OSSC Recruitment 2016 for Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Online applications are invited from intending candidates for selection of 33 (Thirty three) Posts of Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper under Director of Teacher Education & SCERT, Odisha, Bhubaneswar.
1. Odisha SSC Vacancy Position :
(a) Number of posts to be filled up and reservations : As per requisition received from the Director Teacher Education & SCERT, Odisha, Bhubaneswar, the category-wise break-up for Male, Female & Trans-gender of the total no.of posts to be filled up by this recruitment are as follows :
|SI. No.||Name of the Post||Vacancy Details
|SC||ST||SEBC||UR||Total||Reservation for Special Categories|
|1.||Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper||5(W-2)||7(W-2)||4(W-2)||17(W-6)||33||02||01||-|
The PWD candidates in the category of HI (with suitable aid) & VI (LV) (with suitable aid) are admissible for the post.
- SC-Schedule Caste
- ST-Scheduled Tribe
- SEBC-Socially & Educationally Backward Class
- HI-Partially deaf
- LV-Low vision
While submitting the application online, candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and Spl. Category (Ex-serviceman/PWD) once submitted in the online application is final. Any subsequent claim for change in category or Spl category shall not be entertained by the Commission.
1.(b) The number & other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Commission j and the Requisitioning Authorities/the Government.
2. Odisha SSC Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
(a) For the post of Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper : The appointment shall be made initially on contractual basis in a consolidated salary of 5200- + G.P. 1900/- in the scale of pay 5200- 20200/- + Grade Pay 1900/- applicable to the post as per Odisha Group-C posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dated 12.11.2013. The salary/scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.
3. Eligibility for Odisha SSC Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper Recruitment 2016 :
3.(a) OSSC Age Limit :
- The minimum age for the post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 01-01-2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to\SEBC, SC, ST & Women candidates, 10 years for candidates belonging to PwD category and the total period of service rendered in defence service in case of Ex-Servicemen Personnel. PWD candidates in the ST & SC category suffering from (a) blindness or Low vision (b) hearing impairment (c) locomotor disability or cerebral plasy, shall be entitled to cumulative age relaxation of ten years over & above the normal relaxation specified for the category. However, a candidate can only avail any one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January 1995.The persons in defence forces having more than six months to retire/to be discharged from the forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply for the post. However such\candidates have to submit the discharge certificate on the date of certificate verification for considering their claims under Ex-Serviceman category. Border Security Force, Indian Coast Guard, CRPF and other Para Military Forces are not within the definition of Ex-Servicemen. Once an Ex-Serviceman has joined the Government Service in civil side after availing of the benefit as an Ex-Serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government Jobs shall be ceases to exist.
- However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government, or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Government, offices or the State Government, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-C, D posts (Contractual appointment) Rules,2013.”. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2016. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation and submit their required documents as mentioned in Para 1(c) above in case of selection in written examination.
- Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council/by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Commission.
3.(b) OSSC Educational Qualification :
- The candidate applying for the post must be a Graduate in any discipline from any recognised university or Institution having secured minimum 50% marks out of the total marks at Graduation level.
- Must have minimum one year experience in computer operation from any recognised institution.
- Must have passed HSC or equivalent examination or have acquired any other Higher Education Degree with Odia as a subject or have Odia as a medium of examination in non-language subjects at HSC or equivalent examination.
4. Odisha SSC General Eligibility Criteria :
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Be able to speak, read & write Odia.
- Be of good character & conduct.
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living :
5. Odisha SSC Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper Examination Fee :
The candidates other than SC, ST & PwD category shall have to pay examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the examination fee.
5.(1)*In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
*She/He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option ‘Other Deposit’
*The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant
*She/He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
5.(2)*For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
5.(3)*For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. (The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal).
*On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
*The challan will be deposited under the Head of Account-”0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
*The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
5.(4) The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examiantion Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examination-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
*SC, ST & PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
6. Last date for receipt of Odisha SSC applications :
The last date for online submission of Application in response to this advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of Dt.20th November, 2016. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end. The candidates belonging to special category such as PWD & Ex-Serviceman & In-service Contractual employees claiming age relaxation and etc should submit the required documents as in clausel(c) by Dt.28th November, 2016 failing which the claim for Special category will not be entertained.
Odisha SSC Important Details :
- Odisha Staff Selection Commission Online application form will be available from Dt.21st October, 2016 till Dt.20th November, 2016 by 11.59 P.M.
- No Detailed Application Form (DAF) is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Only the candidates claiming reservation under special category such as PWD, Ex-Servicemen category candidates as well as inService Contractual Employees claiming age relaxation and etc. shall have to submit DAF. (Detail Application Form) enclosing all required documents as detailed at Clause-1(c) so as to verify the same for considering their claims for Special category/In-Service Contractual employee by 28th November, 2016 failing which their claims will not be entertained.
- The minimum educational qualification for the post is Graduation in any discipline from any recognised University with minimum 50% marks along with minimum 1 year experience in computer operation.
- The contractual employees of Category I & II as per G.A. Department Notification No.32010/Gen dated 12.11.2013 who are less than 45 years age as on 01.01.2016 and have completed at least 1 year of continuous service as on date of the advertisement are eligible to apply for the post.
- The appointment will be initially on contractual basis carrying a consolidated pay of 5200/- + Grade Pay 1900/- in the scale of pay 5200/- to 20200/-+ G.P. Grade Pay 1900/-.
- The candidates applying for the post must go through the detail advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all eligibility criteria prescribed for the post as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for the written examination & other Tests shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him/her in the on-line application form.
- If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her on line application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his/her candidature for the examination will be cancelled forthwith and he may be debarred from appearing any further recruitment examination conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
- Appointment to the post shall be guided by the Odisha Group-C & Group-D Posts (contractual appointment) Rules Notified vide G.A. Department Notification No.32010/Gen. dtd.12.11.2013.
- No Call letter/Admission letter for the recruitment at any stage shall be sent to candidates by post. The candidates are therefore advised to access to Commission’s website www.ossc.gov.in at regular interval to know about the status of their application and date of tests.
7.(i) Plan of OSSC Examination :
Plan of Odisha SSC Examination for the post of computer operator-cum-store keeper :
|Sl.No||Name of the Paper||Time Duration||Full Marks|
|1||General Awareness||1hr 30 mins||100|
|2||Skill Test (Basic Computer Test)||1hr||50|
Candidates 5 times of the vacancy in order of merit category wise of the marks secured in General Awareness paper will be shortlisted for appearing the Basic Computer Test. The candidates twice the vacancy in order of merit (category wise) of the marks secured both in General Awareness and Basic Computer Skill Test taken together will be shortlisted for certificate verification.
8. Odisha SSC Syllabus for Written Examination & Skill Test :
(a) General Awareness
The nature and standard of questions of this paper will be such that a well-educated person should be able to answer them without having specialized study of the concerned subjects. The questions shall test general awareness of the candidates of a variety of subjects covering various fields of knowledge as expected from any graduate. The question shall be in English and the candidates shall be required to answer in English. The questions in this paper will be of objective type with multiple choices of answers to be answered in OMR sheet.
9. The paper on General Awareness will include questions covering the following fields off knowledge.
- General Science and recent scientific/technological developments; Questions will test the candidate’s awareness in the field of science and technology, including matters of everyday observations and experience.
- Current events of National and international importance; Questions shall be to test the knowledge of significant National and International events and of the topics of social relevance in the present day India.
- History of India from ancient times and Indian National Movement : Emphasis will be on testing general understanding of social economic and political aspects of the Indian History. Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of Nationalism, attainment of Independence and role of leading personalities in the freedom movement.
- India and World Geography : Emphasis will more be on geography of India. The questions will relate to physical and economic geography of the country. It shall cover the main features of Indian agriculture and National resources.
- Indian polity and economy; Questions on Indian polity and economy shall be on political system. Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj Administration, Principal features and characteristics of Indian economy, planning and economic development of India.
- Misc. Matter : The question shall cover any field of knowledge which do not require special studies. Such as Indian Art, Culture, Books, Authors etc.
- Mental ability test of reasoning
- Numerical ability test and Arithmetic of H.S.C. Standard;
(b) Skill Test (Basic Computer Skill) Odisha Staff Selection Commission syllabus for the Skill Test of the Computer Operator-cum-Store Keeper shall be as follows :
i. Windows (Operating System) : To test some of the following basic system operations on file/folder(s)
- Create, Rename, Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete.
- Using Clip Board.
ii. MS Word : A paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tool given below to be tested, during the examination.
- Editing and Formatting test and Paragraph
- Page and Paragraph Setup.
- Inserting picture and Word Art.
iii. MS Power Point : A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Editing and formatting slides
iv. M.S. Excel : A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Formatting cells and data.
- Functions and Formulae (Relative, absolute and Mixed reference.)
v. MS Access : A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Creating and entering data into a database
- Creating Query & Form using Wizards. Print out of the document(s) so created should be attached to Answer Sheet.
10. Odisha SSC Admission Letter :
The Commission shall upload the Admission letter in different stages of the examination on its website, “www.ossc.gov.in“. The candidate has to log on to the website of the Commission by clicking on the button ‘candidates login‘ and then provide ‘user Id‘ and ‘password‘ to “Download Admit Card” from the above website. The admitted candidates will have to; produce the admission letter at the allotted venue for appearing in the examinations/tests. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time, subject and venue of the\examination, and will bear the photo and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
No Admission Letter/call letter at any stage will be despatched to any candidate by post.
11. Odisha SSC Select List
The merit list for the post will be prepared in order of merit category wise of the sum total marks secured by the candidate both in General Awareness paper & Basic computer Test. The candidates will be selected in order of merit as per vacancy position advertised.
12. Results for Odisha SSC Recruitment 2016 : The results of the selected candidates will be published as per the vacancy advertised in due course in Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Note : Blue/Black ball point pen only should be used for darkening the correct Roll Number, Set code and answering (ovalling) in OMR sheet, whiteners/erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet. Use of whitener/eraser in OMR Answer Sheet/darkening of wrong circle/more than one option/wrong Roll Number and Set code by the candidate or any deviation of above instruction shall render the OMR sheet unfit for evaluation.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of Odisha Staff Selection Commission at www.ossc.gov.in at regular interval for detailed information about the program of the examination/Skill test etc., notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of this recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information about the examination.
- The candidate should furnish correct mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.