be available from 03.06.2015 till 02.07.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- The candidates having Bachelor of Arts or Science or Commerce and have Degree or Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personal Management or Personal Management & Industrial Relations or Labour Welfare / Labour Law or M.B.A ( with specialisation in H.R.D ) or Human Resource Management need only apply. Degree Engineers ( possessing MBA ) qualification are not eligible for the post.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
Online Applications for OSSC are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 13 numbers of Assistant Labour Officer on contractual basis under Labour Commissioner, Odisha on consolidated remuneration of 9300 /- + Grade Pay 4200/-. It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per OSSC advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his Odisha SSC application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
l. How to Apply for Odisha SSC Assistant Labour Officer Jobs 2015 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The uploaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’.
Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test the candidate has to submit the same in the Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the following certificates.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degee or Diploma in Industrial Relations & Personal Management or Personal Management & Industrial Relations or Labour Welfare or Labour Law or MBA ( with specialisation in HRD ) or HRM.
- Caste certificate ( within validity period ).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class-VII issued by concerned Board / Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Chalan
- Copy of identity card issued by any Govt. Authority such as Adhar card, Voter I-card, Driving licence, pass port etc.
- Any other certificate / achievement / higher qualification of the candidate. The candidate has to submit the original certificate at the same time for verification.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to download the call letter from the Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Job Applications 2015 : The last date for online submission of Application for OSSC in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 02.07.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Vacancy Position.
- Number of posts to be filled up and reservations : As per requisition received from Auditor General of Cooperative Audit, the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts and posts reserved for women out of the total posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
Category Total Out of which Female SC 02 02 ST 04 02 UR 07 04 Total 13 08
- The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service : The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P 4200/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group-B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service condition shall be regulated as per relevant recruitment rules.
5. Eligibility for OSSC Assistant Labour Officer Jobs 2015 :
- Age : The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST & Women candidates. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been bom earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994. However the upper age limit is relaxable for inservice contractual employees engaged by the Govt, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-B posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
6. Educational Qualification for OSSC Assistant Labour Officer Recruitment 2015
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor of Arts or Science or Commerce from a recognised University and have a Degree or Diploma from a recognised University in Industrial Relations and Personal Management / Personal Management and Industrial Relations or Labour Welfare / Labour Law or M.B.A ( with specialisation in H.R.D ) or Human Resource Management. Degree Engineers ( possessing MBA ) qualifications are not eligible for the post.
- The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard.
7. General Eligibility of the Candidate for OSSC Job Vacancies 2015
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility ) shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. OSSC Assistant Labour Officer Recruitment Examination Fee 2015 :
All UR candidates other than SC / ST have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
8.(1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal. She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit’ The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8.(2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
8.(3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104- UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application for OSSC Recruitment.
8.(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051- PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the OSSC Job online application.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through offline mode is liable for rejection of the Odisha SSC application. An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
• SC / ST candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9- Plan of Odisha Examination 2015
- Written examination – 200 marks
- Viva voce mark – 20 marks
The Odisha SSC written examination will comprise of two papers having all objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
Paper-I : ( 100 marks with 1 & 1/2 hours duration )
“Language & General Studies”, having three sections, namely English Language ( 25 questions ), Odia Language ( 25 questions ), and General Studies ( 50 questions ). All questions will be of objective type. The questions are to test the candidate’s English and Odia language proficiency, grammar and usage. General Studies include of subjects like General Science, current events, History and Geography of India / Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution. Socio-economic Scenario of India / Odisha, Issues in Environment & Human rights, Arithmatic of HSC standard, qualitative aptitude and numerical skill, problems in logic and reasoning.
Paper-II ( 100 marks with 1 & 1/2 hours duration )
“Labour Laws and Industrial Relations” will comprise of 100 questions and will be of objective types. The questions would cover the fields of Industrial Relations, Personnel Management, Labour Laws, Labour Welfare, Business Administration and Human Resource Management, Employees State Insurance.
Broadly the questions would cover the following Acts.
- Wages Act, 1948
- Child Labour Act( P&R ), 1986
- Beedi & Cigar Workers ( Conditions of Employment ) Act, 1966
- Payment of Wages Act, 1636,
- Inter State Migrant Workmen ( RE & CS ) Act, 1979
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Building & Other Construction Workers( RE & CS ) ACT, 1996
- Contract Labour( Regulation & abolition ) ACT, 1970
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Shops & Commercial Establishment Act, 1956
- Orissa Industrial Establishment ( National & Festival ) Holiday Act, 1969
- Motor Transport Workers Act, 1961,
- Maternity Benefit Act, 1961
- Working & Other Newspaper Employees ( Conditions of Service and Miscellaneous Provisions ) Act, 1955
- Industrial Dispute Act, 1947
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare & Cess Act
- Unorganised workers Social Security Act-2008
10. Viva voce Test : There shall be a viva-voce test carrying 20 marks. Basing on the performance in the written examination, candidates numbering up to 3 times the number of vacancies in the respective categories will be called for viva-voce test.
11. OSSC Admission Letter : The Odisha SSC Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website, “www.odishassc.in“. The candidates have to visit the website of the Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded.
This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the OSSC examination. The OSSC admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the OSSC examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of OSSC Commission. No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the via-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para-1(C), failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
12. OSSC Recruitment Exam Result 2015 : The results will be published in due course in the OSSC Commission’s website taking into consideration the sum total of marks secured in written test and viva-voce test.
Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Staff Selection Commission at ‘www.odishassc.in‘ for detailed information about the programme of the examination / viva-voce test etc., notice regarding rejection of the OSSC application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of Odisha SSC recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to OSSC examination.
Important : Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.