South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2013 against Ex-Servicemen Quota in Erstwhile Group D Posts
Office of the Deputy Chief Personnel Officer,
11, Garden Reach Road,
Kolkata – 43.
Closing Date for SER Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota : 26.08.2013.
South Eastern Railway invites applications from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for filling up the following provisional erstwhile Group ‘D’ vacancies against Ex-servicemen quota in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of 1800/- in South Eastern Railway on the prescribed format enclosed :
|Cat. No.||Category||Department||No. of Posts||Standard of Medical Fitness|
|1.||Trackman / Gangman||Engineering||196||B-1|
|3.||Helper-II / Khalasi||Electrical, Mechanical, Sig & Tele||410||B-1|
The last date of receipt of applications for SER Railway is up to the 18.00 hrs of 26.08.2013. While there are no posts exclusively reserved for SC / ST / OBC communities, Ex-Servicemen belonging to these communities will be adjusted against the SC / ST / OBC vacancies in the respective categories.
1. SER Ex-Servicemen Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
1.1 Ex-Serviceman who have retired after putting in 15 years of service in the Armed force of the Union of India and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent are eligible to apply.
1.2 The term Ex-servicemen means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a combatant or non–combatant ) in the Regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union, and
- Who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension; or
- Who has been relieved from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Who has been released from such service as a result of reduction in establishment; or
- Who has been released from such service-after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity; and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, namely, pension holders for continuous embodied service or broken spell of qualifying service; Or
- Personnel of the Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to’ their parent service with pension, or are released from the Army Postal service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstance beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pension; or
- Personnel who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to the 14th April, 1987; or
- Gallantry award winners of the Armed forces including personnel of Territorial Army; or
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
1.3 Reservation benefit only in the First Civil Employment – Once Ex-servicemen is appointed to a Civil Post against reserved vacancy; he ceases to be an Ex-serviceman, and hence not entitled to the benefit of reservation for other post subsequently.
2. Educational Qualification for SER Ex-Servicemen 2013 : Matric or its equivalent. Those who have been enrolled in the Armed Forces with Non-Matric and discharged with Pension after Completing 15 years of service will be treated as equivalent to Matriculate and those who have been enrolled with Matriculation and discharged with pension after completing 15 years of service will be treated as equivalent to Graduate.
3. SER Ex-Servicemen Age limit ( as on 01.01.2014 ) : The Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than 6 months continuous service will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of the period of service plus 3 years as under :
- For UR candidates : 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years
- For SC / ST candidates : 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years
- For OBC candidates : 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years
4. SER Ex-Servicemen Exam Fee 2013 : There is no examination fee.
5. Mode of Selection for SER Ex-Servicemen 2013 : The names of eligible candidates will be arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total length of military service and Ex-Servicemen to the extent of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. After verification of original documents a final panel will be prepared from this list. There will be no written examination / interview or Physical Efficiency Test.
6. SER Railway Ex-Servicemen Medical Examination 2013 : The candidate selected for a particular category / post will be directed for medical examination by the Railway Medical Authority as per standard mentioned in Indian Railway Medical Manual-2000 ( IRMM-2000 ) as amended from time to time and other extent provisions. Only those candidates who are declared medically fit would be offered appointment. Candidates recommended for a particular category of post with a higher medical classification will not be considered for any alternative post with lower medical classification in the event of their medical unfitness.
7. Filling up of Applications for SER Ex-Servicemen 2013 : Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the format enclosed to the notification. Applications should be made on good quality A4 size ( 210mm x 297mm ) white paper using One Side Only. Applications in any other format would be rejected. The applications should be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting either in English or in Hindi and not in any other language.
8. Whom to Apply for SER Railway against Ex-Servicemen Quota 2013 : The filled-in applications along with the required documents should be addressed to : “Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, 11, Garden Reach Road, South Eastern Railway, Kolkata – 700 043 ( West Bengal )”. The application should be sent by post so as to reach this office before the closing date and time mentioned above or should be dropped in the box provided at the Railway Recruitment Cell / HQ / Kolkata before closing date ( Up to 18.00 hrs of 26.08.2013 ). The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed on top – “Employment Notice No.P/DCPO/RRC/GR.D/ESM/03/2013, Recruitment in Group-D against Ex-Servicemen Quota”. Applications for SER 2013 received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
9. Certificates to be Enclosed in the SER Railway Application 2013 :
- A xerox copy of the discharge certificate / book.
- Proof of possessing academic Qualification Army Class – I Certificate. ( Self attested )
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community should produce a community certificate in the format given in Annexure-’A’ of this notification. Candidates belonging to OBC community should also produce a community certificate in the format given in Annexure-’B’ to this notification. In addition, they should also submit a declaration given in Annexure-’C’.
- One passport size photograph ( not older than 3 months ) without wearing cap & goggles / coloured glasses has to be pasted in the application format.
10. General Instructions for SER Railway Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen 2013 :
- SER Railway vacancies shown are provisional and are liable to be increased or decreased.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in South Eastern Railway.
- Before applying for the SER post, candidate should ensure that he fulfils the eligibility criteria.
- SER Railway applications of candidates not fulfilling the requisite criteria are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment and if appointed erroneously, their services are liable to be terminated.
- Decision of South Eastern Railway in all matters relating to above recruitment according to extant Rules and regulation are final.
Note : The SER Applicants are requested to se the detailed information of the said advertisement including Application Format, etc in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar-Delhi, dated 27.07.2013. The detailed notification including South Eastern Railway application form etc may be downloaded from the South Eastern Railway website : http://www.rrcser.in