Army Medical Corps as Short Service Commissioned ( SSC ) Offcer 2009
Join Army Medical Corps as Short Service Commissioned ( SSC ) Officer for a promising and challenging career.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens both male and female, who have passed their final MBBS examination in first or second attempt and completed internship for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army Medical Corps. Applicants who have taken more than two chances in final MBBS need not apply.
Vacancies : 300.
Qualification : The applicant must possess medical qualification included in First / Second Schedule or Part II of the Third Schedule of IMC Act 1956. The applicant must have permanent registration from any State Medical Council / MCI. Post graduate degree holders i.e. MD / MS / MCh / DM may also apply.
PG Degree in following subjects will be given preference :
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology,
- Respiratory Medicine.
Note : Candidates who will be completing internship by 30 Sep 2009 may also apply.
Age Limit : The candidate must not have attained 45 years of age on 31 Dec 2009.
Method of Selection : Eligible candidates will be called for interview by a Board of Officers in the month of Nov 2009 at Army Hospital ( Research & Referral ) New Delhi near Dhaula Kuan, Delhi Cantt. to assess their suitability and merit for grant of Short Service Commission in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The candidates appearing for interview for the first time will be paid to and fro sleeper-class railway / bus fare.
Employability : Being a Medical officer of Armed Forces Medical Services, the candidate on grant of commission is liable to be employed as per service requirement in any part of country or abroad, in Army, Navy or Air Force. They may have to work independently in the units allotted to them.
Emoluments : Doctors on commissioning in the Armed Forces Medical Services will be granted the rank of Captain ( or equivalent rank in Navy/Air Force ) in the scale of 15600-39100 plus Grade pay 6100/- plus Military Service Pay ( MSP ) 6000/-. Non-practicing allowance at the rate of 25% of the Basic Pay ( Pay + Grade Pay + MSP ) and Dearness Allowance ( total emolument at minimum of Pay Scale at the time of joining will be approximately 42000/-pm ). In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. PG degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of 1000/- p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days Annual Leave & 20 days Casual Leave in a year, Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ), free Medical Services for self & family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of 15 lakhs & Canteen Store Depot ( CSD ) facility etc.
Promotion for SSC Officer : SSC officers are eligible for promotion upto the rank of Major ( or equivalent rank in Navy / Air Force ) after four years of service as Capt and It Col ( or equivalent rank in Navy, Air Force ) after a total service of 11 years. A candidate who holds additional medical qualification of Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma ( MCI recognized ) prior to joining will be given antedate of seniority for three / two years respectively as per rules.
- For Fresh Candidates : The tenure of SSC officers is of 05 years, extendable by another 09 years in two spells first of 05 years and second of 04 years, for those who are willing to continue, subject to laid down eligibility criteria.
- For Ex AMC candidates :
- Candidates released from AMC service on expiry of initial contractual period of five years will only be- considered for grant of recommission in AMC for second tenure.
- Candidates released after expiry of 10 years of SSC service will not be considered for grant of recommission in AMC for second spell of four years of extendable tenure.
Note : Candidates already released from AMC service on resignation/premature retirement will not be considered for recommission in AMC.
Permanent Commission :
- On completion of 2 years service, SSC officers are eligible to apply for Departmental Permanent Commission ( DPC ) provided they have not attained the age as indicated below :
- MBBS – 30 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC.
- Diploma – 31 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC.
- Post Graduate – 35 years as on 31 Dec of the year of application for DPC.
- Selection of SSC officers for grant of Permanent Commission is decided by a Selection Board held in the office of DGAFMS, Ministry of Defence.
Provision for PG Course : An officer can apply for PG entrance examination after grant of Departmental Permanent Commission.
Promotion for Permanent Commissioned Officer Captain entry :
- Major – 4 years of reckonable commissioned service.
- Lt Col – 11 years of reckonable commissioned service.
- Col – By Selection( Approx. 20 to 22 years of service ).
- Brig – By Selection.
- Maj Gen – By Selection.
- I ! Gen – By Selection.
Physical & Medical Standards : Every candidate on his / her having been qualified in interview will be produced before a duly constituted Medical Board by DGAFMS for examining his or her medical fitness as per laid down standards.
How to Apply : Application on a good quality plain paper ( A4 size ) duly completed in all respects strictly on the prescribed proforma as per advertisement alongwith attested copies of required documents should reach latest by 21 Aug 2009. For intimation of date of interview one self addressed envelope ( without postage stamp ) will be sent by the candidates for correct postal delivery.
The Office of the Director General,
Armed Forces Medical Services/DG-1 A,
Ministry of Defence,
“M” Block, New Delhi 110001.
Fee : Application Processing Fee ( APF )
Candidates are required to enclose a non refundable Demand Draft of any Nationalised Bank for 200/- ( Two Hundred only ) payable at New Delhi in favour of the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services ( APF Fund ). Candidates should write name & address on the reverse of demand draft. It is required to ensure that the demand draft bears code number of issuing Bank.