Southern Railway Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Loco Pilot
Sub : Filling up the posts of Assistant Loco Pilot ( ALP ) in pay band 5200 – 20200 with Grade pay 1900 against 50% promotional quota earmarked for lateral induction from maintenance staff of Diesel & Electric Loco Sheds in Electrical ( Running ) department.
- Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-90/PM7/34 dated 02.12.2005 ( RBE No.209/2005 ).
- Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-2006/PM7/6 dated 22.09.2006 ( RBE No. 138/2006 ).
1. It is proposed to conduct a selection for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot ( ALP ) in pay band 01 of 5200 – 20200 with grade pay 1900/- against 50% PRQ earmarked for Lateral Induction from Maintenance staff of Diesel & Electrical Sheds in Electrical ( Running ) Department of Salem Division, for the vacancies as detailed below :
SC : 05, ST : 02, UR : 25, Total : 32.
2. Volunteers are called for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot from amongst the staff as detailed below :
- Technician Grade III in Diesel / Electric Loco Sheds having three years of service as Technician Grade III in the Diesel / Electric Loco Sheds failing which Technician Grade III in Diesel / Electric Loco sheds having less than 3 years of service but total service of 6 years in Diesel / Electric Loco sheds having educational qualification of matriculation or matriculation with ITI as an additional preferable qualification. ( As ITI in the relevant trade is an additional qualification, matriculates without ITI in relevant trade can also apply. )
- Helpers in Diesel / Electric Loco Sheds with a total service of 6 years in Diesel / Electric Loco Sheds course completed act apprentices in the electrical / mechanical / electronics trade or matriculation with ITI in the electrical / mechanical / electronics trades. ( As ITI in the relevant trade is an additional qualification, matriculates without ITI in relevant trade can also apply ).
Note : In the event of sufficient number of staff as at 2 (i) above not volunteering then only, staff volunteering in response to 2 (ii) in the order of priority will be considered for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot to make good the shortfall.
3. The volunteers should not be above 35 years of age as on 12.02.2015 i.e., date on notification. 40 years in case of staff belonging to SC / ST.
4. Volunteers who fulfill the above eligibility conditions may submit the application in the prescribed proforma, which is enclosed as annexure ‘A’ along with attested copy of the educational qualification certificate ( from SSLC onwards ) to concern should forward the same in a bunch to this office on or before 16.03.2015. If, there is no volunteers a ‘Nil’ statement has be sent to this office.
5. The selection will be on basis of Southern Railway ALP written examination, aptitude test and assessment of record of service. The Southern Railway Assistant Loco Pilot written examination will consist of one paper in professional ability as per syllabus enclosed. The qualifying marks for Southern Railway ALP Exam are as under :
|Sl.No.||Description||Maximum marks||Qualifying marks|
|2.||Record of Service||15||9|
6. Volunteers who have passed in the Southern Railway ALP written examination, have to undergo medical examination for aye one medical classification and those found fit in aye one only will be considered for aptitude test and who are qualified in the same will be placed on the panel for the post of ALP against 50% PRQ.
7. The Southern Railway Assistant Loco Pilot selection will be finalized entirely on merit as per the instructions contained in RBE No. 113/2009 dated 19.06.2009 circulated vide PBC No. 121/2009 dated 07.07.2009 and PBC No. 54/2012 dated 18.04.2012 issued by CPO/MAS.
8. Those who will be placed in the panel for the post of ALP will be sent for prescribed mandatory training course and those, who successfully complete the training will only be promoted as ALP in pay band 01 of 5200 – 20200 with grade pay 1900/- against 50% PRQ earmarked for lateral induction from maintenance staff of Diesel & Electric Loco Sheds in Electrical ( Running ) Department and those who fail in the training will be sent back to their parent cadre.
9. During the Southern Railway ALP training period, the volunteers will continue to receive the pay and allowances of the post from which they were selected.
10. Syllabus of the written examination for the post of Assistant Loco Pilot against 50% PRQ is enclosed as annexure ‘B’. In the written examination, about 50% ( in the range of 45% to 55% ) of marks will be objective type questions as per RBE No. 123/2006 dated 30.08.2006 and the question for about 10% of total marks allotted for written test will be an official language policy and rules. The questions on official language policy and the rules may not, however, be compulsory.
11. Volunteers are permitted to write the examination in the Regional Language ( i.e., Tamil ), as per the Rly. Bd.’s letter No. E (NG) 1-90/PM1/41 of 08.07.1992. The post of ALP, the knowledge of English is essential. Hence, one part of questions from Language of English and other portions may desire to write the examination in Regional Language ( i.e., Tamil ).
12. Wide publicity of Southern Railway ALP notification should be given to all the eligible staff under your control including those who are on deputation, leave / sick. Representations / applications received beyond the target date will not be entertained and the same should be disposed off at the unit level rejecting them on account of late receipt.
13. There will be no supplementary written examination as this being calling volunteers.
14. Please note that the last date viz., 12.03.2015 is sacrosanct.
Syllabus for the Written Examination for the Post of ALP against 50% PRQ earmarked by Lateral Induction
- Should be able to read and write in English and comprehend instructions, circulars etc.
- Basic Knowledge of working of Diesel / Electric Locomotives.
- Basic knowledge of various components of Diesel / Electrical locomotives and maintenance procedure of various sub-assemblies of the Diesel / Electrical locomotives.
- Fuel Efficiency in Diesel / Electrical Locomotives and various types of oils used etc.,
- Official Language policy & rules.