South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 for Goods Guard
South Western Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
DRM’s Office Compound,
Website : www.rrchubli.in.
Date of SWR Railway Application Issue 2015 : 30.03.2015.
Date & Time of Closing for SWR Railway Application 2015 : 28.04.2015 at 23.45 hrs.
GDCE for selection to the Post of Goods Guard in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 2800/- over South Western Railway.
1. In terms of the instructions issued vide Railway Board’s letter No. E(NG)I-92/PM 2/16 Dated:20.08.1993(RBE No.129/1993) and other instructions issued from time to time, applications are hereby invited by Railway Recruitment Cell ( RRC ), Hubli for filling up through General Departmental Competitive Examination ( GDCE ) 54 posts of Goods Guard in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 2800/- from all the eligible regular serving Railway employees.
2. The serving regular employees of Divisions / Units / Workshops / Headquarters of South Western Railway and Rail Wheel Factory / Yelahanka ( RWF / YNK ), irrespective of the cadre in which they are working may register their applications for GDCE Online within the stipulated date and time as per the instructions given below.
3. Breakup of the vacancies and the medical classification / educational qualification are indicated below :
|Sl No.||Category & Dept.||Pay Scale & Grade Pay ( )||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Medical classification||Educational Qualification
|1.||Goods Guard ( Operating )||5200 - 20200 ( GP - 2800 )||28||11||06||09||54||A - 2||Degree from recognized university or its equivalent.|
4. SWR Railway Goods Guard Eligibility Criteria 2015 :
4.1 Zone of Consideration Only serving regular Railway employees of South Western Railway and RWF / YNK who are drawing regular Grade Pay less than 2800/- are eligible. RPF / RPSF Personnel are not eligible to apply.
4.2 SWR Railway Goods Guard Educational Qualification 2015 : Candidates should posses the prescribed educational qualification ( as indicated above ) from recognized Board / University / Institute as on the date of Notification. Those awaiting results of the final examination need Not apply.
4.3 Age Limit for SWR Railway Goods Guard 2015 : The maximum age limit for appearing in the GDCE will be 42 years for General candidates, 45 years for OBC candidates and 47 for SC / ST candidates reckoned as on the date of notification.
4.4 SWR Railway Goods Guard Medical Fitness 2015 : The candidates should be Fit in A – 2 Medical Classification. Candidates who were declared Unfit in A – 2 and below medical classification during their initial appointment or later are not eligible to apply for GDCE.
5. SWR Railway Goods Guard Application Fee 2015 : Nil.
6. SWR Railway Goods Guard Mode of Application 2015 :
6.1 SWR Railway Goods Guard Applications should be registered Online by filling up the required details in the prescribed format, available in the website of RRC / Hubli i.e., www.rrchubli.in. The SWR Railway Goods Guard application has to be filled up duly following the steps and instructions as mentioned at Para 8 of this Notification carefully.
6.2 In case any employee has any difficulty in registering their applications Online, they are free to contact the following help line numbers from where they can get all assistance in filling up / registering their applications.
|Division / Unit||Help line numbers|
|DOT||0836 - 2326266|
|DOT||0836 - 2346290|
|DOT||0821 - 2428630|
|DOT||080 - 22156224|
6.3 To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised in their own interest to register their applications Online well before the closing date since there may be possibility of inability / failure to log on to the website of RRC / Hubli on account of heavy load on the internet or website jam during last days. Candidates desiring to make any corrections in the application already uploaded can do so before the closure of SWR Railway Goods Guard Online registration. However only one application should be submitted by the candidate to the controlling supervisor.
7. Last date / time for SWR Railway Goods Guard Online registration is 28.04.2015 / 23.45 hrs. RRC / Hubli will not bear any responsibility if the candidates are not able to register their applications Online within the last date / time, for any reason whatsoever.
8. Steps to be followed while registering the SWR Railway Goods Guard Online Application :
- Click on the “GDCE Online / E-Application” Link.
- Click on the “New Registration” Link available in the home page.
- Fill up the basic details viz. Name, Father’s name, Date of Birth, e-mail Address and Mobile number etc.
- Follow the instructions and complete the registration process step-by-step for generating a Registration Number & Password for login.
- Candidates are advised to preserve / note their Registration Number and password generated at the time of submitting SWR Railway Goods Guard Online application for further stages of selection process / correspondence with RRC / Hubli.
- Login using the Registration Number and Password, as generated above.
- Fill up other details as required in the application form such as name, educational qualification, address for correspondence, personal marks of identification etc.,
- Click on the Submit button after filling up the details upto column 16.
- Download the softcopy of the application submitted Online and take the print-out of the Online application.
8.1 After the Hard copy of the application is printed, the other columns i.e. column No.18 viz declaration, thumb impression, signature, place and date should be affixed / indicated without leaving any column blank. ( Note : The declaration and other particulars in the application should be written in Hindi or English only ).
8.2 Candidates should fill up the declaration in the print out of application in his / her own running hand writing ( should not write in Capital Letters ) either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
8.3 A recent ( not older than one month ) passport size color photograph without cap and without wearing the coloured glasses should be firmly pasted with glue ( not to be stapled ) in the space provide in the print out of the application form.
8.4 The photograph pasted on the print out of the SWR Railway Goods Guard application should be attested by a Gazetted Officer or by the Controlling Supervisor, duly affixing their seal and signature.
8.5 An additional passport size photograph should also be enclosed duly writing the name, Date of Birth and affixing signature of the applicant on the backside of the photograph.
8.6 Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities should enclose the attested copy of Caste Certificate in the format given in Annexure – 1 of this Notification.
8.7 Candidates belonging to OBC community should enclose attested copy of the Caste certificate in the format given in Annexure – 2 of this Notification. In addition these candidates should enclose self-declaration regarding their non-creamy layer status in the proforma given in Annexure – 3.
9. Only One SWR Railway Goods Guard Application 2015 : Each serving employee should submit only one application against this Notification and employees submitting more than one application will be liable for disqualification. Even if, such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he / she will be disqualified and they will not be offered any appointment under this Notification for GDCE.
10. Enclosures to the Application : Serving employees applying for GDCE should enclose self attested photocopies of the following :
- Proof of date of birth ( 10th or Matric pass certificate ).
- Proof of educational qualification prescribed for the category / post.
- In case of candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC communities, Caste Certificate in prescribed format as per Annexure – 1, Annexure – 2 and Annexure – 3, as the case may be, should also be attached with the application form.
- One extra photograph should also be attached with application form.
- Only self attested Photo copies of certificates should be enclosed along with the application, Railway administration or RRC will not be responsible for loss of original certificates, if any, enclosed by the employee.
11. To Whom and How to Apply for SWR Railway Goods Guard 2015 :
11.1 The candidate after registering the application Online, should take the printout ( hard copy ) of the application and after duly filling all the required details should submit the same along with all the required documents to the concerned Supervisory Officials of the field Units not later than 02 working days from the last date of registering Online application i.e. on or before 30.04.2015. The supervisory Official should verify the applications submitted by the candidates and forward them in one bunch to the Personnel Department of concerned unit / Office / Division, on or before 08.05.2015.
11.2 Personnel Officer of Unit / Office / Divisions will verify the service particulars filled in the application form from the Service Record / Personal file of the employee concerned and certify the eligibility and forward all the applications in one bunch with a list of the applications through a Special Messenger so as to reach the Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), South Western Railway, Hubli latest by 18.00 hrs on or before 22.05.2015.
11.3 The list of eligible candidates will be published on the website of the RRC, after scrutiny of the applications. The eligible candidates can download their admit cards from the RRC website.
Note : In case the application is rejected by RRC for any reason, candidates will be able to view their status Online on the website of RRC / Hubli, along with the reasons for rejection(s). SMS and e-mail alerts will also be sent to the candidates on their registered mobile number and email ID, as indicated while registering their application Online. Candidates whose application / candidature is rejected will not be intimated by post.
12. SWR Railway Goods Guard Selection Process 2015 :
12.1 The selection for the posts notified in this Notification will be based on SWR Railway Goods Guard Written Examination, SWR Railway Goods Guard Medical Examination and verification of documents.
12.2 The questions set in the written examination will be of Multiple Choice Objective Type. The question paper will be set in English, Hindi, Urdu and local languages i.e. Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam & Konkani.
12.3 The standard of the questions for the written examination will generally be in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the post. The questions are likely to include subjects pertaining to General awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning. The question paper will have 100 questions, each carry one mark and the duration of the examination is 90 minutes.
12.4 There will be negative marking in written examination and marks will be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
12.5 The written examination will be conducted by RRC / Hubli and the date of examinations will be notified by RRC / Hubli in due course through Messages on mobiles, emails registered in the applications and on website of RRC / UBL.
12.6 During examination candidates should read the instructions on the cover page of Question Booklet, OMR Answer Sheet and Admit card carefully and follow them scrupulously. Failure to comply with the instructions may lead to non-evaluation of OMR sheet and disqualification of candidate.
13. SWR Railway Goods Guard Medical Examination 2015 :
13.1 Those candidates who have already been declared ‘Fit’ in A – 2 and above classification will not be subjected for Medical examination on their qualifying in the written examination. Candidates who were declared Unfit in A – 2 and below medical classification during their initial appointment or later are not eligible to apply for GDCE. Candidates, who were subjected to medical examination in lower Medical classification during their initial appointment i.e. below A – 2 classification, will be directed for higher Medical classification as required.
14. General Instructions for SWR Railway Goods Guard 2015 :
14.1 Before applying, the Candidates should carefully read the instructions and ensure that he / she fulfills all the prescribed eligibility criteria at the time of submission of application as per the Notification.
14.2 The number of vacancies shown in this Notification are provisional and the same are liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the administration at the time of finalisation of selection.
14.3 The vacancies are to be filled up in various Divisions / Units of South Western Railway. The selected employees are likely to be transferred and posted to another Division / Unit.
14.4 Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on South Western Railway. Decision of Railway Administration in this regard shall be final.
14.5 Railway Administration reserves the right to alter the mode of examinations or re-conduct the written examination or to cancel part or whole of any process of the selection at any stage without assigning any reason.
14.6 RRC reserves the right to conduct the examination in batches on various dates and locations as decided by the RRC.
14.7 The selected employees under GDCE will have to pass the prescribed training courses prior to appointment to the post for which selected under GDCE wherever applicable.
14.8 The scheme of GDCE will be implemented according to the guidelines issued by Railway Board and will be binding on all.