South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 for Trackman, Helper, Porter and Safaiwala
|RRC South Western Railway Application Issue Date : 28.09.2013|
|RRC South Western Railway Application Last Date : 28.10.2013|
|For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date and time for receiving of application is 12.11.2013 up to 17.00 hrs.|
Open Market Recruitment to posts in Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/-
Railway Recruitment Cell, South Western Railway, Hubli invites applications from the eligible Indian Nationals and such other candidates declared eligible by the Government of India to fill up the following posts in Pay Band of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1800/- in various Divisions, Workshops of South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory, Yalahanka.
Candidates to note that all the zonal railways are likely to issue notification for recruitment to the posts individually and the written examination will be held simultaneously by the Zonal Railways on the same day.
|Cat.No||Name of the post||Department||No. of vacancies||Medical Standard|
|SC||ST||OBC||UR||Total||OH||VH||HH||Ex - SM|
|1||Trackman||Engineering||92||45||164||320||621||Not identified for PWD||110||B - I|
|2||Helper / TMO||Engineering||23||8||14||59||104||01||01||01||21||B - I|
|OA, BL, OL||LV||HH|
|3||Helper Bridge / Engineering||Engineering||0||0||0 ||1||1||Not identified for PWD||0||B - I|
|4||Helper P.Way / Engineering||Engineering||2||1||4||6||13||Not identified for PWD||3||B - I|
|5||Helper / Works / Engineering||Engineering||8||4||14||36||62||04||03||05||11||B - 1|
|OA, BL, OL||LV||HH|
|6||Helper / Civil Engineering ( RWF )||Engineering||3||1||4||8||16||00||01||01||3||C - 1|
|7||Helper / Mechanical ( C & W )||Mechanical||9||5||83||32||129||02||01||02||26||B - 1|
|OA, BL, OL||LV||HH|
|8||Helper / Dsl / Mechanical Wing||Mechanical||0||0||3||0||3||01||0||0||1||B - 1|
|OA, BL, OL||-||-|
|9||Helper / Dsl / Electrical Wing||Diesel Shed||0||0||0||6||6||01||01||0||1||B - 1|
|OA, BL, OL||LV||-|
|10||Helper / Electrical||Electrical||8||3||15||29||55||02||00||01||11||B - 1|
|OA, BL, OL||-||HH|
|Helper / Electrical ( RWF )||1||0||1||2||4||Not identified for PWD||1||C - 1|
|11||Helper / S&T||Signal & Telecom||8||4||15||28||55||00||01||01||11||B - 1|
|Helper / S&T ( RWF )||0||1||0||1||2||Not identified for PWD||0||C - 1|
|12||Helper / Stores ( RWF )||Stores||1||0||2||3||6||0||01||0||1||C - 1|
|13||Porter / Hamal / Sweeper cum Porter Operating||Operating||23||12||42||78||155||Not identified for PWD||31||A - II|
|14||Safaiwala / Medical||Medical||9||5||17||31||62||03||05||02||13||C - I|
|15||Helper / Mechanical / WS||Workshops||1||1||1||2||5||00||00||01||1||C - 1|
- South Western Railway RRC Vacancies indicated above are only tentative and are subject to change.
- South Western Railway RRC Vacancies of PWD ( PH Quota ) / Ex-servicemen quota are not separate but included in the total no. of vacancies. Therefore, there will be no separate Recruitment against PWD Quota / Ex-Servicemen Quota and it will be conducted simultaneously.
- The South Western Railway RRC Vacancies reserved for SC / ST / OBC / PWD are as per prescribed requirement in the respective categories.
1. Minimum Educational Qualifications for South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 :
Candidates should possess qualification of pass in 10th or ITI or equivalent. Candidates who are appearing or awaiting results of the final examinations of 10th / ITI or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply.
2. Age Limit for South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 : The normal age ( in completed years ) for the SWR RRC recruitment is between 18 – 33 years reckoned as on 01.01.2014. The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
- By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST communities.
- By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
- By 5 years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
- For Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) – 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC / ST candidates.
- For the serving Railway Staff, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ).
- For those working in Quasi – Administrative offices of the Railway Organization, the relaxation will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum 5 years.
- Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from the husband but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
- Upper age limit in case of course completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts whose minimum qualification is Course completed Act Apprenticeship shall be relaxed to the extent of apprentice training undergone by them under the Apprenticeship Act 1961.
- For Ex – servicemen upto the extent of service rendered in defence forces ( Army, Navy & Airforce ) plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-servicemen who have already joined the Government Service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment and such persons will be deemed to be civil employees and accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age etc., as admissible to the civil employees.
3. South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 Examination Fee :
- The SWR RRC examination fee for UR and OBC candidates is 100/- ( Rupees Hundred Only ). Candidates belonging to SC / ST, Ex-Servicemen, Women, Minority Community and Economically Weaker Sections and Persons with Disability ( PWD ) are fully exempted from payment of examination fees. The candidates belonging to SC / ST, Economically Weaker Sections, Minority community and PWD have to produce certificate in format at Annexure – I, V, VI & IV respectively.
- The South Western Railway RRC Examination fee should be paid only in the form of IPO from any Post Office drawn in favour of Asst.Personnel Officer / Rectt / SWR / UBL and payable at Hubli. Validity of IPO should not be less than six months.
- Applications received with Demand Drafts / Cash / Cheque / Central Recruitment stamps or Money order etc will be rejected and the amount will be forfeited. Only IPOs will be accepted.
- IPOs issued before the date of issue of Employment Notice ( i.e. 28.09.2013 ) will not be accepted and such applications will be rejected and the amount will forfeited.
- The candidates are advised to write their name and address on the original IPO and enclose it with the application form. The details of IPO may be written in column 15 of the application form. RRC South Western Railway Examination fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
- Minorities means Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of examination fee, Minority candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in annexure – VI along with application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
- Economically backward classes means the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. Such candidates have to submit Income Certificate in the format at annexure – V on the letter head of the issuing authority and enclose with the application.
4. Persons With Disabilities ( PWD )
- The suitability of a post for persons with disability has been indicated against each post.
- Definitions of Disabilities :
- Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions viz.i) Total absence of sight or ii) visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses or iii) limitation of the field of vision subtending at an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Low Vision : ‘persons with low vision’ means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
- HH : “Hearing impairment” means loss of 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
- OH :
- Locomotor Disability means the disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy means a group of non – progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal or infant period of development
- All the cases of orthopedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of “Locomotor disability or Cerebral Palsy”
- Degree of disability for reservation : Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services / posts who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format as shown in Annexure IV.
- Competent Authority to Issue a Disability Certificate : The competent authority to issue a Disability Certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central / State Government consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be.
- Visually impaired candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe the candidate will have to suitably inform the Railway Recruitment Cell in advance as per Annexure III. The engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions :i) The candidates will have to arrange their own scribes at their own cost during examination. Separate admit cards will be issued to the scribes accompanying the visually handicapped candidates. Admit card should contain the particulars and photograph of the scribe duly signed by him / her.
ii) The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post for which recruitment is made.
iii) The scribe can be of any academic discipline if the recruitment is for general post. If the recruitment is for a specialized post, he / she should be from a discipline different from that of a candidate.
iv) The candidate as well as the Scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking in the proforma at Annexure III along with the application confirming that the Scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case it transpires later, that he / she did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of examination. The visually handicapped shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of scribe brought by him / her. The undertaking should be submitted by the visually handicapped candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral palsy along with his / her application.
- All one eyed candidates and VH candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as VH persons and the provision for engaging Scribe shall not be applicable to them.
- All selected candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway Medical Authority at the time of appointment and only those confirming to the medical standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions as the case may be will only be eligible for appointment.
5. South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 Application :
- Candidate should submit the applications in the format annexed to this Notification.
- The application should be on good quality A-4 size paper ( 80GSM ) using one side only. News paper cuttings should not be used as applications.
- Candidates should ensure that application on a single sheet conforming to the above specifications. The candidates can also download the application format from the website : www.rrchubli.in Candidates using printed application form from any other sources should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format.
- Candidates ( including all Physically Handicapped candidates ) should fill up the application form in his / her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
- Photographs : one recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) colour passport size photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap, scarf and sun glasses should be pasted on the application form in the space provided. One identical extra colour pass port size photograph should be enclosed with the application indicating candidates name and date of birth on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates may note that RRC may reject the candidature at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted on the application and actual physical appearance of the candidate.
- Candidates should tick (√ ) mark their community in the appropriate box at column No.5 of the application. The candidates with Physical Disability shall tick ( √ ) mark in column No.12 of the application form.
- The candidate should fill the column No.6 of the application form in English only indicating his address with pin code, even though application is in Hindi. The candidates belonging to SC / ST communities should fill the nearest Railway Station for the purpose of issuing free Railway pass in column No.3.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities should produce a community certificate in the format given in Annexure I of South Western Railway RRC Notification.
- Candidates belonging to OBC community should produce a latest community certificate in the format given in Annexure II of RRC South Western Railway notification.
- The candidates seeking age relaxation under any category as mentioned at para 2 above shall tick ( √ ) in the appropriate box in the column No.13 of the application form.
- Candidates who have already been debarred for life from appearing in all he examinations conducted by the Railway Recruitment Boards / Railway Recruitment Cells or those who have been debarred for a specified period which is yet to be over are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should send their applications sufficiently in advance to reach this office on or before the closing date. Railway Recruitment Cell / SWR will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery of applications.
- The candidates should copy the declaration at column No.17 of the application form in his / her own handwriting ( not in capital letters ). Otherwise their applications will be rejected.
- The candidates should put their left hand thumb impression at the designated box in the application form. The thumb impression must be clear and complete. Applications without / smudged left hand thumb impression will be summarily rejected.
- In item No.14 of the application form the candidate should indicate any clear / visible marks of identification on their body like ‘a mole on the nose ( or ) cut mark on the forehead’, etc. The application form of the candidate is liable to be rejected if he / she does not indicate identification marks.
6. To Whom to Apply for South Western Railway RRC Application 2013 :
- Applications complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the Assistant Personnel officer / Recruitment, Railway Recruitment Cell, Hubli or applications can also be dropped in the box kept at the above mentioned address on or before the closing date and time.
- On the envelope containing the application it should be clearly been written “Application for Erstwhile Group D Posts – Grade Pay 1800/-, employement notice no. 02/2013.
- Only One Application : Each candidate should send only one application. Candidates submitting multiple applications will not be considered. Even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he / she will not be offered appointment later on.
7. South Western Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 Mode of Selection :
- The recruitment procedure for SWR RRC consists of written examination followed by Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) and Medical Examination. The same procedure will also be applicable for Ex – Servicemen candidates.
- RRC SWR Written Examination 2013 : Written examination for South Western Railway RRC Recruitment will consist of objective type multiple choice question paper of 100 marks based on 10th class standard to assess the general knowledge / awareness / mathematics / reasoning etc. The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes ( 1 ½ hours ).
- The question paper will be printed in Hindi and English and also in the following regional languages – Kannada, Telugu, Marathi, Urdu, Tamil and Konkani.
- Negative Marking : There will be negative marking for marking wrong answers. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The minimum qualifying marks for UR will be 40% and for SC / ST / OBC it will be 30%.
- A separate call letter indicating date, time and venue will be sent to all the eligible candidates for written examination.
- Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) : Passing Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) is Mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion is as under :
Male Candidates Female Candidates Should be able to run a distance of 1000 metres in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance. Should be able to run a distance of 400 metres in 3 minutes and 10 seconds in one chance.
- The Persons with Disabilities as specified in para 4 are exempted from appearing for PET. However after qualifying in the written examination such candidates will have to pass the medical examination prescribed for Persons with Disabilities so that they can be empanelled.
- The candidates who qualify in the PET will be called for the verification of the original certificates based on the merit of the written examination depending on the number of vacancies.
- The final recruitment panel will be strictly based on merit position obtained in written examination.
8. General Conditions :
- Candidates before applying should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he / she fulfills all eligibility conditions at the time of submission of applications.
- The number of vacancies shown in this notification are provisional and the same is liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the administration.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in south western Railway.
- Emoluments on initial appointment will be at minimum of the Pay Band + Grade Pay + other allowances as admissible.
- Mere selection and empanelment does not confer any right of appointment to the candidates.
- Admission of the candidate at all stages of recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed conditions.
- Railway Recruitment Cell reserves the right to alter the modus of examinations or conduct re-PET / re-examination or cancel part or whole of any process of recruitment at any stage.
- Under any circumstances no damage / loss or re-fund of examination fee will be made.
- Medical Examination : The eligible candidates have to pass the requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Only those candidates who are medically fit would be empanelled for appointment.
- RRC / SWR / UBL will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery, whatsoever, at any stage of the selection process.
9. Enclosure to the RRC SWR Railway Application 2013 : Candidates enclose self – attested photocopies of the relevant certificates as mentioned below. Original certificates should not be enclosed.
- Indian Postal Order towards examination fee, as applicable.
- Certificates in proof of the Date of Birth. Only 10th or school leaving certificate will be accepted.
- Certificates in proof of educational / technical qualifications.
- Community certificates for candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC communities.
- Physical Disability Certificate for candidates in case of PH candidate.
- Income certificate for economically backward classes candidates availing fee concession.
- Self – declaration for candidates belonging to minority communities availing fee concession.
- For Ex-servicemen, a photo copy of the discharge certificate / book with clear mentioning of the Total Military Service in the specified column.
- For Ex-servicemen who are retiring in the next one year from the date of notification or before have to submit “No objection Certificate” with clear mentioning of the Total Military Service.
- In case of Government Servants, attested copy of certificate from the appropriate authority giving their length of regular service etc.,
- No objection certificate from the employer, if already employed.
Abbreviations Used :
SC – Scheduled Caste; ST – Scheduled Tribe; OBC – Other Backward Classes; UR – Un reserved; VH – Visually Handicapped; HH – Hearing Handicapped; OH – Orthopedically Handicapped; LV – Low Vision; OL – One Leg; OA – One Armed man; BL – Both Legged; TMO – Track Machine Organization; RWF – Rail Wheel Factory.