Ministry of Agriculture,
Department of Agriculture & Cooperation,
Directorate of Plant Protection,
Quarantine & Storage, NH-IV,
SSC North Eastern Region applications 2012 are invited from suitable persons fulfilling all the eligibility criteria for the following post(s) :
(1) Senior Scientific Assistant-III, General Central Service, Group ‘C’, ( Non – Gazetted, Non – Ministerial ).
Category : NER (C) – 01
Pay Scale for Senior Scientific Assistant-III : 9300-34800 + Grade Pay 4200/-.
Senior Scientific Assistant Vacancy : 1 ( UR ) ( since the post is identified not suitable for OH / HH / VH, such PH persons need not apply )
Age : 18-27 years ( Relaxable for Government servants upto 35 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt. ).
Note : Since the vacancy is UR post, reserved categories ( SC / ST / OBC ) will not get age relaxation & will have to compete in UR standard only.
E.Q. : B.Sc. ( Agriculture ).
D.Q. : Nil
I.P. : Moreh, Manipur.
A.I.S.L. : Yes.
J.R. : At Plant Quarantine Stations : To assist in :
- conducting the inspection of imported plants / plant materials to enforce the DIP.Act 1914 and PFS Order 1989 issued there under.
- undertaking the export certification of plants and plant materials for issuance of Phytosanitary Certificate in pursuance to international Plant Protection Convention 1951 of FAC.
- identification / confirmation of pests, diseases, weeds, nematodes, mites, virus, bacteria in the laboratory.
- formulating the global technical information on pests, diseases, nematodes, treatment, etc. also in developing Pest Risk Analysis based on the available technical literature in India as well as abroad.
- undertaking the treatment of imported / exportable plants / plants materials pertaining to disinfectant / disinfestations.
- operating high – tech laboratory equipment’s like ELISA, X-Ray machine, Ultracentrafuse, etc.
- undertaking various laboratory investigations like Blotter Test, Nematode Detection Test, Incubation Test and also Grow-out Test in the glasshouse / polyhouse / mesh house
- Laboratory investigations with Electron microscope and other soft wares and to assist in the development of international standards to comply with the provisions of World Trade Organisation and Sanitary & Phytosanitary measures / International Plant Protection Convention.
Field duties of Senior Scientific Assistant :
- To conduct surveys to monitor pests, diseases and weeds situation of various crops in the field and reports.
- To “popularize Integrated Pest Management techniques by conducting Farmers’ Field Schools ( FFSs ) and demonstrations at farmers” field for the benefit of farmers and Agricultural Extension Officers.
- To collect, collate and maintain all relevant information about plant pests, diseases and weeds situation including the methods of their control and plant protection equipment.
- To assist in organization and development of all kinds of plant protection work at the headquarters of the Directorate / Sub-stations and to perform other duties in accordance with the official orders of the superiors or controlling officers.
- To compile, correlate and collate technical reports and technical date.
- To liaison with State Agriculture Officers on the development of pest and disease outbreaks and their control strategies.
- To conserve and augment natural enemies for the biological control of crop pests, diseases and weeds.
- To assist in training programmes in biocontrol to State officers and farmers.
- Screening, collection and indexing documents of literature on surveillance, biocontrol and IPM.
Senior Scientific Assistant Laboratory duties :
- Mass rearing of parasites, predators, insect pathogens and phytophagous insects under laboratory conditions using modern sophisticated equipments.
- Releases and assessment and recovery tests of the parasite / predators / pathogens in the fields.
- Analysis of field collected samples for the identification, economic intensity of various pests / diseases and their control strategies.
- Collection, pinning, setting and labeling of insect and herbarium specimens.
- Installation and operation of light traps, pheromone traps, sticking traps etc. for monitoring of insect pests.
Duties in LWO & FSIL :
- To conduct locust surveys in the scheduled Desert Areas of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Haryana.
- To undertake control operations against locusts as and when the situation so warrants.
- To prepare weekly, fortnightly and principal activity report.
- To analyse the locust situation and prepare a locust situation bulletin having forecast for the next few months for the use of the concerned International / National Organisation and State Govt.
- To render technical advice to Agricultural / Revenue authorities on locusts.
- To assist higher authorities in arranging International / National Meetings / Conference.
- To assist in arranging the locust training for use of farmers and State Govt, officials.
- To prepare minutes / drafts of the National / International meetings, 9. To assist higher officers in performing any other day to day activities assigned.
Duties at Field station for investigation on Locust ( FSIL ) :
- To screen newer, insecticides against locusts and Grasshoppers.
- To conduct long terms studies on locust pheromones attractants and deterrents to develop ecologically acceptable methods on locust control.
- To collect and identify of the flora of locust habitats in the Desert.
- To identify TDE chemical factors in plants responsible for resistance against locusts and Grasshoppers.
- To study biotic factors of locust and Grasshoppers in the Laboratory.
- To maintain the culture of locust and grasshoppers in the laboratory.
- Handling of scientific instruments in the laboratory.
P.O.P. : 2 ( two ) years.
(2) Scientific Assistant – I, General Central Service, Group ‘C, ( Non – Gazetted, Non -Ministerial ) in Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture & Cooperation, Directorate of plant Protection, Quarantine & Storage, NH – IV, Faridabad.
Category : NER (C) – 02
Scientific Assistant Pay Scale : 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2800/-.
Vacancy : 1 ( ST ) ( since the post is identified as not suitable for OH / HH / VH, such PH persons need not apply ).
Age : 18 – 25years ( Relaxable for Government servants upto 35 years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Govt.).
Note : Since the vacancy post is reserved for ST, the maximum age limit relaxable is 5 years above the normal age limit of 25/35. E.Q. : B.Sc. ( Agriculture ).
D.Q. : Nil
I.P. : PQS, Moreh, Manipur.
J.R. : At Central Integrated Pest Management Centre : To assist in -
- conducting surveys to monitor insect pests, diseases and weeds situation of various crops in fields.
- popularizing Integrated Pest Management techniques at farmers’ field for the benefit of farmers.
- conserving and augmenting natural enemies for the biological control of crop pests, diseases and weeds.
- training programmes in IPM including biocontrol to state officers and farmers.
- collection and maintaining information about insect pests, diseases and weeds situation including methods of their control and plant protection equipments.
- organization and development of all kinds of plant protection work and to perform other duties in accordance with the official order of the superiors or controlling officers.
- installation and operation of light pheromone sticking traps etc. for monitoring of insect pests.
Laboratory duties of Scientific Assistant :
To assist in collection, pinning, setting, labeling of insect and herbarium specimens and in mass rearing of host insects, parasites, predator, insect pathogens and phytophagous insects under laboratory conditions on natural and artificial diets. At Plant Quarantine Stations :
- To carry out and assist in the inspection of plants and plant material meant for export as also the consignments of plant and plant materials received from abroad.
- to fumigate, treat and assist in fumigation and treatment of plants and plant materials imported from abroad if such treatment becomes necessary on examination of the imported consignments.
- to assist or carry out the fumigation of plants and plant meant for export in cases where the importing country insists in fumigation prior to shipment of the consignment.
- to handle the fumigation and arrange for their storage and upkeep as these are deadly poisonous gases.
- to look after the proper upkeep and maintenance of fumigation viz., fumigation chamber, electric blowers, applications, etc.
Field duties at Locust Warning Offices :
- To conduct locust surveys in the scheduled desert areas.
- to assist in undertaking control operations against locusts.
- to associate render technical advise to farmers.
- to assist higher officials in arranging International / National Meetings / Conference.
- to assist in arranging the locust training for district level officials.
- to assist higher officers in performing any other day to day activities assigned.
Duties at Field station for investigation on Locust ( FSIL ) : To assist in -
- screening newer insecticides against locusts and Grasshoppers.
- collecting and identification of the flora of locust habitats in the desert.
- the study of biotic factors of locust and grasshoppers in the Laboratory, (iv) handling of scientific instruments in the laboratories.
P.O.P. : 2 ( two ) years.
(3) Re-advertised for One ( ST – backlog ) post of Transmission Executive ( Translation ) ( General Central Civil Services, Group ‘C, Non – Gazetted, Non-Ministerial ) under Prasar Bharati,
All India Radio,
Category : NER (C) – 03
Transmission Executive Pay Scale : 9300-34800 + GP 4200/-
Vacancy in Transmission Executive Post : 01 – ST backlog ( post identified not suitable for OH / HH / VH )
Age : 18-30 years ( Relaxable by 5 years to ST & another 5 years if employees of Prasar Bharati )
- Bachelor’s degree with Hindi and English as main subjects or either of the two as medium of examination and the other as main subject.
- Proficiency in the language / dialect relevant to the vacancy i.e. English. Note : Only candidates of ST category fulfilling the above EQ 1 & 2 need apply.D.Q. :
- Acquaintance with the culture, traditions and literature of the area concerned.
- Knowledge of national and international affairs.
- Five years experience of Translator / Writer in the language / dialect relevant to the vacancy as the case may be.
- Ability to translate correctly from Hindi to English, as the case may be, into the dialect relevant to the vacancy and vice-versa.
- Voice suited for broadcasting.
- Knowledge of other languages of the area concerned. LP.: All India Radio, Kohima.
A.I.S.L. : Yes ( on promotion ).
J.R. : The Transmission Executive is placed incharge of the Station’s transmissions. His main responsibilities are : To function as Duty Officer; coordinate the performing artists / talkers, programme presentation staff and the Engineers; collect & issue all the programme material and their broadcast; carefully watch the various items Of programmes broadcast and prepare daily reports; evaluate programmes at AIR stations / offices and prepare an assessment thereof for consideration of Sr. Programme Officers; make payments to artists; prepare statistics of Western and Indian Music broadcast during the month of transmission to the Director General; record, dub, edit and playback programmes of all kinds; assist in the production of programmes of all kinds and preparation of newsreels; assist in preparation of news materials for the Press, Radio and sub-editing of news in English and other India languages; prepare the analysis of English and Indian Languages Press Reports, editorials etc. and translation of English language material into Indian languages and vice-versa; write up scripts of plays, features, talks, stories etc. for all categories of programme and write up announcements, check and select broadcast materials, translate news summary etc.
Note : Job responsibilities mentioned above are only indicative and not exhaustive. Actual responsibilities may vary depending upon the place of posting.
P.O.P. : 2 ( two ) years.
Instructions to Candidates :
1. Abbreviations Used : EQ : Essential Qualification, DQ : Desirable Qualification, UR: Unreserved. SC: Scheduled Caste; ST : Scheduled Tribe, OBC: Other Backward Classes; PH: Physically Handicapped; CRFS : Central Recruitment Fee Stamps, AISL : All India Service Liability, IP : Initial Posting, , JR: J6b- Requirement, POP: Period of Probation, I.e. that is.
2. Fee Payable : 50/- ( Rupees fifty ) only. No fee for women candidate, Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes.
Note : Mode of payment of SSC examination fee has been indicated in Para 7 of important instructions.
Closing date : 30 days ( Till 5 pm ) from the date of publication of the SSC advertisement in the Employment News.