South East Central Railway RRC Recruitment Against Ex-Servicemen Quota 2013
Railway Recruitment Cell ( RRC ),
Near Kendriya Vidyalaya,
Bilaspur – 495 004 ( Chhattisgarh )
Phone No. : 07752 – 248108
Website : ( http://www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in & http://www.rrcbilaspur.org )
RRC SECR Railway Recruitment 2013 against Ex-Servicemen Quota in Pay Band-1 with Grade Pay 1800/-
Date of Publication for SECR Application 2013 : 29.06.2013
Date & Time of Closing for SECR RRC Application 2013 : 17.00 hrs. of 31.07.2013
For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of SECR application by ordinary post will be 14.08.2013 up to 17.00 hrs.
South East Central Railway applications are invited from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for filling up 968 ( Nine Hundred Sixty Eight ) vacancies in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200/- with Grade Pay of 1800/- in South East Central Railway. The last date of receipt of applications is up to the 17.00 hrs of 31.07.2013. While there are no posts exclusively reserved for SC / ST / OBC communities, Ex-Servicemen belonging to these communities will be adjusted against the SC / ST / OBC vacancies in the respective categories.
1. SECR RRC Ex-Servicemen Eligibility Criteria 2013 :
Ex-Serviceman who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent is eligible to apply.
2. SECR Ex-Servicemen Job Age as on 01.07.2013 :
- For UR candidates : 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For SC / ST candidates : 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For OBC candidates : 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
Note : Only those Ex-servicemen who have put in not less than six months continuous service will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of military service plus 03 years.
3. Exam Fee for SECR Ex-Servicemen 2013 : There is no examination fee.
4. SECR Ex-Servicemen Mode of Selection 2013 :
- The South East Central Railway recruitment shall be on the basis of scrutiny of applications and the Ex-Servicemen should be medically fit for the job being considered for.
- The panel will be formed primarily on the basis of Ex-Servicemen’s length of Military service.
Note : The names of eligible candidates will be arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total length of military service and ex-Servicemen to the extent of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. After verification of document a final panel will be prepared from this list. There will be no written examination / interview or Physical Efficiency Test.
5. Community Certificate
- For SC / ST category of Ex-Servicemen only : The candidates claiming to belong to SC / ST are required to produce Community Certificate from the competent Authority in the prescribed format given in Annexure-A and enclose a copy of the same with the SECR application ( ‘Proforma’ is available in the website ).
- For OBC category of Ex-Servicemen only
- The candidates claiming to belong to OBC communities are required to produce Community Certificate from the competent Authority in the prescribed format given in Annexure-B and enclose a copy of the same with the application ( ‘Proforma’ is available in the website ).
- The Community Certificates produced by the OBC candidates should specifically indicate that the candidate does not belong to Creamy layer ( Format given in Annexure-C & also available in the website ).
6. Medical Examination for SECR Ex-Servicemen 2013 :
The candidate selected for a particular category of RRC SECR post will be medically examined in the prescribed medical classification. Only those candidates who are medically fit will be offered appointment. Candidates recommended for a particular category of post with a higher medical classification will not be considered for any alternative post with lower medical classification in the event of their medical unfitness.
7. Filling up of Applications for SECR RRC Ex-Servicemen Quota 2013 :
Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the format enclosed in the notification. Applications should be made on good quality A4 size ( 210 mm x 297 mm ) white paper using One Side Only. Applications in any other format would be rejected. The applications should be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting either in English or in Hindi and not in any other language.
8. Accommodation :
All the candidates will have to make their own arrangements for their accommodation while coming for Document verification and Medical Examination. They must also come prepared to stay for few days, if required. RRC will not make any arrangement for providing accommodation.
9.Travel Expenses :
SC / ST candidates alone will be issued with II-Class Free Pass for their journey from their nearest Railway Station to the venue of Document verification and Medical Examination ( The candidate shall keep one attested copy of Community certificate to be produced along with free travel authority to the Ticket Checking Official on demand ). Others will have to make their own arrangements. No reimbursement of travel expenses will be made on any account.
10. Whom to Apply for RRC SECR Ex-Servicemen Jobs 2013 :
The filled-in applications along with the required documents should be addressed to the following : “Deputy Chief Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, South East Central Railway, R.T.S. Colony, Near Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bilaspur – 495 004 ( Chhattisgarh )”. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed on top – “Employment Notice No. P/SECR/RRC/ESM/02/2013, Recruitment to the post in Pay Band-1 with Grade Pay 1800/- against Ex-Servicemen Quota”. The South East Central Railway 2013 application should be sent by Ordinary post so as to reach this office before the closing date and time mentioned above or should be dropped in the box provided at the Railway Recruitment Cell / Bilaspur before closing date ( Up to 17.00 hrs of 31.07.2013 ). SECR Applications sent by Courier / Registered post / Speed post will not be acknowledged. However, they can drop the applications in the box kept in the office premises. Applications received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
11. General Instructions :
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to produce original certificates / documents along with Self-attested Photostat copy in support of ‘Date of Birth’, ‘Educational Qualifications’, and ‘Military service ( Discharge Certificate )’ at the time of Document Verification, failing which, his / her application shall be rejected.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to produce original certificates / documents along with Self-attested Photostat copy in support of Community ( if candidates claiming to belong to SC / ST / OBC ) at the time of Document Verification.
- The candidate shall attend the Document verification, along with all relevant original certificates, at the date, time & venue specified by Railway Recruitment Cell. Similarly, the candidate shall attend Medical Examination at the date, time & venue specified by Railway Recruitment Cell. Any request for change of date, time & venue will not be entertained.
- The selected candidates are not having any exclusive right for any Post, Department & Railway / Production Unit. In the interest of Administrative exigencies, selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere, in any post / category / Department of South East Central Railway, after successful completion of training, wherever prescribed. The decision of the Railway administration is final.
- Decision of Railway Recruitment Cell, Bilaspur ( C.G. ), in all matters relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Vacancies shown are provisional and are liable to be increased or decreased.
- Before applying for the post, candidate should ensure that he fulfills the eligibility criteria.
- Applications of candidates not fulfilling the requisite criteria are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment and if appointed erroneously, their services are liable to be terminated.
- Railway Recruitment Cell will not be responsible for any advertisement errors.
- The Railway administration will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidate are advised to consult only the official website of SECR http://www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in and Railway Recruitment Cell website http://www.rrcbilaspur.org. They should beware of fake websites put up by unscrupulous elements / touts.