OSSC Recruitment 2017 for Electrician
Odisha Staff Selction Commission
Barrack No.1. Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751054
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Recruitment for the post of Electrician Grade-II on contractual basis under Engineer-in-Chief (Electricity-Cum-PCEI), Odisha. Bhubaneswar.
1. Odisha SSC Electrician Vacancy Position :
(a) Number of posts to be filled up and reservations :
As per requisition received from the Engineer-in-Chief (Electricity-Cum-PCEI) the category-wise break-up for Male, Female & Trans-gender of the total no.of posts to be filled up by this recruitment are as follows :
|SI.No.||Name of the Post||Vacancy Details|
|1 ||Electrician Grade-II||8(W-3) ||12(W-4)||5(W-2)||24(W-9)||49(W-18)|
One(1) post reserved for PwD (Hearing impairment-HI), one(1) post reserved for Ex-Servicemen & one (1) post reserved for Sports Person, out of the total vacancies advertised. PwD candidates of following functional disability are eligible to apply for the post. HI,OL,BL(MNR), OL & BL(MNR) category candidates can avail age relaxation only.
SEBC-Socially & Educationally Backward Class,
OL-One Leg affected
BL(MNR)-Both leg affected but Mobility not restricted
While submitting the application online, candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and Spl. Category (Ex-serviceman/PWD) once submitted in the online application is final. Any subsequent claim for change in category or Spl category shall not be entertained by Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
(b) The number & other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission, Requisitioning Authorities or the Government.
2. OSSC Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying consolidated pay of 5,200/-+ Grade Pay 2,000/- in the scale of pay 5,200/- to 20,200/- + G.P. 2,000/-
- Appointment shall be guided by the Odisha Group-C posts (Contractual Appointment).
3. Eligibility for Odisha SSC Electrician Recruitment 2017 :
(a) OSSC Electrician Age Limit :
- The minimum age for the post is 18 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01-01-2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PwD category and the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen Personnel. However, a candidate can only avail any one type of age relaxation as per rule. PWD candidates in the ST&SC category shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of ten years over & above the normal relaxation specified for the category. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January 1984.The persons in defence forces having more than six months to retire/ to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply for the post. However such candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category. Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition of Ex-Servicemen. Once an Ex-Serviceman has joined the Govt. Service in civil side after availing of the benefit as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government Jobs shall cease to exist. He can avail age relaxation only.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/ by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
(b) Odisha SSC Educational Qualification 2017 :
- The candidate applying for the post must have passed H.S.C. Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent thereto from a recognised Board and I.T.I, in Electrician Trade certificate from a recognised institution.
4. OSSC General Eligibility Criteria :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
- Be of good character & conduct.
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living :
5.How to apply for OSSC Electrician Recruitment 2017 :
The applicants have to go through the detail advertisement before filling up the online application.
(a) Aspirants have to apply online using the website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. The applicants other than the category of S.C., S.T. & PWD candidates are required to deposit I examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”
Last date for receipt of applications : The last date for online submission of Application 11.59 P.M. of 03rd February, 2017. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end. Last date for submission of DAF through Speed Post/Regd. Post alongwith required documents as detailed at 1(c) to the Commission’s office is 5.00 P.M. of 18th February, 2017.
6. Odisha SSC Examination Fee 2017 :
The candidates other than SC, ST & PwD category shall have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the examination fee.
*In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasurv.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She/He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option ‘Other Deposit’
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant
* She/He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
(2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank : Provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. (The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No.and date in the online application.
* SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
7. Odisha SSC Important Details 2017 :
- Odisha SSC Online application form will be available from 04th January, 2017 till 03rd February, 2017 by 11.59 P.M.
- Applications will be received online only through OSSC website www.ossc.gov.in
- Detailed Application Form (DAF) i.e. OSSC copy along with all requisite self attested documents through speed post/Regd. post by 5.00 P.M. of 18th February, 2017 to :
OSSC, Barrack No-1, Unit-V,
Bhubaneswar – 751054.
- The minimum educational qualification for the post is H.S.C. with ITI in Electrician Trade.
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying consolidated pay of 5200/- + Grade Pay 2,000/- in the scale of pay 5,200/- to 20,200/- + G.P. 2000/-
- Appointment shall be guided by the Odisha Group-C posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide the Government in G.A Department Notification No.32010-GAD-SC-RULES-0009-2013/Gen dated 12.11.2013.
- The candidates applying for the post must go through the detail advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the written examination & other Tests shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the on-line application form.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her on line application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled forthwith and he may be debarred from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- No Call letter/Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to access to Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in regularly to know about the status of their application and date of tests.
Odisha SSC Online applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of forty nine (49) Posts of Electrician Grade-II under the Engineer-in-Chief (Electricity-Cum-PCEI), Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
(i) Plan of OSSC Examination 2017 :
The plan of examination will be as follows :
A-Written Examination-100 marks (Objective Type) to be answered in OMR sheet (Duration 1½Year)
Note : There will be negative marking @ 0.25 for each wrong answer. There shall be no Viva-voce Test.
9. Syllabus for Odisha SSC Written Examination 2017 :
Candidates having ITI qualification in Electrician Trade shall appear the objective type written examination (in OMR sheet) to be conducted by setting up questions from the Electrician Trade.
10* Place and date of OSSC written examination 2017 :
The date/time/venue of the Written Examination will be conveyed to the eligible candidates in the admission letters, in due course which will be downloaded by the eligible candidates by accessing the Commission’s website from a date to be notified later.
11. Odisha SSC Admission Letter 2017 :
Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter in different stages of the examination on its Website “www.ossc.gov.in“. The candidate has to log on to the website of the Commission by clicking on the button ‘candidates login‘ and then provide ‘user Id‘ and ‘password‘ to “Download Admit Card” from the website.
The admitted candidates will have to produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examinations/tests. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time, subject and venue of the examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission. No Admission Letter/call letter at any stage will be despatched to any candidate by post.
12. Odisha SSC Select List 2017 :
The final select list for the post will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the written examination. The candidates will be selected category wise in order of merit as per vacancy position.
13. Results for OSSC Electrician Job 2017 :
The results of the selected candidates will be published as per the vacancy advertised in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website. Decision of the Commission regarding allotment of candidates to the offices is final.
Note : Blue/Black ball point pen only should be used for darkening the correct Roll Number, Set code and answering (ovalling) in OMR sheet, whiteners/erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet. Use of whitener/eraser in OMR Answer Sheet/darkening of wrong circle/more than one option/wrong Roll Number and Set code by the candidate or any deviation of above instruction shall render the OMR sheet unfit for evaluation.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission at ‘www.ossc.gov.in‘ at regular interval for detailed information about the program of the examination/test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information about the examination.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.