Western Railway Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Station Master, Goods Guard
Two Stage Online Application for General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE)
Western Railway Online application are invited from the regular employees of Western Railway for filling up of following posts (25% vacancies against Direct Recruitment quota) in PB-15200-20200 with Grade Pay 2800/- as per vacancies indicated below :
|Cat No.||Posts||Educational Qualification||Medical Classification||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Training Period|
|1||Assistant Station Master||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent||Aye- Two||109||33||16||59||217||Below one year|
|2||Goods Guard||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent||Aye- Two||86||26||16||46||171||Below one year|
Regular Railway employees of Western Railway who are working in grades lower than the above notified posts i.e. who are working in PB-I with GP 1800/-, 1900/-, 2000/-, 2400/- are eligible to apply online for the above posts at RRC-Western Railway’s website www.rrc-wr.com. RPF personnel are not eligible to apply for GDCE in terms of Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I/2002/PM2/9 dated. 11-08-2003.
Western Railway GDCE Exam Age Limit 2016 : Age will be reckoned as on 01-07-2016. The Date of Birth of the candidates should be between the dates shown below ( Both dates inclusive )
|Age Group||Upper Date of Birth||Lower Date
|18 to 42||18 to 45||18 to 47|
Proof of Age :
- Birth Certificate issued by appropriate authority or
- Matric / SSC / SSLC certificate or mark sheet indicating Date of Birth issued by Board or
- School leaving / Transfer certificate issued by Schools / College Authority.
Western Railway GDCE Exam 2016 Educational Qualification : Candidate should have Degree from recognised University or its equivalent including degree obtained through non formal / distance education provided he/she has completed 12 years of schooling through an Examination conducted by a Board / University OR has passed an entrance Test conducted by the University AND is not below 18 years of age on 1st July of the year of admission to the course AND the degree so obtained is of 3 years duration as on the date of submission of the online application. Those awaiting results of the final examination need Not apply.
Western Railway GDCE Exam Important Dates :
- Opening Date & Time for Western Railway Online Registration & Filling of Application : 6th May, 2016 10.00 A.M.
- Closing Date & Time for Western Railway Online Registration & Filling of Application : 6th June, 2016 6.00 A.M.
How to Apply for Western Railway GDCE 2016 : Eligible Western Railway employee may apply Online through website www.rrc-wr.com
- Candidates are required to go to the link provided for filling Online application and fill up the personal details / BIO-DATA carefully. They are also required to exercise their preference for posts.
- Candidates should ensure that their Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth match with the entries recorded in Matriculation or equivalent certificate.
- Candidates are advised to indicate their personal mobile no. and personal valid e-mail IDs in the Online application and keep them active during the entire recruitment process for communicating them.
- Candidates are further advised to visit website of RRC frequently to get the latest information or any changes about this notification. The communication with the candidates will be made through SMS & e-mail only. Candidates are advised to provide only their own Mobile number / e-mail ID so that they receive such communication.
- A colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5cm (not older than three months from the date of application) with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses should be uploaded. The photo should be only in JPEG format-100 DPI. The size of the uploaded photograph should be upto 70 kb. Candidates may note that RRC may at any stage, reject the application for uploading old/unclear photo along with online application or for any significant variations between photographs uploaded along with online application and physical appearance of the candidate. Candidates are advised to bring one copy of the same photograph along with Hall Ticket/e–Call Letter and original valid Photo ID at the time of examination. They are also advised to keep 3 copies of the same photograph for further use.
- During submission of Western Railway Online application, a Unique Registration Number will be generated and issued to each candidate. Candidates are advised to preserve / note their Registration Number for further stages of recruitment process / correspondence.
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to submit Online application much before the closing date.
- Candidate should obtain at least 3 printouts of the applications.
- After obtaining the printout he should affix Left Hand Thumb Impression at the prescribed space and copy the given paragraph in his own handwriting at the space provided.
- He should enclose required enclosures as stated in Para-8 with the application and submit the application in duplicate to his Controlling Officer latest by 10.06.2016 failing which candidature will be cancelled.
Steps to Submit Western Railway GDCE Exam Online Application :
- Visit the website of RRC-WR i.e. www.rrc-wr.com
- Click on the “Online/E-Appplication” link.
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Fill in the basic details viz. Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Community, e-mail Address and Mobile number. On submission of required details an e-mail will be received in the registered e-mail ID. Open inbox of your registered e-mail and click on the link received to proceed further.
- Login using the Registration number & password sent in the e-mail.
- Follow the instructions and complete the registration process step-by-step.
- Upload your scanned recent colour photograph ( of size 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm, upto 70kb,100 DPI,ONLY JPEG format ) and scanned signature ( of size 3.0 cm X 6.0 cm, upto 30kb size ONLY JPEG format ).
- Submit the application. Take 3 copies of print out.
- For detailed procedure of Online application refer to the e-help link provided on the RRC website.
Community Certificate :
- SC/ST Candidates : Candidates claiming to belong to SC / ST communities are required to submit Community Certificate from the Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
- OBC Candidates :
- Candidates claiming to belong to Other Backward Classes are required to submit Community Certificate from the Competent Authority in the prescribed format. This Certificate should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to the persons / sections ( Creamy layer ).
- Candidates claiming to belong to Other Backward Classes are also required to submit a self declaration in the prescribed format
Note : Candidates applying against reserved vacancies ( SC/ST/OBC ) and/or seeking age relaxation must submit requisite caste certificate in the prescribed format from the competent authority. Otherwise, their claim for reservation status (SC/ST/OBC) will not be entertained and the candidature / application of such candidates, if fulfilling all the eligibility conditions for General ( Un-reserved ) category, will be considered under General (UR) vacancy only.
Western Railway GDCE Written Examination 2016 :
- Single examination will be conducted for both the posts. One merit list will be formed for both the posts and therefore the candidates should Indicate The Order Of preference for both the posts.
- Examinations will be conducted Online or Offline ( i.e through OMR ). It will be informed through RRC website separately. Therefore, candidates should regularly visit RRC website www.rrc-wr.com
- Western Railway Question Paper shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi & Gujarati.
- Western Railway Written examination will be of the level of RRB examination of these categories i.e NTPC Graduate Quota ( Non Technical Popular Category Graduate Quota ). The standard of questions for examinations will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning. The Question paper will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.
- There shall be negative marking and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
Western Railway GDCE Exam Aptitude Test : Candidates who will be eligible for the post of ASM as per their merit, will have to undergo prescribed Aptitude Test. For Aptitude Test details, they are advised to visit website of RDSO (www.rdso.indianrailways.gov.in).
Western Railway 2016 Processing of Applications :
- Controlling Officer will forward all the applications in duplicate to respective Sr.DPO / DPO or respective Establishment officer by 24-06-2016.
- It is the responsibility of Division / Units to scrutinize the applications as per the eligibility criteria prescribed in the Notification.
- List of eligible candidates should be prepared by the divisions/units. List of Eligible candidates (Soft and Hard copy), along with one copy of the applications should be forwarded to RRC-WR latest by 11-07-2016.
- No applications will be entertained in RRC office directly from the candidate.
- Applications received from Division / Unit after 11-07-2016 to RRC office will not be entertained.
- One copy of the application with consolidated list should be maintained in the division / unit office for any future reference.
- List of eligible candidates will be notified on RRC website.
- Mode of examination will be notified on RRC website.
- Call letter for the written examination will be issued Online.
For any legal issues arising out of this Employment Notice, the Jurisdiction shall be under Hon’ble Central Administrative Tribunal, Mumbai only.
Railway Recruitment Cell’s Decision Final : The decision of RRC-WR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), allotment of examination centre, allotment of posts / places to selected candidates and all other matters related with conduct of recruitment process will be final and binding on the candidates, and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.