Southern Railway Recruitment 2015 for Safety Counsellor
Sub : Filling up of the posts of Safety Counsellor ( Loco ) – Ex.Cadre in pay band 2 9300 – 34800 with Grade pay 4200/- in Electrical ( Running ) of SA Division – reg.
1. One vacancy ( UR ) for the post of Safety Counsellor ( Loco ) in pay band 2 of 9300 – 34800 with Grade pay 4200/- is available in Electrical ( Running ) Department of Salem Division.
2. The post of Safety Counsellor ( Loco ) is on ex-cadre post and tenure is 4 years. The post is a selection post consisting of written examination and perusal of record of service.
3. It is proposed to fill up the above post.
4. Volunteers from amongst the eligible serving employees those are fulfilling the following service conditions are called for
- In the equivalent grade i.e. those who are working in pay band 2 of 9300 – 34800 with Grade pay 4200/- or one grade below i.e. pay band 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade pay 2400/-. Degree / Diploma is preferable qualification.
- Practical experience and special aptitude for safety and counselling works. ( This would be judged from their entire service record ).
- Minimum experience of 5 years in the field on the date of issue of the notification.
5. Volunteers who fulfill the above eligibility conditions may submit the application in the prescribed proforma ( enclosed as annexure A ) to the concern supervisory officials on or before 20.02.2015. The concerned supervisory official should forward the same in bunch to this office on or before 23.02.2015. If, there is no volunteers a nil statement has be sent to this office.
6. The Southern Railway Safety Counsellor written examination 2015 will consist of one paper in professional ability as per syllabus enclosed. The qualifying marks are as under :
|Sl.No.||Description||Maximum marks||Qualifying marks|
|2.||Record of Service||15||9|
7. The selection will be finalized entirely on merit as per the instructions contained in RBE No. 113/2009 dated 19.06.2009 circulated vide PBC No. 121/2009 dated 07.07.2009 and PBC No. 54/2012 dated 18.04.2012 issued by CPO/MAs.
8. In the Southern Railway Safety Counsellor written examination, about 50% ( in the range of 45% to 55% ) of marks will be objective type questions as per RBE No. 123/2006 dated 30.08.2006 and the Syllabus of the written examination for the post of Safety Counsellor ( Loco ) ( Ex.cadre ) is given below.
9. The question for about 10% of total marks allotted for written test will be an official language policy and rules. The questions on official language policy and the rules may not, however, be compulsory.
10. Volunteers are permitted to write the examination in Regional Language ( i.e., Tamil ), as per the Rly. Bd.’s letter No. E ( NG ) 1-90/PM/1/41 of 08.07.1992, subject to specifically submit their option to write examination in regional language.
11. Wide publicity of Southern Railway Safety Counsellor notification should be given to all the eligible staff under your control including those who are on deputation, leave / sick. Representations / applications received beyond the target date will not be entertained and the same should be disposed of at the unit level rejecting them on account of late receipt.
12. There will be no supplementary written examination as this being calling volunteers.
13. Please note that the last date viz., 20.02.2015 is sacrosanct.
Syllabus for the Ex.Cadre Post of Safety Counsellor ( Loco ) in pay band 2 of 9300 – 34800 with grade pay 4200/-
- Organization of Shed.
- Rest rules for running staff.
- Rg. Allowances and various allowances permissible for staff.
- Organization of Crew booking office and various registers to be maintained there.
- Action to be taken in the event of accident, ordering of BD and MRV specials.
- Loads fixed for passenger and goods trains sectional ruling gradients.
- MPRT & BRT – Speed of trains and assess time loss.
- Safety checks to be done on the locomotive and with crew.
- Steps to be taken to minimize payment of OT and cases of exceeding 10 hours at a stretch.
- Examination of Locos.
- All general rules pertaining to drivers and the rules for working trains during total interruption. Single line working on double line etc.
- Various authorities to proceed and procedure to work trains during black failures.
- Defective signals and procedures to pass such defective signals.
- Train protection – duties of drives during an accident and train partings.
- Speed Restriction – various indicators – caution order.
- Driver’s Equipments.
- Drivers duty when automatic signal is “On” and precautions after passing automatic signal at “On.”
- Precautions to be observed by drivers when overflow ballast level below rail level above rail level and at cause ways when water flows above flat bar.
- Provision of head lights and classification lights – procedure to be followed when Head Light fails en-route.
- Official Language policy & rules.