South Western Railway Recruitment against Cultural Quota 2014
Hubli – 580 020.
South Western Railway Cultural Quota Closing Date : 01st December, 2014 at 18.00 Hrs.
Recruitment against Cultural Quota in South Western Railway for the year 2014 – 15.
1. The South Western Railway invites applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for 02 posts in Group ‘C’ Category to be recruited in Pay Band – 1 5200 – 20200/- with Grade pay 1900/- against Cultural Quota in the following disciplines for the year 2014 – 15.
|SI. No.||Discipline||No. of Post|
|1.||Hindustani Classical Vocal||01|
|2.||Classical Instrumental - Violin ( Carnatic Music )||01|
2. SWR Cultural Quota Essential Qualification 2014 :
A. SWR Cultural Quota Educational Qualification 2014 : Passed Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognized board with not less than 50% marks in aggregate. Minimum percentage of 50% marks in aggregate is not applicable to SC / ST / PWD candidates and to those candidates who possess qualifications higher than matriculation such as HSC / Intermediate / Graduation / Post Graduation.
B. SWR Cultural Quota Professional Qualification 2014 :
- Hindustani Classical Vocal : Possession of Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Hindustani Classical Vocal from any Govt, recognized University / Deemed University / Institute Or equivalent degree / diploma / certificate from recognized education Board.
- Classical Instrumental – Violin ( Carnatic Music ) : Possession of Degree / Diploma / Certificate in Classical Instrumental – Violin ( Carnatic Music ) from any Govt. recognized university / Deemed university / Institute OR equivalent degree / diploma / certificate from recognized Education Board.
C. SWR Cultural Quota Desirable Qualification 2014 :
- SWR Cultural Quota Experience in the field and performance given in AIR / Doordarshan etc.
- Prizes won at National level.
3. Age Limit for SWR Cultural Quota ( As on 01st January, 2015 ) : UR : 18 – 30 Years. OBC : 18 – 33 Years & SC / ST : 18 – 35 Years Extent of Age Relaxation.
- Serving Railway employees who have put in a minimum of 03 years continuous service will be given relaxation of age. subject to the age limit of 40 years for UR, 43 years for OBC and 45 years for SC / ST.
- For those Quasi Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens. Co – operative Societies and Institutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum 05 years.
- Widows / Divorced women and women judicially separated but not remarried : UR – up to 35 Years. OBC – up to 38 Years. SC / ST – up to 40 Years.
- Persons with disability :
For group ‘C’ posts : UR – 40 years. OBC – 43 years and SC / ST – 45 Years.
- Persons who had ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01st January, 1980 to 31st December, 1989 : upto 35 years.
- For Ex-Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 Years provided they have put in more than 6 Months service after attestation.
4. SWR Cultural Quota Examination Fee 2014 :
- The examination fee for Unreserved and OBC candidates is 100/-. The examination fee should be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order only from any Post office drawn in favour of FA & CAO, South Western Railway, Hubli and payable at Hubli.
- Remittance of examination fee in any other form except Indian Postal Order will not be accepted.
- IPOs issued before the date of issue of Employment notice or after the closing date will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- The particulars of Indian Postal Order submitted as examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the application form.
- Candidates must write their name, full address at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
- The examination fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances.
5. SWR Cultural Quota Fee Exemptions 2014 : SC / ST candidates, Ex–Servicemen, Women candidates, Persons with disabilities, Minority candidates*, and candidates belonging to “Economically Backward Classes” are exempted from payment of examination fees.
* Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ).
** Economically Backward Classes will moan the candidates whoso family income is loss than 50.000 per annum.
The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes.
- District magistrate or any other revenue officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL card or any other certificate issued by the central government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from any where in the country.
- Sitting members of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside. The income certificate issued by the authorities mentioned above would have to be on Annexure – III which is available on South Western Railway Website. This would have to be issued on the letter head of the issuing authority.
6. SWR Cultural Quota How to Apply 2014 :
Candidates should carefully read all the instructions given in the employment notification before filling the application form. Application as per the format given below shall be submitted on A 4 size good quality paper. The application format should be in English / Hindi language only and the application should bo filled in English / Hindi language only. The applications submitted In other than English / Hindi languages will be rejected summarily. The application should be filled in by the candidate in his / her own handwriting and signed. The candidate has to affix one recent passport size photograph ( recently taken ) duly attested on the application in the space provided for the purpose. Candidate is also required to attach one extra passport size photograph along with the application. Serving government employees should send their application through proper channel duly forwarded by their controlling officials. The last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However an advance copy of the application can also be submitted.
7. SWR Cultural Quota Whom to Apply 2014 :
SWR Cultural Quota Applications complete in all respects should be sent in a cover super scribed as “SWR Cultural Quota Application for Group ‘C’ post against Cultural Quota for the year 2014 – 15″ and to be send to the following given address below.
Assistant Personnel Officer / HQ,
South Western Railway Head Quarters,
New Zonal Office Building,
Opposite to Rail Nagar,
Hubli – 580 020.
The SWR Cultural Quota application should reach on or before 01st December, 2014. For candidates residing in Assam. Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spriti districts and Pangi Sub – Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and the candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by post will be 16th December, 2014.
8. SWR Cultural Quota Recruitment Process 2014 :
The SWR Cultural Quota recruitment process will be on the basis of written test followed by assessment of talent in the relevant field. The candidates whose applications are found eligible in all respects will be called for written test and the candidates who qualify in the written test will be allowed for practical demonstration.
A. SWR Cultural Quota Written Test 2014 : 50 marks.
( The SWR Cultural Quota written test will consist of objective type of questions, which will be on general English, Arithmetic & General Knowledge with special emphasis on topics related to music, dance, drama etc. ).
B. Assessment of talent in the relevant field on :
- The basis of practical demonstration : 35 marks.
- Testimonials / Prizes etc. : 15 marks.
- Total : 100 marks.
9. General Conditions for SWR Cultural Quota 2014 : Before applying to the post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility norms.
- The candidates already employed in Central / State / PSUs including Railways should submit their applications through proper channel duly submitting service certificate and no objection certificate from the employer.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information, and mode of selection shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite medical fitness standards prescribed for the selected post.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- The candidates should bo in readiness to appear for the written test at short notice after the last date is over.
- The candidates are required to obtain caste certificates in the proper proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of verification, failing which he / she may be disqualified. This is strictly required vide Chapter 13 of the Brochure ( Published by Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions, Department of Personnel Training. New Delhi ). As large number of candidates are producing certificates issued by authority different from appropriate authority, they are advised to strictly comply with the instructions. ( Format of Caste Certificate for SC / ST / OBC candidates is available on South Western Railway SWR Cultural Quota Website : www.swr.indianrailwavs.qov.in ).