South Western Railway Recruitment 2014 for Fitter, Turner, Machinist
South Western Railway,
Office of the Chief Workshop Manager,
Sub : Engagement of Act Apprentices 2014 under Apprentice Act 1961.
Applications are invited from ITI candidates in relevant trade who desire to undergo training as Act Apprentice at :
1. Central Workshops, South Western Railway, Mysore South, Mysore 570 008;
2. The Application form can be downloaded from Website at www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in and printed application form should be in the A4 size should be filled relevant column with ball point pen.
3. The engagement of trainees will be made on the basis of the following designated trades.
Central Workshops, Mysore South Quota
|Sl.No.||Trade||No. of Slots ||Training period as per Apprentice Act - 1961||Reservation break-up||Total|
|6.||Painter ( G )||018||One Year||009||05||03||01||018|
* Programming and System Administration Assistant.
Note 1 : There are 08 candidates having “SCVT” certificate and have been engaged for two years training. Hence notification is for 278 duly deducting 08 slots out of allotted slots of 286.
Note 2 : Out of 278 slots, 3% slots are reserved for Person with Disability candidates & 3% for wards of Ex-Servicemen respectively. The eligibility conditions for PWD & Ex-Serviceman Quota candidates are indicated at para (1) on page 2.
1. Eligibility for Person with Disability
- 3% of total No. of Apprentices to be trained is reserved for Person with Disability Quota. Person with Disability under the following physical standards as per the provisions of Schedule II of Apprenticeship manual and Railway Board’s letter No.E(MPP)2003/6/14 dated 09/12/2003.
- Standards of Fitness for the Persons with Disability Candidates : Only Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disability and Hearing Handicapped having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply.
- i. For Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( PWD ) :
- Fitter : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Turner : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Machinist : Only small finger damaged can join.
- Welder : A person without leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated.
- Electrician : Partially lower limb can be accommodated.
- Painter : One upper and Lower limb partially damaged.
- PASAA : Both lower limbs damaged.
ii. Low vision : “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive corrections but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device, as envisaged in para 511(7)(ii)(a),(b)&(c) of IRMM-2000.
- A Person with Disability who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a competent authority ( i.e. Medical Board constituted by the Central or State Government ). ( Authority RBE No. 213/03 dated 09/12/2003 issued under CPO/SWR Serial Circular No. 230/2003 dated 31.12.2003/22.01.2004 ).
- Eligibility for wards of Ex-Servicemen
- Children of deceased / disabled Ex-Servicemen including those killed / disabled during peace time.
- Children of Ex-Servicemen.
- Children of serving jawans.
- Children of serving officers.
Authority : RBE No.101/2006-(Rly.Bd letter No.E(MPP)2002/6/10)dt 31-07-2006.
2. Age Limit for South Western Railway Recruitment 2014
- Candidate should have completed 15 Years of age and should not to have completed 24 years of age as on 14.07.2014.
- OC : Candidates should born between 14.07.1990 and 13.07.1999.
SC / ST : Candidates should born between 14.07.1985 and 13.07.1999.
OBC :Candidates should born between 14.07.1987 and 13.07.1999There will be an Upper age relaxation of 05 years for SC / ST & 03 years for OBC candidates.
3. SWR Railway Recruitment 2014 Educational Qualification : “Matriculation ( Class 10 ) pass on 10+2 system or its equivalent with ITI approved by NCVT / SCVT in the relevant trade”.
4. SWR Railway Recruitment 2014 Training Period & Rate of Stipend :
|Sl.No.||Training Period||Rate of Stipend|
|1.||All other trades - NCVT||One Year||2800/- per month|
|2.||For Welder & PASAA trade - NCVT||One Year||2400/- per month|
|3.||All other trades Ist Year & IInd Year||2400/- ( SCVT ) per month
2800/- ( SCVT ) per month
|4.||Weld and PASSA Ist Year & IInd Year||2100/- ( SCVT ) per month
2400/- ( SCVT ) per month
5. Mode of SWR Railway Recruitment Application 2014 :
- The applications in the prescribed proforma should be filled in the relevant columns with ball point pen in foolscap paper. The application should be accompanied with two self addressed covers – size 11 x 5 ( SC / ST and PH candidates are exempted from enclosing self addressed cover ).
- Two recent passport size photographs should accompany the application form duly signed across by the candidate and attested by the Gazetted Officer. One Photograph should be affixed on the application in the space provided and another on the Call letter.
- All Certificates i.e. Birth Certificate, Educational / Technical qualification, Caste Certificate etc should be signed and attested by the Gazetted Officer of Central or State Government with their Office Seal, Otherwise application will be rejected.
6. Where to Submit the SWR Recruitment Applications 2014 : The applications filled in all respects can either be dropped in the Box kept in the Personnel Branch, Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, South Western Railway, Mysore South in all the working days i.e. from Monday to Saturday between 10:00 to 17:00 hrs ( Saturday upto 13:00 hrs ) or send by Ordinary Post to the address mentioned below duly super scribing on the Cover as “Application for engagement as Act Apprentices ( Ex. ITI ). The Application received through Speed / Registered Post will not be accepted.
The Chief Workshop Manager
South Western Railway,
Mysore – 570 008.
7. Last Date of SWR Railway Recruitment Application 2014 : The last date for submission of application is 18.08.2014 upto 17.00 Hrs. Applications received after the due date is liable to be rejected.
8. Mode of Engagement :
- The Engagement of Act Apprentices will be done in favour of the candidates who have passed Matriculation or 10th Class under 10+2 system or its equivalent with ITI passed certificate in the relevant trade. The applications received with other than the prescribed educational qualifications will not be entertained.
- The final eligibility list will be prepared based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Metric or 10th standard in 10+2 examination system.
- The candidates who are found eligible will be sent for medical examination. If the candidates found unfit in the prescribed medical examination he/she will not be engaged for training or given any compensation.
9. Conditions :
- The candidates whose SSLC / ITI results are awaited need not apply.
- The candidates attending this office for verification will not be given any TA / DA.
- No Hostel facility will be provided and the selected candidates should make their own arrangements for stay during their training.
- There is no job assurance in railways to an apprentice who completes the apprentice ship successfully.
- The candidates shall have to execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act 1961 under the prescribed contract format.
- The candidates will have to be registered with a local Employment Exchange falling in the state of Karnataka and adjoining districts of States served by the S.W.Railway i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Goa. ( with upto date renewal ) Otherwise application will be rejected. ( Authority;CPO/UBL;Letter no.SWR/P563/Apprentice/vol-6 of 25/09/2012 ).
- For the wards of Railway Employees such Registration however will not be required. But service certificate / Declaration form of the employee should be attached by the Gazetted Officer of the unit concern Employee is working.
- No permission will be granted for submission of application after the last date and for verification of documents due to sick and etc. The candidate possessing SCVT + ITI Qualification are required to undergo Apprenticeship training for 02 years ( 01 + 01 ). ( Authority;RDH/STAT/POL.MATT/02/2004/770 Of 03/08/2012 ).
- In case the candidate is medically unfitted / temporary observation, they will not be redirected for medical due to delay in medical examination, since the engagements is only for the purpose of training for a period of one year and not for appointment.
- The decision of the Administration is final and binding in the selection of candidates for training. If the declaration submitted by the candidate is found to be false at a later date the candidature will be cancelled without any notice at any level.
- A check list is enclosed along with the application for self verification. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm themselves that they have fulfilled all the conditions stipulated in the notification before submitting the application.
- No correspondence will be entertained by the candidate nor by any Association in relation to the application nor any reply will be given by the Administration in this regard. Applications received after due date will not be entertained. Chief Workshop Manager, Central Workshop, Manandawadi Road, Mysore South is not responsible for any delay in Postal transit & wrong delivery of applications etc.