South Central Railway RRC Recruitment 2013 Against Ex-Servicemen Quota
South Central Railway,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
First Floor, C-Block,
Secunderabad ( A.P ) – 500 071.
Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen quota for Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Posts
Last Date for RRC South Central Railway Ex-Servicemen 2013 Application : 15.07.2013 at 17 : 00 hrs.
( for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshadweep Islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date and time for receipt of application is 30.07.2013 at 17 : 00 hrs ).
Railway Recruitment Cell 2013 applications are invited from Ex-Servicemen fulfilling the eligibility conditions given below for filling up the erstwhile Group ‘D’ vacancies in Pay Band 5200 – 20200/ – plus G.P. of 71800/ – in South Central Railway.
|Category No.||Category||Department||No. of Vacancies||Standard of Medical Fitness|
|1.||Trackman ( Gatemen )||Civil Engineering||61||B - 1|
|2.||Helper - II||Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Signal & Telecommunication Engineering departments||180||B - 1 in Open Line C - 1 in Workshops|
|3.||Assistant Pointsmen||Operating||70||A - 2|
( Only one application should be submitted for all the above categories duly indicating the priorities ).
1. RRC South Central Railway Ex-Servicemen 2013 Eligibility Criteria :
- Ex-Servicemen who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and possess Army Class I certificate or equivalents are eligible to apply.
- The minimum age limit is 18 years and the maximum age limit for different categories is :
- For UR candidates : 33 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For SC / ST candidates : 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years.
- For OBC candidates : 36 years + extent of military service + 3 years ( The age limit is reckoned as on 01.07.2013. )
2. RRC South Central Railway Ex-Servicemen 2013 Exam Fee : There is no application fee for any candidate.
3. Mode of South Central Railway RRC Ex-Servicemen 2013 Selection :
The names of the eligible candidates will be arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total length of Military Service and Ex-servicemen to the extent of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. After verification of original documents, a final panel will be prepared. There will be no written examination / interview or physical efficiency test.
4. RRC South Central Railway Ex-Servicemen 2013 Medical Examination :
The candidates recommended for a particular category of post will be medically examined in the medical classification mentioned. Only those candidates who are found medically fit in the requisite medical classification would be offered appointment. Candidates recommended for a particular category of post with a higher medical classification will not be considered for any alternative post with lower medical classification in the event of their medical unfitness.
5. South Central Railway RRC Ex-Servicemen 2013 Application Form :
Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the prescribed format enclosed in the Employment Notification as Annexure 1. Applications should be made on good quality A-4 size ( 210 mm X 297 mm ) white paper using one side only. Applications in any other format are liable to be rejected. Candidates should fill up the application forms in his / her own hand writing with blue or black ballpoint pen only in English or in Hindi language only and not in any other language.
One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of application ) colour passport size photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses / coloured glasses should be pasted on the application form in the space provided. In the application form, the candidates should indicate two clear visible marks of identification present on their body and affix their Left hand thumb impression. Copies of certificates as mentioned in para 7 should be attached.
6. Application to be Sent to the following Address :
The filled in application form along with the required enclosures should be addressed to the ‘Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ), Railway Recruitment Cell, First Floor, C- Block, Rail Nilayam, South Central Railway, Secunderabad, Andhra Pradesh – 500 071. The application should be sent by post so as to reach this office on or before the closing date and time mentioned aforesaid or should be dropped in the boxes kept for the purpose in the premises of Railway Recruitment Cell at the above mentioned address on or before the closing date and time. The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed on top Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota for erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts, Employment Notification No.RRC/SCR/EX-SM/1/2013. dated 15.06.2013. The applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered and Railway will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery.
7. Enclosures :
The following self attested documents should be attached along with the application :
- A photo copy of the discharge certificate / book with clear mentioning of the Total Military Service in the specified column.
- Photo copy of Army Class I certificate / equivalent certificate.
- Photo copy of proof of Date of Birth ( viz., SSC certificate or School Leave Certificate ).
- Copy of Identity Card issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Board.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community should produce a photo copy of community certificate in the format given in annexure 2 of RRC South Central Railway 2013 notification.
- Candidates belonging to OBC community should produce a photo copy of community certificate in the format given in annexure 3 of RRC South Central Railway 2013 notification. In addition, the OBC candidates should enclose Self Declaration of non-creamy layer status in the format given in annexure 4 of RRC South Central Railway 2013 notification.
8. General Instructions :
- The number of vacancies indicated is provisional and is liable to be increased or decreased.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in South Central Railway.
- Mere empanelment does not confer any right of appointment on the candidates.
- Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The applications of candidates not fulfilling the requisite criteria are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment process.
- Free passes will be given to the SC & ST candidates for attending verification of documents.
- Abbreviations Used : A – 2, B – 1 and C – 1 indicate various levels of prescribed medical standards which the candidate has to qualify before appointment. SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Classes and UR – Unreserved.
- Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling up the application form.
- Candidates shall not bring or attempt to bring any political or other influence to further his / her interest in respect of recruitment. Any form of misconduct on the part of the candidate at any stage of recruitment process is strictly prohibited arid his / her candidature will be liable for rejection.
- Caution : Beware of Touts and job racketeers trying to deceive you by false promises. Do not fall in their trap. It may be noted that candidates will be selected purely as per merit as indicated in Para 3 above.
- Copy of the employment notification, Application Format, Annexure can also be seen on the official website of South Central Railway www.scr.indianrailwavs.gov.in.