South East Central Railway Recruitment 2015 Against Sports Quota
|SECR Railway Application Issue Date : 27.12.2014|
|Closing Date for SECR Railway Application : 29.01.2015, 18.00 Hrs.|
|Closing Date and Time for Residents of Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti Districts and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands: 13.02.2015 at 18.00 hrs.|
Applications are invited from eligible sportspersons in following sports disciplines in Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200/- for Grade Pay as given below on South East Central Railway :
1. Discipline :
|S.N.||Event||Grade Pay||Description / Position||Vacancies|
|1||Archery ( Men )||2800 / 2400||Recurve||01|
|2||Archery ( Women )||2800 / 2400||Recurve||03|
|3||Athletics ( Men )||2000 / 1900|
2000 / 1900
|4||Athletics ( Women )||2000 / 1900|
2800 / 2400
|5||Basketball ( Men )||2000 / 1900||Forward||01|
|6||Basketball ( Women )||2000 / 1900|
2000 / 1900
|7||Body Building ( Men )||1800|
2000 / 1900
2000 / 1900
2000 / 1900
|8||Boxing ( Men )||1800|
1900 / 2000
1900 / 2000
|56 - 60 KG light weight|
81 - 91 Heavy weight
91 + KG Super heavy
46 - 49 KG LT fly
64 - 69 KG Welter weight
|9||Boxing ( Women )||1900 / 2000|
|54 - 57 KG feather weight|
45 - 48 KG LT fly
|10||Cricket ( Men )||2800 / 2400|
|Right Hand Batsman All rounder|
Left arm Spinner
Wicket Keeper Batsman
|11||Handball ( Men )||1800|
|12||Handball ( Women )||1800|
|13||Power lifting ( Men )||2000 / 1900|
2000 / 1900
|14||Powerlifting ( Women )||2000 / 1900|
2000 / 1900
|15||Table Tennis ( Women )||1800||-||01|
|16||Volleyball ( Men )||2000 / 1900|
2000 / 1900
|17||Weightlifting ( Men )||1800||120 KG||01|
|18||Weightlifting ( Women )||2000 / 1900|
|19||Badminton ( Men )||1800||-||02|
|20||Football ( Men )||1800||Stopper||01|
|21||Kho-Kho ( Men )||1900 / 2000||All rounder||01|
- No post is exclusively reserved for OBC, SC, ST.
- Separate application to be submitted for posts in Grade Pay 2800 / 2400 or 2000 / 1900 or 1800/-.
2. Age Limit for SECR Railway Sports Quota 2015 : 18 to 25 years as on 01.01.2015 ( No relaxation in lower or upper age limits for any category of candidates ).
3. SECR Railway Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2015 :
- Sports Persons must possess the minimum educational qualification, as applicable to the posts to which the sportsperson is to be appointed.
- The minimum educational qualification required for recruitment in the Railways :
- For post with Grade Pay 1800 / 1900 / 2000 : 10th pass or ITI or equivalent.
- For posts with Grade Pay 2400 : Matriculation or its equivalent with 80 words per minute in Shorthand ( English ) for a duration of 10 minutes which will be transcribed in typing in 65 minutes. ( Or ) Matriculation or its equivalent with 80 words per minute in Shorthand ( Hindi ) for duration of 10 minutes which will be transcribed in typing in 75 minutes.
- For posts with Grade Pay 2800 : Graduation.
- No relaxation in minimum educational qualification as mentioned above is permissible.
- Persons, if appointed as Clerk-cum-Typists should acquire Typing proficiency of 30 W.P.M. in English or 25 W.P.M. in Hindi within a period of 4 years from the date of appointment and till such time their appointment to the category will be provisional.
- The place of posting will be decided by the South East Central Railway administration at the time of offering appointment to the selected candidates.
4. Categorization of International Championships :
For recruitment and purpose, international Championships / events are categorized as under :
Category – A : Olympic Games ( Senior Category ).
Category – B :
World Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
World Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Games ( Senior Category )
Commonwealth Games ( Senior Category )
Category – C :
Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior Category )
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior Category )
South Asian Federations ( SAF ) Games ( Senior Category )
USIC ( World Railways ) Championships ( Senior Category )
5. Sports Norms for Recruitment of Sports Persons in Different Grade Pay & Pay Bands :
The minimum sports norms for recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota through open advertisement in different Grade pay & pay bands for team and individual events shall be as under :
|S.N.||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|1.||PB - 1, 5200 - 20200||2800 or 2400||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ) or At least 3rd position in any of the Category - B Championships / events, except Gold Medal in Asian Games.|
|2.||PB - 1, 5200 - 20200||2000 or 1900||Represented the Country in any of the Category - B Championships / events or At least 3rd position in any of the Category - C Championships / events or At least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or At least 3rd position in National Games organized under aegis of Indian Olympic association or At least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities or 1st position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category )|
|3.||PB - 1, 5200 - 20200||1800||Represented the Country in any of the Category - C Championships / events or At least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) or Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or At least 3rd position in Senior State Championships for all Unit and District of the State.|
a. In Athletics, medal winning performance in National Interstate Senior Athletics Championships shall be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 2000 / 1900 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
b. In Badminton, Table Tennis, sportspersons shall also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Ranking different Grade Pay and Pay Bands, as per following criteria :
|Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|Age Category||Event||Current Annual All Indian Ranking|
|PB - 1, 5200 - 20200||1900||Seniors||Singles||upto 12th position|
|Doubles||upto 4th position|
|Youth||Singles||upto 6th position|
|Juniors||Singles||upto 6th position|
|PB - 1, 5200 - 20200||1800||Seniors||Singles||upto 16th position|
|Doubles||upto 6th position|
|Youth||Singles||upto 8th position|
|Juniors||Singles||upto 8th position|
Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purpose ranking in mixed doubles shall not be considered.
- All the championships mentioned above should be conducted under the aegis of recognized International / National / State Sports Federations and also recognized by the Railway Sports Promotion Board.
- The recruitment is for the minimum of the scale of pay.
c. Cricket : In Cricket ( Men ) at International level, representation of Main Indian Seniors Team in a Test Match or in a Limited Overs One Day International Match or in a Twenty – 20 Overs Match; shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200. At National level, following sports achievements in 4 Days / One Day Limited Overs / Twenty – 20 Overs Men Cricket Championships ( except Vizzy Trophy ); organized under the aegis of BCCI; shall also be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
|S.N.||Details of Championships||Category||Minimum Sports Achievements for Recruitment in Grade Pay|
|1900 / 2000||1800|
|1||All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championships||Senior / Youth ( U - 22 ) / Junior ( U - 19 )||Semi-finalists of Elite Group Championships||Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championships|
|2||All India Inter State Championships||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Semi-finalists of All India knock out stage||Participation in any stage|
|3||All India Inter Zonal Championships||Senior / Junior ( U - 19 )||Finalist||Participation|
d. For recruitment of sportspersons, on the basis of sports achievements in Junior National championships, the age groups as mentioned below shall only be considered.
|S.N.||Discipline||Category||Details of Recognized Junior National Championship|
|Age Group||Name of Championship|
|1||Archery||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Archery Championship|
|Women||Under - 19||Junior National Archery Championship|
|2||Athletics||Men||Under - 20||Junior National Athletics Championship|
|Women||Under - 20||Junior National Athletics Championship|
|3||Basketball||Men||Under - 18||Junior National Basketball Championship|
|Women||Under - 18||Junior National Basketball Championship|
|4||Handball||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Handball Championship|
|Women||Under - 19||Junior National Handball Championship|
|5||Kho-Kho||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Kho-Kho Championship|
|6||Powerlifting||Men||Under - 23||Junior National Powerlifting Championship|
|Women||Under - 23||Junior National Powerlifting Championship|
|7||Volleyball||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Volleyball Championship|
|8||Weightlifting||Men||Under - 20||Junior National Weightlifting Championship|
|Women||Under - 20||Junior National Weightlifting Championship|
|9||Badminton||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Badminton Championship|
|10||Football||Men||Under - 19||Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy|
|11||Cricket||Men||Under - 22||Col. C.K. Nayudu Trophy ( Inter State Championship )|
|Under - 19||Cooch Behar Trophv ( Inter State Championship )|
|Under - 19||Vinoo Mankad Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs Inter State Championship )|
|Under - 19||Vijay Hazare Trophy ( One Day Limited Overs All India Inter Zonal Championship )|
|12||Body Building||Men||Under - 21||Junior National Body Building Championship|
|13||Boxing||Men||Under - 16||Junior National Boxing Championship|
|Women||Under - 16||Junior National Boxing Championship|
|14||Table Tennis||Men||Under - 17||Junior & Youth National Table Tennis Championship|
- The above norms in the related sports discipline should have been attended on or after 01.04.2012.
- Sportspersons who have not actually played in field will not be considered.
- Submission of certificate by the candidate from respective National Sports Federation, Indian Olympic Association, Association of Indian Universities indicating that the candidate has actually participated in the field is mandatory.
6. SECR Railway Sports Quota Application Fees 2015 :
- 100/- for post in Grade Pay 1800 or 1900 / 2000 or 2400 / 2800. Fee should be paid in the form of crossed Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer, South East Central Railway payable at Bilaspur. The fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstance.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities, Physically challenged, Women, Minority candidates ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ) and Economically backward classes ( Family income is less than 50,000 per annum ) are exempted from the payment of fees.
- DDs & IPOs should have been issued on or after the date of issue of the employment Notice.
- Applications received with Cash / Cheque / Central recruitment fees stamps and money order will not be accepted and will be rejected.
- Candidates must write their names and full address at the space provided in the postal order and the back of DD.
- Authorities competent to issue income certificates for the purpose of identifying economically backward classes.
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tahsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- Below Poverty Line ( BPL ) Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation programme of Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
Note : The certificates should be in the prescribed format ( proforma is available in the website www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in ) and a copy of the same should be enclosed with the application, failing which the application shall be rejected.
7. SECR Railway Sports Quota How to Apply 2015 :
- Application should be filled by the candidate in his / her own handwriting in either English or in Hindi. Applications with typed entries will be rejected. Candidate should write on the top of the envelope containing the application as follows : “Application against sports quota ( Open Advertisement ) recruitment for the year 2014 – 15 )”.
- Application should be on a good quality A-4 size bond paper ( 80 GSM ) using one side only. News paper cuttings should not be used as application. Candidates may download recruitment notification and application form available on South East Central Railway website www.secr.indianrailways.gov.in.
- A self attested pass port size colour photograph should be pasted In the space provided in the application.
- Serving employee should apply through proper channel.
8. Whom to Apply for SECR Railway Sports Quota Application 2015 :
Applications should be sent by ordinary post and addressed to “The Dy. Chief Personnel Officer ( RR ), 1st floor, Chief Personnel Officer’s Office, South East Central Railway, Bilaspur – 495 004, ( Chhattisgarh )” or should be dropped at the box provided at Recruitment Section, Chief Personnel Office’s 1st. floor New GM Building Office / HQ / Bilaspur. The application should be super scribed with the name of the discipline.
9. Mode of SECR Railway Sports Quota Selection 2015 :
- Selection is based on total marks obtained by the candidates. The distribution of marks is as under :
S.N. Description Maximum Marks Total 100 Marks a. For assessment of recognized Sports Achievements as per norms 50 Marks b. For Game skill, physical fitness & coach's observation during trial 40 Marks c. Educational Qualification 05 Marks d. General Intelligence, personality 05 Marks
- Trials of the candidates shall be conducted to assess their sports performance and suitability for Railway / Unit team as well as Indian Railways’ team. Based on the performance in the Trial, the candidate will be assessed either fit or not fit, for consideration for next stage.
- Selection Procedure : Selection will be based upon performance in sports trials and interview / certificate verification to be conducted and finalized by a nominated selection committee. The venue and date for trials and interview / certificate verification will be intimated to the eligible candidates. The trials for different grade pay may be held separately. South East Central Railway, Bilaspur reserves the right to cancel or modify recruitment process at any time without assigning reasons thereof.
10. General Conditions :
- Candidate will be subjected to medical examination by Railway medical authorities prior to his / her appointment in the allotted post after due selection.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities will be given free traveling authority in second class when called for trials / interview.
- No TA / DA, Accommodation will be provided while appearing in the selections / trials / interviews. Candidates should come prepared to stay at the place of trials for 2 – 3 days. They have to bring their own sports kit / equipment and should make their own arrangement for stay.
- Non-fulfillment of any of the criteria mentioned in this advertisement will make the application liable for rejection.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere on South East Central Railway.
- The selection shall be decided purely on the basis of merit. In case more than one sportspersons score the same marks, preference will be given to younger candidate to decide the merit.
- The sportspersons, who can be fitted in the South East Central Railway Sports Association team, will only be considered.
- Railway administration reserves the right to alter the stages of recruitment or cancel part or whole of any recruitment process at any stage without assigning any reason.
- Sportspersons recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him / her for recruitment are found incorrect / fake at any stage.
- Sportspersons recruited against sports quota shall execute a “Service Bond” for a period of 5 years.
- Sportspersons recruited against sports quota will undergo probation period of 2 years.
- The performance of the sports person shall be reviewed before completion of the probation period.
11. List of eligible / ineligible candidates will also be displayed in the South East Central Railway website www.secr. indianrailways.gov.in.
12. Important Instruction :
The decision of Railway Administration in connection with selection will be final. For non-selection of the candidates no correspondence will be entertained. The Railway Administration will not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
Applications which suffer from defects such as unsigned, incomplete, ineligible applications, applications without enclosures, without prescribed fee, applications not on prescribed format, without attested copies of certificate / testimonials and the application which in the opinion of Railway administration are otherwise invalid, will be rejected at any stage. The above instances are only illustrative and not exhaustive.