Odisha SSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
The last date of submission of online application for the post of Assistant Commercial Tax Officer is extended from 21st September, 2016 11:59 P.M. upto 29th September, 2016 11:59 P.M.
The last date of submission of DAF along with all requisite documents for Special Category candidates is also extended from 06th October, 2016 05:00 PM upto 14th October, 2016 05:00 PM.
Odisha Staff Selection Commission Online Applications are invited for selection of candidates for recruitment to 115 numbers of contractual posts for Assistant Commercial Tax Officer (ACTO) under commissioner of commercial taxes (Post Code-01/ACTO) Odisha, Cuttack.
It is the liability of the applicant to ensure that he/she is eligible to apply for the post as per OSSC advertisement. Admission of the candidates for the written examination would be on the basis of the information furnished by them in the online application form.
If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the ACTO post or has not paid the requisite examination fee, his/her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
Further, OSSC reserves the right to debar such candidates from applying for other recruitment examinations conducted by OSSC either temporarily or permanently.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Vacancy 2016
Number of posts to be filled up and reservations : As per requisition received from the Commissioner of Commercial Taxes Odisha, Cuttack the category-wise break-up of the total number of posts and posts reserved for women out of total posts to be filled up by ACTO recruitment is as follows.
|Category||Total (Male, Female & Transgender||Out of which Female|
The number of vacancies and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of ACTO recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Staff Selection Commission and the Requisitioning Authorities or the Government.
Note : While submitting the OSSC application online, candidates should note that category (UR/SC/ST/SEBC) and Special Category (PWD/EX-SM/Sports Person/In-service) submitted by the candidate in the application form is final and any claim for change in Category or Special Category at later stage, shall not be entertained.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Special Category Vacancies :
- PWD : 10 Vacancy
- Ex Serviceman : 04 Vacancy
- Sports person : 03 Vacancy
PWD candidates having following functional classification and functional requirement are suitable for the ACTO post as per the Government in G.A Department Resolution No. 34450/Gen in 3rd December, 2013. Physical Requirement (S, ST, W, BN, MF, SERW, H) & Functional Requirement (OL, OA, LV, HI).
The number and other conditions of vacant posts to be filled up on the basis of ACTO recruitment are subject to change without any prior notice as per discretion of the Staff Selection Commission, the Requisitioning Authorities and the Government.
OSSC ACTO Scale of Pay & Conditions of Service 2016 : The appointment shall be made in a consolidated salary of 9300/- + G.P 4200/- applicable to the ACTO post as per Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual Appointment) Rules, 2013 notified vied G.A. Department Notification No. 1147- GAD-SC-Rules-0061-2013/Gen. 17th January, 2014. The salary/scale of pay may vary according to decision of the Government from time to time. The service conditions & recruitment shall be regulated as per relevant rules.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Eligibility Criteria 2016
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Age Limit 2016 : The minimum age for the ACTO post is 21 years and the maximum age is 32 years as on 1st January, 2016. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC and for all Women candidates. 10 years for PWD candidates & total period of service rendered in defence service (Indian Army/Indian Navy/Indian Air Force only) in case of Ex-servicemen. However, a candidate can only avail one type of age relaxation as per rule. To be eligible, candidates not enjoying any relaxation of upper age limit must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
The persons in Defence Forces having more than six months to retire/to be discharged from the Forces as on the date of the submission of online application are not eligible to apply as Ex-serviceman for the ACTO post. Once an Ex-Service man has joined the Government job on civil side after availing of the benefits given to him as an Ex-serviceman for his re-employment, his ex-serviceman status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
Note : Border Security Force (BSF), Indian Coast Guard (ICG) and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) etc. are not with in the definition of Ex-servicemen.
However the upper age limit is relaxable for in-service contractual employees engaged by the Government or through manpower service provider agencies in the State Government offices of the Government of Odisha, who have completed at least one year of continuous service on the date of publication of advertisement as per provision of “Odisha Group-B posts (Contractual appointment) Rules-2013″. As such they must be less than 45 years on 1st January, 2016. They should submit the required proof from their employer for availing the age relaxation.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or equivalent Certificate issued by the recognised Board/Council by an Indian University as equivalent there to shall only be acceptable by the Staff Selection Commission.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Essential Qualification 2016
- The candidate must have passed Bachelors Degree from any recognised University.
- The candidate must have passed Odia language equivalent to M.E. standard.
OSSC ACTO General Eligibility Qualification 2016 : In order to be eligible for appearing in the ACTO examination a candidate must satisfy the conditions.
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Shall possess requisite qualification (educational and age eligibility).
- Be able to read, write and speak Odia and have
- Be of good mental condition and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his duties in the service. A candidate who after medical examination as may be prescribed is not found to satisfy these requirements shall not be appointed to the service.
- If married, must not have more than one spouse living.
1. Passed middle School Examination with Odia as a Language subject.OR
2. Passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject.OR
3. Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognised by the State Government or the Central Government, or Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Apply Procedure 2016
- Candidates have to apply online using the website of the Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in By clicking on the online application link in the home page of the website, the ACTO posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on Apply online after selecting the ACTO post. Here, the system will ask to furnish the 10th/HSC Examination Roll number, name of the Board & year of Passing and whether Annual or Supplementary.
The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the Roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C/Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to the next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th Standard Examination is furnished. Furnishing of any wrong information may lead to rejection of the application.
- Thereafter, the candidates are to fill in all the required information in the application form. After filling the ACTO application, the candidate has to upload the scanned image of his/her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his/her full signature in the online application form.
The candidates are also advised to fill up relevant column, mentioning full marks, marks secured and percentage of mark in H.S.C, +2, Degree examination and other requisite qualifications which are required for eligibility of every candidate. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the submit button. Before submitting the ACTO online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned full signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’ After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his/her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application.
The candidate has to click on the button. ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a ‘unique bar code’ and the bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidates ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
- The candidates have to take print of the Applicants copy and the OSSC copy. Only Special Category candidates shall submit their OSSC copy through speed post within 15 days after date of submission of online application form. The OSSC copy has to be preserved by the remaining applicants. In case of selection of the candidate in main written examination the candidate has to submit the same in the Staff Selection Commission along with self attested photo copy of the following certificates during Viva-voce test for verification.
- H.S.C. or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- +2 or equivalent Certificate & mark sheet.
- Certificate & mark sheet of Degree examination.
- Caste certificate (within validity period).
- Candidates have to submit a certificate either of passing HSC examination with Odia as a compulsory subject, or in lieu thereof a certificate of passing a language test in Odia of M.E. standard/Class-VII issued by concerned Board/Council.
- Copy of original Treasury Challan/e-challan (except SC, ST and PWD candidates).
- Candidates claiming reservation under PWD category must submit disability certificate issued by the Concerned District Medical Board.
- Identity Card and Discharge certificate indicating the period of service rendered, in case of Ex-Serviceman Candidates.
- Identity card issued by the Sports & Youth Service Department, Government of Odisha in case of sports person.
- Copy of identity card issued by any Government Authority such as Adhar card/Voter ID-card/Driving license/Pass port etc.
- Proof of employment certificate in case of in-service candidates.
- Any other certificate/achievement/higher qualification of the candidate.
- The Applicants copy contains the ‘user ID’ and ‘password’ printed on the bottom of the application form. The applicant has to keep it carefully for his future reference to access to the website to know the status of his/her application and also to download the call letter from the Staff Selection Commissions website.
- Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
- The Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the application form or ineligible for whatsoever reasons it may be under the OSSC Rules or other matters.
- The candidate may find out the status of his/her application from time to time by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab and thereafter clicking on the candidates log in, using the user ID and password.
- Candidate should possess a valid E-mail Id and Mobile No. which should remain active till publication of the final result pursuant to the advertisement. The Staff Selection Commission shall not be responsible for any loss of e-mail/SMS sent due to wrong/invalid Email Id or Mobile No. provided by the candidates or for delay/Non-receipt of information, if a candidate fails to access his/her E-mail/Mobile in time. Candidates will be allowed in the examination only if they possess a valid Admission letter and officially valid Identity proof.
The candidates have to produce their original Certificates and Mark sheets at the time of Viva-Voice Test for verification.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Application Last Date 2016 : The last date for online submission of OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Application in response to 11.59 P.M. of 29th September, 2016. The system will be automatically disable from 11.59 P.M of the said date after which the application form for ACTO post will not be registered any more. Last date of submission of DAF/OSSC Copy along with requisite documents through speed post is 15 days thereafter i.e, on or before 14th October, 2016, 5.00 PM.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Admission Letter 2016 : The Odisha Staff Selection Commission shall upload the Admission letter of the admitted candidates on its Website. www.ossc.gov.in The candidates have to visit the website and click on the button ‘candidates login’ and then provide ‘user Id’ and ‘password’ upon which the status of the application will be displayed on the screen.
If the application has been rejected the same would be indicated along with grounds of rejection. The eligible applicant has to click on “Download Admit Card” and the requisite Admission letter can be downloaded. This would be feasible about two weeks before the scheduled date of Odisha Staff Selection Commission ACTO examination.
The complete list of the rejected applications (with grounds of rejection) may also be seen in the Odisha Staff Selection Commissions Website. The candidates are advised to download their respective Admission letters and take print out there of and required to produce the same along with an original officially valid identity proof (Voter Id/PAN Card/Driving License/Aadhar Card/Passport etc) at the allotted venue for appearing at the ACTO examination. The admission letter will carry intimation about the date, time and venue of the examination and will bear the photograph and signature of the candidate and facsimile signature of the Secretary of Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
No Admission Letter will be dispatched to any candidate by post or any other means.
- Odisha SSC Online registration will be available from 22nd August, 2016 till 29th September, 2016 by 11.59 PM. Submission of OSSC copy/DAF along with all requisite documents by Special Category candidates only, such as Sports Person, Ex-SM, PWD & In-service through Speed Post by 14th October, 2016, 5.00 PM.
- The OSSC Copy and all requisite documents should be addressed to
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
superscribing the envelope as “Application for the Post of ACT0-2016″.
- No physical copy of application form is required to be sent to Odisha Staff Selection Commission by the candidates other than Special Categories.
- Candidates other than special categories, have to produce the detailed Application form (OSSC copy of the online application) along with requisite documents at the time of Viva Voce Test.
- The candidates having Bachelors Degree from any recognised University and within the requisite age limit are eligible to apply for the Assistant Commercial Tax Officer post.
- The candidates who intend to apply should read the eligibility criteria before filling up the ACTO application and satisfy himself/herself about his/her eligibility and apply online.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Exam Fee 2016 : All UR & SEBC candidates other than SC/ST/PWD have to pay an ACTO examination fee of 1OO/-. The fees can be deposited either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode of deposit in the Treasury. No application for admission to examination shall be considered if the examination fee is not deposited through Treasury Challan showing payment in the Government Treasury.
- In case of e-payment the applicant is required to log on to www.odishatreasury.gov.in or access through the link available in the OSSC portal.
- She/He will click on the option of e-Payment and choose the option “Examination fees”.
- The details of the challan will be filled in by the applicant.
- She/He will choose the option for making the payment either through online or over the Bank counter mode of payment. In either case on submission of valid information, a “Challan Reference ID” will be generated.
- For online payment, the payment will be made through Net Banking of the designated banks or through Debit Card. On successful payment, an e-Challan will be generated from the Treasury portal.
- For over the Bank counter mode of deposit, the applicant will choose any designated Bank provided in the Treasury Portal and then proceed to the Bank branch where Offline payment of Government receipt is accepted. (The list of Bank branches for making offline payment is available at the Treasury Portal).
- On receipt of the payment, the depositor copy of the Challan form will be handed over to the depositor by the Bank.
- The challan will be deposited under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”.
- The applicant will fill in the Challan No./Challan reference ID and date in the OSSC online application.
- The candidate has also the option to deposit the ACTO Exam fee through the conventional mode into the Treasury under the “Head of Account-0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examination Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-Examiantion Fees”. In this case the candidate has to mention the Treasury Challan No. and date in the online application.
- Non indication of correct and valid treasury Challan No., date and name of the treasury in the OSSC application form relating to examination fees deposited through offline mode is liable for rejection of the application. An enquiry on the deposit of examination fee by the candidates in the concerned Treasury shall be made by the Staff Selection Commission. Applications without examination fee shall be rejected. Fees once paid will not be refunded in any circumstances. Candidates therefore requested to verify their eligibility criteria before paying the Odisha Staff Selection Commission ACTO examination fee.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates are exempted from paying examination fees
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Exam Procedure 2016
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Preliminary Examination 2016 : General Awareness-1 hour & 30 minutes of duration-100 marks (qualifying in nature).
- There will be negative mark @ 0.25 per wrong answer in the Preliminary Examination.
- Candidates about 12-times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the Main Written examination.
OSSC ACTO Main Written Exam 2016 : 300 marks
- Arithmetic : 1 hour & 30 minutes : 100 marks (OMR system)
- English : 1 hour & 30 minutes : 100 marks (Descriptive)
- General knowledge : 1 hour & 30 minutes : 100 marks (OMR system)
(No negative mark for wrong answer in the OSSC ACTO Main Written Examination)
Total : 300 marks
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Viva-Voce Test 2016
Note : T.A. will be paid to SC/ST candidates for appearing in the viva-voce Test. Before being allowed to appear at the viva-voce test, a candidate is required to produce original certificates, failing which he/she shall be debarred from the Assistant Commercial Tax Officer viva-voce test.
ACTO Viva-voce Test : 30 marks
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Selection Procedure 2016 : The OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer final selection list will be prepared based on the marks secured in the main written examination and viva-voce test taken together category wise and the same will be available in the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Exam Syllabus 2016
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2016 : The OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer preliminary examination will be of 100 marks on General Awareness with Multiple Choices Questions (MCQ). Questions will be on the subject like Arithmetic, General Knowledge, English & Odia (25-marks in each subject). The questions of Odia & English are to test the candidates English and Odia language proficiency, grammar and usage. General knowledge includes subjects like General Science, Current events, History and Geography of India/Odisha, Indian polity & Constitution, Socio economic scenario of India/Odisha, issues in Environment & Human rights. The questions of Arithmetic will be of HSC standard.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer examination will be a screening Test, qualifying in nature, to short list candidates for main written examination. Candidates about 12 times of the number of vacancies in each category shall be called for appearing the main written examination.
OSSC Assistant Commercial Tax Officer Main Written Exam Syllabus 2016
Arithmetic : Vulgar Fraction and decimal, H.C.F., Simple and Compound practice and L.C.M., Simple and Compound interest, rates and taxes, Insurances, Square and Cubic measures in metric system, ratio and proportion, problems on time & work and time & distance, Profit & Loss.
Note : The standard will be equal to that of High School Certificate (HSC) Examination.
- An Essay to be written in English : 30 marks
- A letter to be written in English : 20 marks
- Summary or precis of two English passages : 30 marks
- Translation and re-translation from English passage to Odia and Odia passage to English. : 20 marks
General Knowledge : General Knowledge will be a test of awareness of current events. particularly in respect of Odisha History, an literature, culture of Odisha and other matters of day to day observation and experience and basic computer knowledge.
Viva-Voce test : There shall be viva-voce test of 30 marks. Basing on the performance in the Main Written examination, candidates numbering up to 3-times the number of vacancies (Category wise) will be called for viva-voce test.
- Blue/Black ball point pen only should be used for darkening the correct Roll Number, Set Code and answering (ovalling) in OMR sheet, whiteners/erasers should not be used in the OMR sheet. Darkening of wrong circle, more than one circle/option or any deviation of the above instruction shall liable to render the OMR sheet unfit for evaluation.
- The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission i.e, www.ossc.gov.in for detail information about the programme of the ACTO examination/viva-voce test, notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices of Assistant Commercial Tax Officer recruitment to be published in the leading local daily news papers for information.
- The candidate should furnish correct & active mobile number for sending SMS by OSSC relating to examination.
- Mobile phone or any other communication devices are not allowed into the premises of the Assistant Commercial Tax Officer examination centre. The candidates are advised not to bring any such items to the examination centre venue. Any infringement of these instructions will entail debarment of the concerned candidate from the examination.