Date of SSC Lower Division ( Clerks ) Grade Exam : 23.03.2014
Closing Date for SSC Lower Division ( Clerks ) Grade Exam : 07.02.2014
Staff Selection Commission will hold on 23.03.2014 ( Sunday ) a Limited Departmental Competitive examination for recruitment to vacancies in Lower Division Grade reserved for regularly appointed Group “C” Staff in the Grade pay of the 1800/- in Lower Division Grade of the :
- Central Secretariat Clerical Service.
- Armed Forces Headquarters Clerical Service.
- Grade VI of the I.F.S. Branch “B” Clerical Service and
- Central Vigilance Commission Clerical Service and
- Ministry of Railway ( Railway Board ). Only eligible employees for each of the above cadres, will be considered for appointment in respective vacancies in the cadres. The Staff Selection Commission examination will be held at New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Allahabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Guwahati Chandigarh and Raipur in accordance with the enclosed Rules ( Annexure – II ) published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India vide notification dated 08.11.2010. There will be no centre at any Indian Mission abroad. A candidate serving at an Indian Mission abroad will have to appear in SSC Clerks Grade examination 2014 from any of the Staff Selection Commission Examination Centre mentioned above at his / her own expense.
2. Number of SSC Clerks Grade Vacancies 2014 : The number of SSC Clerk Grade vacancies 2014 to be filled up on the basis of SSC Clerks Grade Limited Departmental examination will be as per vacancies to be intimated to the Staff Selection Commission by each of the Cadre Authority participating in SSC Clerks Grade examination.
3. Condition of SSC Clerks Eligibility 2014 : Any permanent or regularly appointed Group “C” employees in the grade pay of 1800 in any of the above mentioned Services / Cadres will be eligible to appear for SSC vacancies 2014 existing only in their respective Service / Ministry / and who satisfy the following conditions shall be eligible to appear in the Staff Selection Commission Clerks Grade examination.
- Educational Qualification : As on 01.01.2014 the candidate must have passed 12th Standard examination from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Note : Candidates who do not possess at least the minimum education qualification as on 01.01.2014 are not eligible for applying for the SSC examination.
- Length of Service : As on 01.01.2014 the candidates must have rendered not less than three years regular service as a Group – C employee with Grade pay of 1800.
Note I : A Group “C” employee with Grade Pay of 1800/- who is on deputation to ex-cadre post with the approval of the competent authority shall be eligible to be admitted to the SSC Clerks Grade examination, if otherwise eligible.
Note II : A Group “C” employee with Grade Pay of 1800/- who has been appointed to an Ex-Cadre post or to another service on transfer and continues to have a lien in the said Grade “C” post for the time being shall also be eligible to be admitted to the Staff Selection Commission examination, if otherwise eligible.
- Age Limit : Not more than 45 years of age on 01.01.2014. This age limit is relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years for SC / ST candidates. Provided that the upper age limit for SSC 2014 may be relaxed in respect of such categories of the persons as may be notified from time to time in his behalf by the Central Government to the extent and subject to the conditions notified in respect of each category.
4. Selection of centre and address to which application to be sent : A candidate must select only one of the SSC centres mentioned in para – 1 above for appearing in the written part of the SSC examination. Request for change of Staff Selection Commission examination centre will not be allowed under any circumstances. Candidate must send his / her application to the following address through the Head of his / her Department / Office where he / she is working so as to reach the Staff Selection Commission by the stipulated Closing Date ( 07.02.2014 ).
The Regional Director ( NR ),
Staff Selection Commission,
Block No. 12, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110 504,
Note I : Cadre Authorities participating in the SSC examination must forward the duly completed application form of the concerned candidate to the Staff Selection Commission before the closing date ( 07.02.2014 ) stipulated in the Notice. Applications forwarded by any Cadre Authority after the closing date ( 07.02.2014 ) will not be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission, such application for SSC Clerks Grade if received by the Staff Selection Commission will be rejected forthwith.
Note II : In case, the Staff Selection Commission receives less than ten applications from eligible candidates for appearing in the SSC Clerks Grade examination from a particular centre, such candidates may be directed by the Staff Selection Commission to appear from the Delhi Centre at their own expenses and risk.