Odisha SSC Recruitment 2013 for Estate Supervisor
Selection of candidates for recruitment to the post of Estate Supervisor ( post code – ES – 81 ) under the General Administration ( Rent ) Department, Odisha.
Online Recruitment Applications by using website www.odishassc.in are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 03 Nos. of posts of Estate Supervisor under General Administration ( Rent ) Department, Odisha, carrying the Pay Band – 2 i.e. 9,300 – 34,800/- with Grade Pay 4200/-.
l. How to Apply for OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 :
a. Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.odishassc.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting any application online are displayed on the computer screen. These Instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the OSSC Estate Supervisor Application Form 2013. The Application Form for OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted.
b. Blank application form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen, and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form without leaving any item blank. The candidate has to upload his recent passport size photograph and signature. The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application.
The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, which is the index number of the application.
c. The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The hard copy of the application form i.e. the OSSC copy with due ink signed signature at the appropriate place along with copy of the Treasury challan ( except for SC / ST / PwD candidates ) and enclosures ( refer to para SI. No.8 below ) together called Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) should be promptly sent to the Secretary, Odisha Staff Selection Commission, Barrack No.l, Unit – V, Bhubaneswar – 751 054 superscribing the envelope as “Application for the post of Estate Supervisor” by Regd. Post/Speed Post.
d. Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
e. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Estate Supervisor Applications 2013 :
- The last date for online submission of application in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of dt.05.11.2013. The system will be disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
- The closing time for receipt of OSSC copy application form ( DAF ) ( refer to para SI. No. 1 .(c) above ) in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s office is 5 PM of dt. 12.11.2013. No application will be entertained in the Orissa Staff Selection Commission’s office after dt. 12.11.2013.
3. OSSC Estate Supervisor Vacancy Position 2013 :
Number of posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per requisition filed by G.A. ( Rent ) Department the category – wise break – up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this recruitment is as follows :
|Category||No. of vacancy|
Note : ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class, UR – Unreserved.
No vacancy is reserved for SC / PwD / Ex-Servicemen / Sports persons.
4. Age Limit for OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 :
a. The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2013. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to ST / SEBC candidates. However, a candidate can avail of only one type of age relaxation as per rule. There is no relaxation of upper age limit pertaining to vacancies which arose in the previous years. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981 and not later than 1st January 1992.
b. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
5. Qualification for OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 :
The candidates must possess Degree in Arts / Science or Commerce from a recognised University with P.G. Diploma in Computer Application from a recognised Institution.
6. General Eligibility Criteria :
A candidate in order to be eligible for the post / appearing at the competitive examination must be (i) citizen of India, (ii) be of good character, (iii) be of sound health, good physique and active habits (iv) be free from organic defects and bodily infirmity and (v) must not have more than one spouse living.
7. OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 Examination Fee :
All SEBC & UR candidates have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
- She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
- The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
- She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
- For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
- For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
- On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
- The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC- 104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041 -Examiantion Fees”.
- The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account- 0051 -PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application. ST candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
8. Certificates / documents to be submitted along with the detailed application form ( DAF ) by the candidates.
- Candidates of UR, SEBC shall enclose original e-challan receipt / original Treasury Challan ( deposit’s copy )
- Candidates of ST category shall enclose self attested photocopy of caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Candidates of SEBC category should enclose self attested photocopy of valid SEBC certificate recently issued not before six months from the last date Advertisement by the competent authority.
- Self attested photocopy of HSC or equivalent certificate & mark sheet in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council.
- Self attested photocopy of +2 Arts / Science / Commerce certificate & mark sheet.
- Self attested photo copy of Degree certificate and mark sheets.
- Self attested photo copy of P.G. Diploma certificate in Computer Application from a recognised Institution.
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard / Class – VII issued by competent authority.
9. Procedure for OSSC Estate Supervisor Selection 2013 :
There will be main written examination comprising two papers, Paper – I [ English and Odia Language Proficiency ], Paper – II [ General Studies and Mathematics ], a practical skill test on computer proficiency, and viva-voce test as per following description.
Paper – I
A. English and Odia Language Proficiency :
100 objective type questions one & hours duration;
50 questions from English and
50 questions from Odia language.
Total 100 marks ( To be answered in OMR sheet ).
Paper – II
B. General Studies and Mathematics :
100 objective type questions one & half hours duration,
100 marks ( To be answered in OMR Sheet ).
C. Computer Skill Test ( Practical test ) – 25 marks.
There will be a computer skill test for 25 marks for the candidates those who will qualify in the main written examination on the basis of their performance obtaining minimum marks to be prescribed by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The number of candidates to be called for the skill test will be 10 times of the total vacant posts advertised by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
D. Viva-voce Test : 25 marks.
There will be a viva – voce test for 25 marks. Number of candidates to be called for the viva – voce test will be 3 times the number of vacancies. The candidates will be short listed for viva – voce test on the basis of their marks secured in the main written examination and computer skill test taken together.
10. Syllabus for the OSSC Estate Supervisor Examination 2013 :
OSSC Estate Supervisor 2013 Main Examination :
- General English & Odia Language : verb, preposition, adverb, subject verb agreement, Error correction / Recognition, tenses, sentence rearrangement, fill in the blanks with articles etc., comprehension, answering questions based on unseen passages, vocabulary, synonyms and Antonyms usage, vocabulary & grammar, proficiency in the language.
- General Studies and Mathematics : Current affairs ( National & International ), Socio-economic and cultural issues, Major financial / economic news, budget & five year plans, who’s who, sports, books and authors, awards and honours, abbreviations, important days international & National organizations, General Science, Indian Geography, History & Polity, Civics and Culture, questions on reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude, environment studies, human rights and basic computer knowledge, Arithmetic, Algebra, mensuration ( 2D & 3D ), Statistics & Probability.
- Computer Skill Test : ( Practical Test )
1. Computer Fundamentals
2. Windows ( MS – Windows )
3. MS – OFFICE
- Word Processing ( MS Word )
- Spread Sheet ( MS Excel )
- Presentation knowledge ( MS Power Point )
- MS Access.
4. Usage of internet services available on Internet.
5. Communication Technology, Networking Concepts. Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer sheet.
11. Select List The select list shall be prepared taking into the sum total of marks secured by the candidates in the written examination, computer skill test and viva – voce test taken together category wise in order of merit.
12. Results : The results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
Note : Blue / Black ball point pen only should be used for answering ( ovalling ) in OMR sheet, whiteners / erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet.
Mobile phone or any other communication device is not allowed into the premises of the OSSC examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such banned items to the examination centre venue, as arrangements for safe keeping can not be assured. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the particular examination.