Odisha SSC Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Fodder Development Officer, Laboratory Assistant, Operator
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. I,
Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Selection of candidates for combined recruitment to the posts of Assistant Fodder Development Officer ( post code-AFDQ-107 ), Laboratory Assistant ( post code-LA-05 ), Operator ( Post code-OPAH-108 ) under Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, Odisha, Laboratory Assistant ( post code-LA-05 ) under Director, EPM, Junior Laboratory Technician ( Post code-JLT-109 ), Dental Technician ( Post code-DT-110 ) under Director, E.S.I. and Laboratory Attendant, ( Post Code-LAT-111 ) under Directorate of Export Promotion and Marketing, Odisha.
- Online application form will be available from 01.09.2015 till 30.09.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
- Only candidates who qualify in the written examinations shall submit their original certificates, documents, for verification at the time of viva-voce test.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the application and satisfy himself / herself about his / her eligibility and apply online.
- The candidates will choose the post and exercise preference as per their qualification.
Online Applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 03 posts of Assistant Fodder Development Officer, 02 posts of Laboratory Assistant on contractual basis with consolidated remuneration of 9300 + GP 4200 and 08 posts of Operator on contractual basis with consolidated remuneration of 5200 + GP 2000/- under Directorate of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services. 11 posts of Laboratory Assistant on contractual basis with consolidated remuneration of 5,200/- + G.P. 2400/- and 07 posts of Laboratory Attendant on contractual basis with consolidated recruitment 4,930/- + Grade Pay 1750/- under Directorate of Export Promotion and Marketing, Odisha. 23 posts of Junior Laboratory Technician and 01 post of Dental Technician on contractual basis with consolidated remuneration of 5,200/- + G.P. 2400/- under Director, E.S.I. Scheme, Odisha.
It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he / she is eligible to apply for the post as per this advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
1. How to Apply for OSSC Recruitment 2015 :
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in. By clicking on the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form indicating their choice for the posts in order of preferences. After filling the application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The candidates are also advised to indicate the choice of posts and preference in case he / she is eligible in more than one post as per their qualification and fill up the relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2 or other qualifications which is required for eligibility of every candidate. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained. The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application. The candidate has to click on the button, ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidate has to take print of the Applicant’s copy and the OSSC copy. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the applicant. In case of selection of the candidate for viva-voce test the candidate has to submit the OSSC copy in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission along with the original & self attested photo copy of the certificates.
- The Applicant’s copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘pass word’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of the application and also to down load the call letter from the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be.
- The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and using the user ID and password.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Recruitment Applications 2015 : The last date for online submission of Application in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of 30.09.2015. The system will be automatically disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will hot be generated any more at the candidate’s end.
3. OSSC Recruitment Vacancy Position 2015
a. Number of Posts to be filled up and Reservations : As per requisition received from Director of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services, the Director of Export Promotion and Marketing and the Director of Employees State Insurance Scheme ( E.S.I. Scheme ) the category-wise break-up of the total no. of posts to be filled up by this combined recruitment is as follows :
|Name of the Post||UR ( out of which women )||SEBC ( out of which women )||SC ( out of which women )||ST ( out of which women )||Total ( out of which women )|
|Assistant Fodder Development Officer ( under AH & VS )||01 ( W - 01 )||01 ( W - Nil )||-||01 ( W - 01 )||03 ( W - 02 )|
|Laboratory Assistant ( under AH & VS )||-||-||01 ( W - 01 )||01 ( W - 01 )||02 ( W - 02 )|
|Operator ( under AH & VS )||02 ( W - Nil )||-||-||06 ( W - Nil )||08 ( W - Nil )|
|Laboratory Assistant ( Chemical Branch ) with 2 years experience ( under Director, EPM )||02 ( W - 01 )||01 ( W - Nil )||01 ( W - Nil )||02 ( W - 01 )||06 ( PwD - 01 )|
|Laboratory Assistant ( Mechanical Branch ) with 2 years experience ( under Director, EPM )||02 ( W - 01 )||01 ( W - Nil )||01 ( W - Nil )||01 ( W - Nil )||05 ( PwD - 01 )|
|Laboratory Attendant ( under Director, EPM. )||03( W - 01 )||02 ( W - Nil )||01 ( W - 01 )||01 ( W - 01 )||07|
|Junior Laboratory Technician ( under Director, E.S.I. )||18 ( W - 06 )||-||01 ( W - 01 )||04 ( W - 02 )||23 ( W - 09 )|
|Dental Technician ( under Director, E.S.I. )||01 ( W - Nil )||-||-||-||01 ( W - Nil )|
Note : SC – Schedule Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, SEBC – Socially & Educationally Backward Class, UR – Un-Reserved. Eligibility of PwD candidates – PH ( OA / OL / BL ) & HI ( for the post of Laboratory Assistant ).
b. The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
c. There is no reservation of posts for Spl. Category candidates under Director, AH & VS. The intending Spl. Category candidates may submit online application whose resultant age ( after deduction of 10 years ( for PwD category ) and ( after deduction of the period of service for Ex-Serviceman ) does not exceed the maximum age limit prescribed for the post. He will appear in his category and will not claim for reservation as PwD ( OA, OL, BL, HI ) & Ex-Serviceman.
4. Scale of Pay & Condition of Service :
Assistant Fodder Development Officer & Laboratory Assistant under Director, AH & VS : Consolidated salary of 9300/- + GP 4200/-.
Operator : Consolidated Salary of 5,200/- + G.P. 2000/-.
Laboratory Assistant under Director, EPM : Consolidated Salary of 5,200/- + G.P. 2400/-.
Junior Laboratory Technician & Dental Technician : Consolidated salary of 5200/- + GP 2400/-.
Laboratory Attendant : Consolidated Salary of 4930 + G.P. 1750/-.
The condition of service of the post advertised shall be guided by the Odisha Group – B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013-1147/Gen dt. 17.01.2014 and Odisha Group – C & Group D posts ( Contractual Appointment ) Rules, 2013 notified vide G.A. Department Notification No. GAD-SC-Rules-0009-2013-32010/Gen dt. 12.11.2013 and the relevant recruitment rule of the cadre / post. The salary / scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time.
5. OSSC Recruitment Eligibility 2015 :
a. Age Limit for OSSC Recruitment 2015 :
The minimum age for the posts of Assistant Fodder Development Officer Laboratory Assistant, Junior Laboratory Technician & Dental Technician is 21 and maximum age 32 years as on 01.01.2015. For the post of Operator and Laboratory Attendant minimum age is 18 and maximum age is 32 years as on 01.01.2015. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SEBC, SC, ST & Women candidates.
To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994 for the post of Assistant Fodder Development Officer and Laboratory Assistant. For the post of Operator and Laboratory Attendant, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1997.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Govt, offices or the State Govt, of Odisha who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group B posts ) & “Odisha Group – C & D posts ( Contractual appointment ) Rules, 2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years as on 1.1.2015. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
b. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board / Council / by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable to the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
6. a. Minimum Educational Qualification
- Assistant Fodder Development Officer under Directorate AH & VS – B.Sc.( Ag ).
- Laboratory Assistant under AH & VS – Degree in Science.
- Laboratory Assistant under Director EPM :
- B.Sc / Diploma in Chemical Engineering with minimum 2 years experience.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 2 years experience.
- Operator under AH &VS – Matriculation with I.T.I. in Electrical / Refrigeration / Electronic Trade. No candidate with higher qualification are required.
- Laboratory Attendant : Matric Pass with ITI ( eligible for the post of Fitter ).
- Junior Laboratory Technician under Director, ESI Scheme : +2 Science with Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician.
- Dental Technician under Director of ESI Scheme : +2 Science with Diploma in Dental Technician.
The candidate must have passed Odia equivalent to M.E standard. Candidates have to choose the posts as per their qualification. In case of eligibility for more than one posts, they may exercise their preference for the posts in the application form and also at the time of viva-voce test in case of selection for viva-voce.
7. General Eligibility of the Candidate
In order to be eligible for appearing in the examination a candidate must satisfy the following conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall posses requisite qualification ( educational and age eligibility )shown at para 5 & 6 above.
- Be able to read and write and speak Odia; and have
- Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department;
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
8. Examination Fee :
All SEBC & UR candidates other than SC / ST have to pay an examination fee of 100/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or off-line mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
(1)* In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
* She / He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option Other Deposit.
* The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
* She / He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a Challan Reference ID will be generated.
8. (2)* For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
(3)* For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. ( The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal ).
* On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
* The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104- UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
* The applicant will fill in the challan reference ID and date in the online application.
(4). The candidate has also the option to deposit the fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the Head of Account-0051- PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
* Non indication of correct and valid treasury challan no., date, and name of the treasury in the application form relating to examination fees deposited through off-line mode is liable for rejection of the application. An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected.
SC / ST candidates are exempted from paying examination fee.
9. Plan of OSSC Examination 2015 :
a. Assistant Fodder Development Officer : ( Written Test ) – 200 marks.
i. Paper – I General Studies ( Objective type in OMR Sheet ) – 100 marks – 1 1/2 hours duration.
The questions are to test the candidate’s English and Odia language proficiency, grammar and usage. General Studies include subjects like General Science, current events, History and Geography of India / Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution. Socio – economic Scenario of India / Odisha, Issues in Environment & Human rights, Arithmetic of HSC standard, quantitative aptitude and numerical skill, problems in logical abilities & reasoning and English and Odia Language comprehension.
Paper – II – Technical Paper ( carrying questions from B.Sc.(Ag) Syllabus – 100 marks – 1 1/2 hours duration.
Viva-voce – 20 marks.
b. Laboratory Assistant : ( Written Test ) – 200 marks
ii. Paper – I – General Studies : 100 marks ( Objective Type in OMR Sheet ) – 1 1/2 hours duration ( as per syllabus 9(i) paper – I ).
Paper – II – Technical Paper : ( Physics, Chemistry ) / ( Botany, Zoology ) / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering – 100 marks – 1 1/2 hours duration.
( The candidates are advised to indicate whether to appear Physics, Chemistry or Botany, Zoology or Chemical or Mechanical Engineering subjects. )
Viva-voce Test : 20 marks.
Technical Paper ( carrying questions of 100 marks for each of the ITI trade from Electrical / Refrigeration / Electronic Trade ). ( Objective type in OMR ) – 1 1/2 hours duration.
Viva-voce Test – 10 marks.
d. Laboratory Attendant : Technical paper – ITI ( Syllabus ) eligible for the post of Fitter Trade.
e. Junior Laboratory Technician : Technical paper – +2 Science and Diploma course in Medical Lab. Technician.
f. Dental Technician : +2 Science and Diploma course in Dental Technician.
A combined examination will be held for paper – I ( General Studies ) for the post of Assistant Fodder Development Officer & Laboratory Assistant. Separate examination will be held for ( Technical Paper ) for each of the above 6 posts and only one Technical paper examination will be held for Operator, Laboratory Attendant, Junior Laboratory Technician and Dental Technician.
Candidates applying for more than one post may fill up his / her option for posts at the appropriate column in the online application form in order of preference. But he / she has to finally confirm the option for the posts at the time of certificate verification on the date of appearing the viva-voce test. The option so exercised shall be final. However, while allotting the selected candidates to different posts, the candidate’s eligibility for the said post, his / her position in the merit list and category wise availability of vacancies will be taken into consideration. Each selected candidate will be allotted to only one post. The decision of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission in this regard is final as per the existing rule of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
10. Viva Voce Test :
There shall be a viva-voce test carrying 20 marks for the post of Assistant Fodder Development Officer and Laboratory Assistant and 10 marks for the post of Operator, Laboratory Attendant, Junior Laboratory Technician and Dental Technician. The candidates numbering about 3 times of each category of the respective posts shall be called for the viva-voce test as per their performance in the written examination.
11. Admission Letter :
The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website, “www.ossc.gov.in“. The candidates have to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen. If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. Then the eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of examination. The complete list of the admitted / rejected applications ( with grounds of rejection ) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same at the allotted venue for appearing at the examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination, and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Commission.
No Admission Letter will be despatched to any candidate by post.
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC / ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce examination. Before being allowed to appear at the via-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates as listed at para – 1(C), failing which he / she shall be debarred from the viva voce test.
12. Result : The results will be published in due course in the Odisha Staff Selection Commission’s website taking into consideration the sum total of marks secured in written test and viva-voce test.