South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 for Apprentice in Carriage Repair Workshop
South Western Railway,
Chief Workshop Manager’s Office,
Carriage Repair Workshop,
Hubli – 580 020.
Sub : Engagement of Act Apprentice under Apprentices Act – 1961.
South Western Railway invites applications for engagement of Act Apprentice in Carriage Repair Workshop, South Western Railway, Gadag Road, Hubli – 580 020, under Apprentices Act – 1961 from eligible candidates. The Application form for SWR railway can be downloaded from Website at www.swr.indianrailways.gov.in
1. The engagement of trainees will be made on the basis of the following designated trades only.
|Sl. No.||Trade||No. of Slots||Revised Slots||Training period as per Apprentice Act-1961||Reservation break-up|
|6.||Ref A/C Mechanic||17||15||One year||08||02||01||04||15|
|Note : There are 41 candidates having SCVT certificates as 27 in Fitter, 09 in Welder, 03 in Electrician and 02 in Ref A/C Mech who are undergoing for 02 years apprenticeship training hence, the notification is for 338 candidates duly deducting 41 slots out of allotted slots.|
The SWR vacancies indicated above are only tentative and are subject to change and the vacancies reserved for SC / ST / OBC / PWD are as per prescribed requirement in the respective categories.
2. SWR Railway Eligibility for Physically Handicapped and Ex-Servicemen :
(a) Out of 338 slots 3% of total number ( i.e 10 slots ) of Apprentices to be trained are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons under the following physical standards as per the provisions of Schedule-II of Apprenticeship manual and Railway Board’s letter No.E(MPP)2003/6/14 dated 09.12.2003.
(b) Standards of fitness for the Physically challenged candidates : Only Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disability and Hearing Handicapped having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply.
(c) (i) For Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) :
- Fitter : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Turner : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Machinist : Only small finger damaged can join.
- Welder : A person without leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated.
- Electrician : Partially lower limb candidates can be accommodated.
(ii) Low vision : “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive corrections but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
(d) A physically handicapped person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a competent authority ( i.e. Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or State Government ). ( Authority RBE No.213/03 dated 09.12.2003 issued under CPO/SWR Serial Circular No.230/2003 dated 31.12.2003/22.01.2004 ). Other than above mentioned Physically Handicapped candidates should not apply and they will be rejected at any point of engagement.
(e) Out of 338 slots 3% of total number ( i.e 10 slots ) of Apprentices to be trained are reserved for Ex-Servicemen, their children and Children of Armed Forces Personnel as per Railway Board instructions vide RBE No. 101/2006.
(f) The candidates who wants to avail the benefit of reservation in Ex-Servicemen and Armed Forces Personnel they must submit Discharge Certificate and in case of children of Ex-Servicemen and children of Armed Forces Personnel they must submit discharge certificate of his / her parents.
3. Age limit for South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 :
- Candidate should have completed 15 Years of age and should not to have completed 24 years of age as on 24.04.2015.
- There will be an Upper age relaxation for SWR Railway of 05 years for SC / ST & 03 years for OBC candidates.
4. Educational Qualification for South Western Railway Vacancies 2015 :
Matriculation ( Matriculate or 10th Class in 10+2 examination system ) and I.T.I. certificate affiliated to NCVT / SCVT is compulsory in relevant trade.
5. Training period & rate of stipend :
The candidates possessing 10th + ITI in SCVT are required to undergo apprenticeship training for 02 Yrs ( for other trades ) and 01 ½ Years ( for Welder trade ) and candidates possessing 10th + ITI in NCVT will undergo one year Apprenticeship training ( Authority : RDH/STAT/POL.MATT/02/2004/770 dated 03.08.2012 ) and same is as under.
|Sl.No.||Trades||Affiliation||Training Periods||Rate of stipend|
|1||All other trades||NCVT||One Year||As per Extant Instructions of Ministry of Labour & Employment in Gazzett of India.|
|3||All other trades||SCVT||Two Years|
|4||Welder||SCVT||One and half Years|
6. Sources of Engagement of Act Apprentices ( As per Master Circular No.8 ) :
- Nearest Employment Exchange.
- SC / ST organizations.
- ITIs wherever existing; and
- Wards of Railway employees.
7. Mode of Application for South Western Railway Jobs 2015 :
- The applications for SWR railway in the prescribed proforma should be filled in the relevant columns with ball point pen in foolscap paper. The application should be accompanied with two self addressed covers- size 11″ x 5″ duly affixing 5/- postal stamp on each cover ( SC / ST and PH candidates are exempted from affixing postal stamps ).
- Two recent passport size colour photographs with clear front view of candidate without cap, scarf and sunglasses should accompany the application duly signed across by candidate.
- All Certificates i.e. Birth Certificate, Educational / Technical qualification, Caste Certificate etc should be self attested.
- The applicants will have to register with a local employment exchange falling in the states of Karnataka and the adjoining districts of states served by the South Western Railway i.e Tamil Nadu ( districts namely Dharmapuri, Salem, Vellore ), Andhra Pradesh ( districts namely Ananthapur, Chittoor ), Maharashtra ( district namely Sangli ) and Goa ( As per CPO/SWR letter No.SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol.6 dated 25.09.2012 ).
- However for wards of Railway employees such registration with local employment exchange will not be required ( As per CPO / SWR letter No.SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol.6 dated 25.09.2012 ) and there should be clear indication in application & on envelope that the candidate is ward of Railway employee, as a proof candidate must enclose Service Certificate / Declaration from the Railway employee should be attached by the Gazetted Officer of the concerned unit.
8. Where to Submit the South Western Railway Recruitment 2015 Applications : The applications filled in all respects can either be dropped in the Box kept in the Welfare Section of the Office of the Workshop Personnel Officer, Carriage Repair Workshop, South Western Railway, Gadag Road, Hubli – 580 020 ( Karnataka ), on all the working days i.e. from Monday to Saturday between 10.00 to 17.00 Hrs. or send by Ordinary Post only to the above said address duly superscribing on the Cover as “Application for engagement as Act-Apprentices ( Ex-ITI ) in Hubli Workshop-20, Training Notification No. 01/2015. Applications received through RPAD / Courier will not be entertained and summarily rejected.
9. Last date of Application for South Western Railway Jobs 2015 : The last date for submission of application is 24.04.2015 at 17.00 Hrs. Applications received after the due date is liable to be rejected.
10.SWR Railway 2015 Mode of engagement :
- The Engagement of Act Apprentices will be done in favour of the candidates who have passed 10th Class under 10+2 system and having with ITI passed certificate approved by NCVT / SCVT in the relevant trade. No weightage will be given for those with higher qualification than the prescribed educational qualification.
- The final eligibility list will be prepared based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Metric or 10th standard in 10+2 examination system ( CPO / SWR letter No. SWR/P.563/Act App/Vol. 5 dated 09/11.03.2012 ). Applicants will be called in the ratio of 1:1.25 for scrutiny of documents and physical verification ( The extra 25 candidates are called as stand-by and they may be considered only if short-listed candidates remain absent / unwilling ).
- The candidates who found eligible will have to conform to the standards of Physical fitness, as prescribed for appointment / engagement to the relevant trades on the railways ( As per Master Circular No.8 ). If candidate is declared unfit in Medical Examination due to any reason, he / she will not be considered / directed for Re-Medical Examination.
11.Conditions for South Western Railway Jobs 2015 :
- The candidates whose SSLC / ITI results are awaited as on date of notification are not eligible for SWR application.
- The candidates failed in ITI should not apply, in case any failed candidate engaged un-noticed then he / she will be terminated from training without any further notice.
- The Candidates attending this office for verification will not be given any TA / DA.
- No Hostel facility will be provided and the selected candidates should make their own arrangements for stay during their training.
- There is no job assurance in railways to an apprentice who completes the apprenticeship successfully as per rule 8 of Apprenticeship Rule, 1961.
- The candidates shall have to execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act – 1961 and if such candidate is minor his Guardian can execute the prescribed contract.
- The candidates undergoing training should deposit their original SSLC / 10th marks card with this office until the completion of their training so that candidates should not leave training in between.
- The caste certificate should be in central format and category agianst which candidate is applying must note that the sub-caste should appear in central gazzette of India otherwise application will be rejected.
- The South Western Railway 2015 applications except the wards of Railway employees have to be registered with local employment exchange falling in districts of Karnataka and adjoining districts of states served by S.W. Railway i.e Tamil Nadu ( districts namely Dharmapuri, Salem, Vellore ), Andhra Pradesh ( districts namely Ananthapur, Chittoor ), Maharashtra ( district namely Sangli ) and Goa ( With upto date renewal ). However, applications not registered with local employment exchange will be rejected ( As per CPO/SWR/UBL letter No.SWR/P.569/Apprentice/Vol.VI dated 25.09.2012 ).
Important Note for SWR Railway Recruitment 2015 :
- The decision of the Administration is final and binding in the engagement of candidates for SWR Railway training. If the declaration submitted by the candidate is found to be false at a later date the candidature will be cancelled without any notice at any level.
- A check list has been given at column no.15 of the South West Railway application for self verification. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm themselves that they have fulfilled all the conditions stipulated in the notification before submitting the application.
- Under Apprenticeship Rule 8, 1991, it is notified that it shall not be obligatory on part of employer to offer any employment to apprentices on completion of period of his / her apprenticeship training in his establishment nor shall it be obligatory on the part of the apprentice to accept an employment under the employer.
- No correspondence will be entertained by the candidate nor by any Association in relation to the application nor any reply will be given by the Administration in this regard. Applications for South West Railway received after due date will not be entertained. Chief Workshop Manager / Carriage Repair Workshop, Gadag Road, Hubli is not responsible for any delay in Postal transit & wrong delivery of applications etc.
- At most care will be taken for finalising the final list of eligible candidates, in case of any oversight the administration has right to change it at any level and decision of administration is final.
- The entire process of engagement is computerized and functions impersonally without fear or favour. There is no scope of influence or discretion. Hence, the rejected candidates will not be given any explanation. The short listed candidates will be informed about their nomination through ordinary post and notice board.
- Candidates must be in contact with this office for any updates relating to Apprentice training.