|It is informed to all concerned that the Preliminary Examination of Combined Police Service Examination 2015, Pursuant to Advertisement No.4134/OSSC dated 04.09.2015 and in continuation of this Office Notice No.4888/OSSC dated 02.11.2015 will be held on 26th March, 2017 (Sunday). The admitted candidates are advised to download their Admit Card from the OSSC website, i.e.‘online.odishassc.in’ from 15th March, 2017 on words by using candidates log-in I.D. and password to appear the examination on the date.|
Odisha Staff Selection Commission,
Barrack No. 1, Unit – V,
Bhubaneswar – 751 054.
Combined Police Service Examination 2015 for recruitment of Sub Inspector of Police ( Post Code – SIP – 02 ), Sergeant of Police ( Post Code – 04 ) and Station Officer Fire Service ( Post Code – SOFS – 45 ), under Home department, Government of Odisha.
Important : Online Application Form for OSSC Combined Police Service Exam 2015 will be available from 09.09.2015 till 09.10.2015 by 11.59 P.M.
OSSC Combined Police Service preliminary test will be conducted on 29.11.2015.
Online Applications are invited by using website www.ossc.gov.in for the Combined Police Service Examination 2015 for selection of candidates for recruitment to 327 posts of Sub-Inspector of Police ( Post Code SIP-02 ), 24 posts of Sergeant of Police ( Post Code-SP-04 ) and 19 posts of Station Officer ( Fire Service ) ( Post Code-SOFS-45 ) under Home Department, Odisha. The posts will be initially on contractual basis as per Odisha Group B posts ( Contractual Appointment ) rules, 2013 in the Pay Band 2 i.e. 9,300 – 34,800/- with Grade Pay 4200/- without any age relaxation to contractual employees in the category I & category II as per the said contractual rules.
1. The candidates applying for the post must go through the advertisement and ensure that they fulfil all eligibility criteria / conditions prescribed for the post / examination as laid down in this advertisement. Admission of a candidate for different stages of recruitment such as preliminary examination, physical test, main examination & viva voce test shall be provisional and would be on the basis of the information furnished by him / her in the online application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his / her application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post, his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
2. The candidates qualifying in the Physical Measurement & Physical Test shall have to submit the DAF i.e the OSSC copy duly signed the declaration by the applicant, treasury challan ( other than SC & ST candidates ) and other documents & certificates as per clause 7 of this advertisement within 15 days of the declaration of the result for verification and calculation of weightage marks for NCC certificate holders, achievement in sports & degree or diploma in Fire Engineering ( for the post of Station Officer, Fire Service only ).
3. The candidates may exercise their option for the post of S.I. of Police, Sergeant of Police & Station Officer Fire Service in order of preference for selection. The candidates having graduation in science or engineering may opt for the post of Station Officer Fire Service. The women candidates are eligible for the post of S.I. of Police only.
4. The persons with disability are not eligible for the post.
l. OSSC Combined Police Service Exam How to Apply 2015 :
a. The aspirants are required to fill in the online application form prescribed for the post in the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The applicants other than the category of S.C. & S.T. are required to deposit examination fee of 100/- either through online or offline mode using the Treasury Portal or by the conventional mode in the Head of Account – “0051-PSC-104-UPSC/SSC-Examinaiton Fees-0047-Fees collected for conducting examinations-02041-examination fees” as detailed in the clause – 6 of this advertisement before proceeding to fill in the online application for the post.
b. Candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission www.ossc.gov.in and then required to click the tab ‘online application’ in the home page of the website, the posts advertised for online application and detailed instructions for submitting the application online are displayed on the computer screen. These instructions along with the instructions in this advertisement are to be read carefully before proceeding to fill up the application form. The application form can be generated by clicking on ‘apply online’ after selecting the post. Here the system will ask to furnish the 10th / HSC Examination Roll Number, name of the Board & year of passing and whether annual or supplementary. The Applicant should furnish the correct information including the roll number as mentioned in the H.S.C / Matriculation Certificate and other information so as to validate the same and to proceed to next step. Candidates should ensure that correct information relating to passing the 10th standard examination are furnished. Furnishing any wrong / incorrect information in the online application form may lead to rejection of the application.
c. After validating the required information the Blank Application Form specific for the particular post will be generated on the screen and the candidate has to fill in the required details against the various items in the form without leaving any item blank. The candidate has to upload the scanned image of his / her recent passport size photograph and scanned image of his / her full signature in the online application form. The up-loaded photograph and full signature must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application is liable to be rejected and no correspondence on this count will be entertained.
The filled in application form can be submitted by clicking on the ‘submit button’. Before submitting the online application the applicant must re-check the information filled in and ensure that the information provided and the scanned signature and scanned photographs are clearly identifiable and visible and then click the ‘submit button’. After the form is successfully submitted, a user ID and a password are generated on the screen, which the applicant has to note down for his / her future use in accessing the system to find out the status of the application.
The candidate has to click on the button ‘print application form’ to generate the filled in Application form. This time the application form is generated by the system with a unique bar code and bar code number printed on the format, is the index number of the application. If any defect is noticed in the application form submitted, the applicant can edit the application form by accessing the candidate’s ‘log in’ within 48 hours of clicking the ‘submit button’. Editing of the application will not be possible after 48 hours.
d. The candidate has to take two printed copies of the application, one OSSC copy and the other the applicant’s copy. The OSSC copy along with the original copy of the treasury challan must be kept safely for future use. Candidates, who will qualify in the physical test shall have to submit the hard copy of the application form i.e. the OSSC copy with due ink signed signature at the appropriate box below the declaration along with original copy of the Treasury challan / e-challan ( except for SC / ST candidates ) and enclosures ( refer to clause – 7 below ) together called the Detailed Application Form ( DAF ) to the Secretary, Odisha Staff Selection Commission, Barrack No.l, Unit – V, Bhubaneswar – 751 054 superscribing the envelope as “Application for the Post of Combined Police Service Examination 2015″ by Regd. Post / Speed Post within 15 days form the date of the completion of the Physical Test.
e. Admission of candidates to the Preliminary Examination, Physical Test and Main Written Examination is provisional and subject to verification of original certificate(s) / document(s) etc at the time of viva voce and psychological test to be conducted by the Odisha Staff Selection Commission. The candidates will be provisionally allowed to appear in the preliminary examination, physical test and in the written examination basing on the information furnished by them in the online application. The eligibility of the candidates will be verified at the time of certificate verification after the written examination. The Odisha Staff Selection Commission has the right to reject the application of any candidate at any stage of the recruitment process if the candidate is found to have submitted false information in the online application or ineligible for whatsoever reason(s) it may be.
f. The candidate may find out the status of his / her application at different times by accessing OSSC website, clicking therein ‘online application’ tab, and thereafter clicking on the candidate’s log in, and providing the user ID and password. In case of any wrong entry detected by the candidate after submission of application online, he / she can get it corrected within 48 hours of submission, following the instructions therein.
g. Applications received incomplete or received through any mode other than online mode are liable to be summarily rejected.
2. Last Date for Receipt of OSSC Combined Police Service Exam Applications 2015 : The last date for online submission of Combined Police Service Exam Application in response to OSSC advertisement is 11.59 P.M. of dt. 09.10.2015. The system will be disabled from 11.59 P.M. of the said date after which the application form for this particular post will not be generated any more at the candidate’s end. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Staff Selection Commission, www.ossc.gov.in at regular intervals for detailed information about the programme of the examination / physical test / viva voce test, notice regarding rejection of the application, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices relating to this recruitment to be published in the leading odia local daily news papers for information.