Grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps 2009
1. Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps.
2. Total Number of Vacancies : 25
- Candidates must be BDS ( with minimum 55% marks in final year ) / MDS from a recognized College / University.
- Should have completed one year rotatory Internship by 30 Sep 09 recognized by Dental Council of India at the time of submission of application.
- Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificates valid at least upto 31 Dec 2009 at the time of interview.
- Less than 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2009.
4. Selection Procedure :
- Shortlisting for Interview : Candidates found eligible will be shortlisted based on their Final BDS marks and attempts taken. Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear before the Selection Board for interview only.
- Medical Examination : All the candidates who are provisionally placed on the merit list will be brought before a Medical Board for Medical Fitness.
The candidates on commissioning in Army Dental Corps will be granted the rank of Capt with Basic Pay of 17472 /- and placed in the pay scale PB – 3 ( 15600 – 39100 ).
They will be granted Grade Pay of6100 / – & Military Service Pay of 6000 / -. Non-practicing allowance at the rate of 25% of this Basic pay, Grade Pay & MSP ( total emoluments will be apprx45000 / – ).
In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. MDS degree holder will be eligible for PG allowance of 1000 / – p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure.
In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave & 20 days casual leave, LTC, free Medical facilities for self and family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of Rs.30 lakhs & unit CSD facility etc as per the existing rules.
SSC officers are eligible for promotion upto the rank of Lt Col. Permanent Commissioned officers are eligible for time scale promotion upto the rank of LT Col / Col ( TS ) thereafter upto the rank of Lt Gen by selection.
Candidates who hold three years MDS Degree will be eligible for three years antedate seniority. They will be promoted to the rank of Substantive Major on completion of 1½ years service whereas candidates with BDS Degree will be promoted after 4 ½ years.
The tenure is of 5 years extendable by another 9 years in two spells, first of 5 years and second of 4 years ( total SSC tenure 14 years ) for those who are willing to continue subject to laid down eligibility criteria.
However, on completion of 2 years service as SSC officer, they are eligible to apply for limited vacancy available for Departmental Permanent Commission provided they had not attained the age of 28 years on 31 Dec of the year of application after giving full weightage of SSC Service rendered ( 30 years for MDS Degree holders ).
8. Entitlement of Candidates
- Candidates appearing for the first time:
“To and fro” second class railway fare by Mail / Express train or actual cost of bus fare if the mode of travel is by bus.
- DA at prescribed rates for the days of halt at Delhi.
Candidates appearing for the second or subsequent time are not eligible for the above entitlement.
9. Whom to Apply : Candidates should apply to the following address on a plain paper giving particulars in the application form as given below so as to reach by 31st August 09
General Armed Forces Medical Services ( DGAFMS / DENTAL ),
Room No.9, ‘L’ Block,
Ministry of Defence,
New Delhi – 110001.
10. This Directorate General reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.