South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 for Technician Grade III ( Power Lighting )
South Western Railway,
All concerned supervisory officials
Electrical department, Hubli Division.
Sub : Filling up of South Western Railway vacancies of skilled post against 25% LDCE quota in Technician Grade III ( Power Lighting ) in Pay Band + Grade Pay 5200-20200 + 1900 ( GP ) – Electrical dept. / UBL Division.
It is proposed to fill up the SWR vacancies of Technician Grade III ( Power Lighting ) – in Pay Band + Grade Pay 5200-20200 + 1900 ( GP ) against 25% LDCE quota by conducting selection from serving Helpers Gr.I / II ( Semi-skilled and Un-skilled ) in PB-I 5200-20200 + GP 1800 staff of Electrical department who volunteers for the post.
|1.||Technician Grade III ( Power lighting )||5200-20200+1900||05||01||09||15|
SWR Railway applications are invited from the serving Semi-skilled and Un-skilled staff of Electrical department who fulfills the following terms and conditions.
Technician Grade III ( Power Lighting ) : To fill up the vacancies of Tech. Gr.III ( PL ) against 25% LDCE quota staff eligible to apply from serving Helper-I ( PL ) and Helper-II ( Khalasis ) in pay band + grade pay 5200-20200 + 1800 of Electrical department.
The Selection consist of SWR written examinations. The volunteers should put in 3 years of regular service as on date of Notification. However SC / ST employees possessing the requisite qualification will be eligible for being considered against the vacancies reserved for them as per extent instructions if they have completed a minimum of one years regular service.
The SWR educational qualification essential and desirable for the above categories given below.
|Should have passed the matriculation or equivalent examination or passed Xth class under 10+2 system.||Should have science as one of the subject.|
Employees who have satisfy all conditions mentioned above only may submit their SWR applications properly filled in the prescribed proforma ( enclosed ) to the controlling Supervisory officials who in turn should scrutinize the service particulars and other details and forward applications of those eligible employees who fulfill the conditions indicated above duly certified in a sealed cover addressed to Assistant Personnel Officer ( E ), S.W. Railway so as to reach on or before 24.06.2015. SWR Applications incomplte / improperly filled / received after the target date will be rejected without any intimation.
The Empanelled candidates will have to undergo suitable training for a period of 6 months to one year before promotion to the regular post of Tech.Gr.III ( PL ) on passing the trade test.
However such of the empanelled staff who possessing the qualification of ITI / Course completed Act Apprenticeship in the relevant trade in the Railway Establishment will be exempted from training and they will be subjected to a trade test and those passing the same will be regularly promoted as Technician GR.III ( PL ) in Pay band + Grade pay 5200-20200 + 1900. ( S.C.Np. 67/98 ) ( RBE. No. 23/98 ).
Staff belongs to SC / ST community, while submitting their SWR job applications should invariably produce latest attested copy of the caste certificate with out fail.
All volunteers should enclose attested copies of School certificate in support of their educational qualification.
It is personal responsibility of the Depot supervisors to notify the contents if this letter to all the unskilled / semiskilled staff of Electrical department under their control giving wide publicity and forward the applications from the volunteers who are fulfilling the conditions to this office well in time.
Where no volunteers a ‘Nil’ statement should be forwarded to this office without fail.
A spare copy of the notification is enclosed for exhibition on the depot / office Notice board.
Prescribed Syllabus for selection to the post of Tech.III ( PL ) is appended below.
Syllabus for Promotion to the post of Technician Grade III ( Power Light ) in Pay Band-I 5200-20200 + GP 1900 from unskilled and Semi-skilled staff against 25% LDCE quota in Electrical department.
1. (A) Pumps : Installationas, commissioning and testing of pumps such as submersible pumps, centrifugal pumps, vertical turbine pumps, etc.
1. (B) Operation, maintenance, repair and trouble shooting of various types of pumps.
2(A) DG Sets : AMF Panel.
2(B) Operation, maintenance, repair and trouble shooting of DG sets, Maintenance and trouble shooting of batteries and battery chargers.
3. Basic knowledge : Knowledge of basic electrical engineering and basic calculations.
4. Instruments : Knowledge of various instruments used in electrical engineering such as Ammeter, Voltmeter, Power factor meter, energy meter, Multi meter, megger, instrument transfer for DC and AC applications.
5. Starters : Various types of starters, such as DOL starter, Star Delta starter, Auto transformer starter, resistance starter etc. Installations, testing, commissioning, rectification of faults, wiring diagram, etc.,
6. Cables : Various types of cables used in power supply installations, their capacity, applications, cable jointing, making terminations and connections.
7. Motors : Various types of motors for DC and AC. Their applications, installations, commissioning and testing, Operations, maintenance, repair, rewinding and trouble shooting of various parts, Assembling the motor including bearing fitment, dismantling and overhauling.
8. Protective Devices : Various types of protective device such as fuses, relays, circuit breakers, MCBs, contactors etc, Their connectiion, testing and selection of proper capacity.
9. Transformers : Various types of transformers. Their applications, operation, maintenance, repair and trouble shooting.
10. Safety precautions : Knowledge of Indian Electricity Act, Rules, Regulations and safety precautions to be observed while working on LT, HT and EHT equipments. How to give the artificial respirations in case of electric shock. Various electrical and safety measures to avoid electrical shock to the consumer / user and the staff working on electrical installations.
11. Connections and writing diagram for connecting various types of light fitrings such as T-5 fitting, T-12 fittings, CFL, Metal halide fitting etc.
12. Capacity and abiilty to work on over head lines, poles, Towers, High Masts, etc.
13. Connections, rectifications of faults, overhauling, rewinding of fans.
14. Importance3 of testing, commissioning of earthing installations provided in substations, service buildings, quarters etc.
15. Maintenance of substations and equipments provided there.
16. Maintenance of records, preparations of reports, supervising the work of junior artisans in absence of charge-man / supervisor.
17. How to estimate the materials required for electrical installations.
18. Measuring the insulation resistance of cables and writing provided in service buildings, stations, quarters etc.,
19. Knowledge of various domestic and industrial appliances, their maintenance and trouble shooting.
20. Energy conservation various measures.