South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 for Ticket Examiner
South Western Railway,
Sub : Selection for filling up the Group C post of Ticket Examiner in PB 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- ( GP ) in Commercial Department against 16 2/3% ( LDCE ).
It is proposed to hold a selection for filling up the Group C post of Ticket Examiner in PB 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- GP in Commercial Department against 16 2/3% LDCE as per RBE.No.161/09 dated 03.09.09 and 81/10 of 07.06.2010.
The details of which are as follows :
Date of Assessment of Vacancies : 22.01.2015.
Number of Vacancies : SC = Nil, ST = 01, UR = 11, Total = 12.
The eligibility conditions to appear for this selection are :
1. All erstwhile staff of group D cadres ( excluding office cadre such as peons, farash etc. ) now in Grade Pay of 1800 in Pay Band – I ) of Commercial and Operating Department who have put in a minimum 02 years of continuous service, as on 05.02.2015 and possessing educational qualification of matriculation or equivalent are eligible to appear for group D to group C departmental selection for filling up of vacancies of Ticket Examiners ( erstwhile Ticket Collectors ). The conditions of two years shall be computed on 05.02.2015.
The erstwhile catering staff group D who have not been absorbed in other cadres are also eligible. Only those categories of staff who are eligible to be considered for promotion to the Group C service of Ticket Examiner category in Commercial Department as per the extant rules will be eligible to appear for the selection.
2. The scheme of SWR Ticket Examiner selection 2015 is as per the syllabus shown as under :
- The selection will consist of SWR Ticket Examiner Written Examination for 100 marks for a duration of 03 hrs.
- Working knowledge in English Language.
- General standard of intelligence and proficiency through questions in Arithmetic’s and General Knowledge pertaining to Railway matters related to the work.
- There shall be a question on Official Language Policy and Rules to the extent of 10% of the total marks allotted.
3. Those employees who are eligible in terms of the conditions stipulated above as on 05.02.2015 should submit their applications in the prescribed proforma enclosed as “Annexure A”. SWR Ticket Examiner Applications 2015 in the prescribed proforma should be submitted to the Supervisory Officials concerned which should be consolidated and sent to this office under covering letter duly indicating total number of applications and names in a cover addressed to Assistant Personnel Officer ( Traffic ), Personnel Branch, S.W.Rly. Hubli to reach this office on or before 09.03.2015
4. There will be only one written test and no supplementary test will be held subsequently.
5. Representations / Complaints regarding loss / non-receipt of applications are not entertained in any case unless acknowledgement obtained from this office is produced.
6. SWR Ticket Examiner Applications not fulfilling the conditions or which are incomplete or which are beyond the prescribed date will not be considered. If there are no volunteers, a ‘Nil’ report should be sent to this office.
7. Absorption of successful candidates is subject to passing of Promotional course at MDRTI / DWR to qualify as Ticket Examiner. Employees selected should be prepared to be posted at any station on the Division.
Please note and notify the staff concerned accordingly and acknowledge the receipt proforma of application is enclosed.
Supervisory Official should give wide publicity of this notification duly exhibiting on notice board without fail.