South Eastern Railway Recruitment for Senior Residents 2014
South Eastern Railway,
Office of the Medical Director
South Eastern Railway,
Kolkata – 700 043.
Engagement of Senior Residents
Walk in Interview to be held on 18.06.2014, at 11:00 A.M.
SER Railway Senior Residents Vacancy Status is as under :
- General Medicine : 02
- Anaesthesiology : 02
- General Surgery : 01
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology : 01
SER Railway Senior Residents Educational Qualification 2014 : MD / MS / DNB in the concerned specialty, recognized by MCI, and having passed on or before 31.05.2014. Candidate’s with appeared for their final examination post Graduate are also eligible to appear for the interview but there will be provisional only. Candidate with above qualification is not available in GNO and anesthesiology, those with DGO qualification and D.A qualification ( MCI recognized ) with at least 03 years post diploma experience can be considered.
Tenure : The contract of appointment will be for one year, which is renewable up to a maximum period of three years, subject to renewal / extension every year ( which is subject to satisfactory work, conduct & performance ). The termination of contract can be done on one month’s notice or pay from either side.
Emoluments : Pay band ( PB – 3 ) 15,600 – 39,100/- + Grade pay 6,600/- ( Basic pay 25,350/- ) and other allowances as admissible for Sr. Residency scheme under Ministry of Railways. These include non-practicing allowance @ 25% of the basic pay, post-graduate allowance @ 200/- p.m for PG degree or 100/- p.m for PG Diploma holders, and DA, CCA & HRA as per Central Govt. rules on the basis of monthly emoluments. Approx. total monthly emolument will be 69,776/- ( excluding HRA ).
Accommodation : Single, unfurnished free accommodation would be provided to selected Senior Residents subject to availability; if not, HRA would be admissible as per the extant rule.
Leave Entitlement :
- One day weekly off by rotation.
- Entitled to total 20 days in one contract year which can be availed as not more than 10 in a 6 month period.
- Not entitled to any vacation or any other leave during the contract period.
SER Railway Senior Residents Duties & Responsibilities 2014 :
- Duties & responsibilities will be as fixed by the Railway administration from time to time.
- They will be required to perform any work as may be needed in the legitimate interest of Railway Administration including National programmes or during Railway accidents, in addition to their specialty work.
- No private practice shall be permitted.
Medical Treatment Facility :
- Free OPD treatment facility as available in railway hospital will be provided for self only.
- Free indoor treatment facility as available in railway hospital will be provided for self only in emergency acute illness situations.
- There shall not be any provision for referral to other private medical centre for treatment.
- Free medical treatment for spouse or any other family member will not be available.
General Instructions :
- All the columns in the application form must be filled up properly as applications with incomplete / incorrect information are liable to be rejected summarily.
- All the required certificates duly self attested & attested by a Gazetted officer must be attached with the application. The candidates must have their original certificates & publications, if any with them at the time of interview for verification.
- Please note that any discrepancy pertaining to the documents may invite cancellation of offer of appointment as well as legal action under the relevant provision of IPC.
- Enclosures as mentioned in the application form are to be attached definitely.
- Candidates already having done 03 ( three ) years’ Senior Residency in any other institution need not apply.
- No application fee will be charged from any candidate.
- No TA / DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- List of selected candidates will be displayed on the hospital notice board & at www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in; moreover, the offer of appointment also will be sent to the selected candidates by email & speed post.
- The selected candidates will have to report for duty within a period of 10 days from the display in notice board / website or issue of the appointment letter. Candidature may be cancelled in case of noncompliance for reporting in the prescribed time.
- All the selected candidates will have to produce and deposit their original certificates at the time of joining. Any discrepancy may invite cancellation of appointment and legal action as per rule.
- The decision of the selection board will be final. In case of any legal dispute, the jurisdiction of Court will be Kolkata.