South Central Railway Recruitment 2015 for Shunting Master
South Central Railway,
Office of the Divisional Railway Manager,
4th Floor, Sanchalan Bhavan,
Sub : Formation of panel for the post of Shunting Master Grade II in pay band 5200 – 20200 + GP 2400 in Operating Department, SC division.
It is proposed to conduct selection to fill up the vacancies of Shunting Master Grade II in pay band 5200 – 20200 with Grade pay 2400/- duly calling applications from eligible volunteers fulfilling the eligibility conditions as mentioned below. The vacancies assessed are 08 ( UR – 07 and ST – 1 ).
|Name of the Post||Shunting Master Grade II|
|Eligible categories to apply||Staff working in the category of Cabinman / Pointsman 'A' in PB 5200 - 20200 + GP 1900 having three years of Regular Service in the above said categories as on the date of notification i.e. 08.05.2015.|
|Pre Selection coaching||Eligible SC & ST volunteers will be imparted Pre selection coaching|
|Empanellement||The candidates should secure 60% marks in Professional ability. The final panel will be drawn up in the order of merit based on aggregate marks secured in the written examination ( Professional ability and Record of Service ). There is no relaxation of qualifying marks to reserved community employees, since the post of Shunting Master Grade II is classified as Safety category.|
|Medical classification||They should be found fit in A II medical classification.|
The selection will consist of written examination only. The employees are allowed to write in regional language. There will be no supplementary written examination for the absentees under any circumstances.
The eligible employees should submit their applications in the prescribed format enclosed, duly affixing recent passport size photograph duly attested by concerned supervisor and duly filled in all respects along with copy of certificates in support of their community to Sr.DOM/SC through their Supervisory officials on or before 05.06.2015, who in turn will forward all applications of eligible staff under one covering letter addressed to APO/T/SC so as to reach this office on or before 08.06.2015.
No requests will be entertained for repatriation to their present category after empanelment as Shunting Master Grade II under any circumstances and they should progress in Shunting Master category as per AVC.
The applications which are incomplete, or received after the last date, or without forwarding from supervisory official will not be considered and no correspondence in this matter will be entertained.
wide publicity may be given to the above notification.
The question bank will be supplied to the eligible candidate is later.
Syllabus for Written Examination for the post of Shunting Master Grade II GP 2400 from Pointsman
- Railway conduct rules ( G&SR Chapter II ).
- Important definitions G&SR chapter I ). Block section, Station section, Station limits, facing & trailing points, interlocking, isolation, shunting, authority to proceed, point & Trap indicators etc.
- Signals ( Chapter III G&SR )Types of Signals, Description and aspects of Distant signal, Description of reception and types of signals, Description of subsidiary signals, kinds of automatic signals and its identification.Minimum equipment of signals in MAS signal line station.
Points affecting movement of Trains, locking of facing points.
Conditions for taking off Home Signal and LSS.
Points, Kinds of points setting and locking of points, role points Mn During points failure.
Hand signals and its uses, Detonators and its uses.
- Working of Trains Generally ( G7SR chapter IV ).Limits of Speed Over Facing Points. Tail Board / Tail Lamp, Duties of Pointsman regarding the same of passing trains.Position of Brake van on train couplings, damaged / defective vehicles, Exchanging of All right signals etc.
Engine whistle codes, protection and Stabling of Material train.
- Control and working of Stations.SWR and its importance, operating forms and its importance, reception of a train on obstructed line, reception and dispatch of train from un-signalled line.Shunting, control of shunting, responsibility during shunting.
Securing of vehicles.
- Accidents and Unusual Occurrences.Fire on Train, Vehicles Escaping from Station Train Parting etc.
- Systems of working on Indian railways & in SCR.
- Absolute Block System.
Obstruction in the face of an approaching Train at B class on Single line.Obstruction within Station section at Class B station on Single line. Shunting in block section.
- Block working.Condition for closing Block section, ATP, responsibility of Pointsman regarding ATP.Forms of messages and Written Authority to proceed.
SLR’s, Dead Engines, Explosives, Petrol tanks, attaching of saloons and Inspection carriages.
- Caution order.Types of Caution orders, circumstances for issuing caution orders, preparation and delivery of caution orders.
- Hindi official language policy.
- Passenger amenities.
- General knowledge.