South Central Railway Recruitment 2016 for Constables in RPF / RPSF – SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Application
South Central Railway,
Recruitment for the post of Women Constables in RPF / RPSF
Date of Publication : 30.01.2016.
Date and Time of Closing : 17.30 hrs of 01.03.2016.
South Central Railway Applications 2016 are invited from eligible Women Candidates for filling up the posts of Constable in Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force.
- SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Application 2016 from candidates will be accepted through Online mode only except for the State of J&K, North-Eastern States, Border Guarding Districts ( remote areas ) and Left Wing Extremism ( LWE ) affected districts of the country where the candidates will have the choice to apply in Online or Offline mode. Candidature of candidates applying through both the modes is liable for rejection summarily.
- The lists containing names of border guarding districts ( remote areas ) and Naxal / Militancy affected districts provided by MHA are available at Annexure – “E” & “F”.
- An OMR sheet based SCR RPF / RPSF Constable written examination 2016 will be conducted for all those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny.
1. Number of SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Vacancies 2016 as per Community Break Up :
Out of 1827 ( RPF posts ), 904 posts meant for 08 Mahila companies located in 09 Railways ( i.e. one company each for CR, WR, ER, SER, NR, SR, SCR and half company each for NWR and SWR ), rest of the posts are meant for all Indian Railways of Railway Protection Force. Each candidate may send only one application whether through Online or Offline ( Offline option available only for the regions mentioned in Annexure – “E” & “F” ) in which she must clearly exercise the option for recruitment either to RPF / RPSF.
- 10% of vacancies are reserved for Ex-service women and it does not include retired / discharged personnel of Central Armed Police Forces. Age may be relaxed beyond upper limit by 3 years for UR, 6 years for OBC and 8 years for SC / ST after deduction of military service rendered ( minimum of 6 months after attestation ) from actual age as on the date of reckoning. In case sufficient eligible candidates are not found in Ex-Service women category for appointment, then the unfilled vacancies will be filled up from candidates of respective category on the basis of merit.
- SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Vacancies 2016 are provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending upon the requirement of the Railway Administration. The administration also reserves the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment as well as the notified vacancies at its discretion at any time and such decision will be binding on all concerned.
- These posts have not been identified as suitable for persons with disabilities and hence the same has been exempted from the purview of section 33 and 47 of the persons with Disabilities [ Equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation ] act, 1995 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The selected candidates will be liable to serve anywhere in India in Railway Protection Force or Railway Protection Special Force. Those who apply for RPF may be allotted to any Zonal Railway, on the basis of available vacancies, their merit and their preference.
2. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Pay Scale 2016 : Pay Band of 5200 – 20200 + Grade Pay 2,000/- plus usual allowances as admissible to Central Government Employees from time to time.
3. Ineligibility : No person who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living or who, having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person shall be eligible for appointment in RPF / RPSF.
4. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Eligibility 2016 :
- Citizenship : Must be a citizen of India.
- SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Educational Qualification 2016 : Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / University. Educational certificate other than State Board / Central Board should be accompanied with Government of India notification declaring that such qualifications is equivalent to Matriculation / 10th pass for services under Central Government. Candidates must possess the requisite qualification before the last date of submission of application.
- Age Limit for SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable 2016 : The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 01.07.2016. The Candidate must be born between 02.07.1991 and 01.07.1998 ( both dates inclusive ). Date of Birth mentioned in the Matriculation / High School Examination certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of application will only be accepted.
- Relaxation in Age :
Category Age relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit SC / ST 05 years OBC 03 years Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 ( Unreserved ) UR - 05 years OBC - 08 years SC / ST - 10 years Widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from husband but not remarried UR - 02 years OBC - 05 years SC / ST - 07 years
- SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Physical Measurement 2016 : An applicant must have the following physical standards :
Category Height - [cms] UR / OBC 157 SC / ST 152 For Garhwalis, Gorkhas, Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonese and other categories specified by Govt.** 155
**Production of Domicile certificate from the District Magistrate / SDM / Tehsildar and other categories specified by Government from time to time.
5. Method of SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Recruitment 2016 :
SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Recruitment 2016 will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, document verification and awarding of bonus marks on the basis of NCC / sports certificates and Height.
A. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Written Test 2016 :
- SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Written examination 2016 will be conducted for those candidates who are found eligible after scrutiny. The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable written examination 2016 will be on OMR based Answer Sheets which will comprise of 120 multiple choice objective type questions of one mark each. The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable test 2016 will be of 90 minutes duration. The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable question paper shall be of matriculation standard. The question paper will consist of 50 questions on General Awareness, 35 questions on Arithmetic and 35 questions on General Intelligence and Reasoning. Candidates will be required to answer all questions and will be awarded 01 [ one ] mark for each correct answer. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No mark will be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- For the convenience to conduct the examination in different Indian languages, specific centres will be earmarked for the SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable examination in specific languages other than Hindi, English and Urdu ( in which examination papers will be available at all centres ).
Candidates who opt for a particular language will be allocated a Centre in one of the States mentioned against that language in the table given below :
Group States & Union Territories where centres may be located Language options offered 1 Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, A&N Islands, Lakshadweep, Puducherry Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada 2 Maharashtra, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli Hindi, English, Urdu, Marathi, Gujarati 3 Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Assam, Odisha, Sikkim, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland Hindi, English, Urdu, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri 4 Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi
a. Option will be asked from candidates regarding their preferred group. Once the candidate has selected a particular group, she has to give option of one of the languages available in that group. If the option of language given by her is not available in the option of group given by her, her group will be changed according to the language option given by her.
b. Question paper will be set in Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi.
Applicants who wish to write the SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable exam 2016 in a particular language may indicate so in the Online / Offline application form. Language, once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstances.
c. Keeping in mind the provision for negative marking in the SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable written examination 2016, it will be necessary to obtain 35% marks ( 30% marks by SC and ST candidates ) to qualify in the written test.
- The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable e-admit cards 2016 for written test will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode in the manner as shown in Para 16. In regard to the candidates who applied through offline mode, SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable call letters 2016 will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form.
B. Physical Efficiency Test [ PET ] and Physical Measurement Test [ PMT ]
- Only those candidates who qualify in the SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable written examination 2016 will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the number of vacancies in each category. The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable e-admit cards for PET & PMT will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode in the manner as shown in Para – 16. In regard to the candidates who applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post in the self addressed stamped envelops submitted by the candidates along with the application form. The candidates shall be allowed to appear in the PET / PMT on production of original call letters only.
- The PET will consist of three events mentioned in the table below. A candidate has to qualify in all the events to be declared qualified in PET. All the events are compulsory to qualify. However, no marks will be awarded for any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is specified as under.
Event Female Number of chances 800 meters 03 min 40 sec One Long Jump 12 feet Two High Jump 03 feet Two
Note : Ex-service women will be exempted from PET.
- 800 meters run will be held first and only those candidates who qualify in this event will further take part in the remaining events of the PET. The candidates who qualify in PET will be measured for eligibility with respect to height. Candidates, who fail in any of the events of the PET or in PMT, will be declared “failed”.
C. Document Verification :
- Candidates who qualify in the PET and PMT will be called for Document verification. The candidates not exceeding 1.5 times the number of notified vacancies in that category will be called for Document Verification. The SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable e-admit cards for Document verification will be downloaded by the candidates who applied through online mode in the manner as shown below in Para 16. In regard to the candidates applied through offline mode, call letters will be sent to them by post and the candidates shall be allowed to appear in the document verification on production of original call letter only.
- The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC / ST / OBC status wherever applicable [ on the format prescribed in the advertisement ], domicile certificate and any other document related to extra curricular activities [ including NCC ] at the time of Document Verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later day will not be entertained under any circumstances except in cases where the caste certificate has been produced in a format other than prescribed or where any certificate is claimed to have been lost / stolen ( claim supported by FIR ), in which case the candidate will be allowed a time extension of four(4) weeks. Failure to produce the documents shall lead to disqualification of the candidate. The appearance of the candidate for document verification will be compulsory. Those who do not appear at the document verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in the SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable written examination and PET.
b. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Exam Bonus Marks 2016 :
Bonus marks for SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Exam 2016 shall be allotted as under :
- NCC :
Candidate with Certificate – B – 01 Mark
Candidate with Certificate – C – 02 Marks
* Maximum bonus marks for NCC certificate will not exceed – 02 marks.
** Benefit will be given only on production of Original Certificates supporting their claim.
This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicewomen.
- Games & Sports :
Represented University at inter-university sports – 01 Mark.
Represented State at inter-state sports – 02 Marks.
Represented India at an International sports meet – 03 Marks.
Medal winner at National Level Sports Meet – 03 Marks.
*Bonus marks will be awarded separately for each discipline / sports. If a candidate produces more than one certificate in one discipline / sport, then participation at the highest level will only be considered. Maximum bonus for Games and Sports certificate will not exceed 03 marks.
- Candidate whose height is 165 cms. or above will be awarded 03 bonus marks.
- Total bonus marks for all the above put together will not exceed 05 marks.
6. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Medical Examination 2016 :
The candidates who appear in Document Verification will be sent for a medical examination at the Railway Hospitals. They have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1′ as prescribed in Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment. Sending for SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Medical Examination will not guarantee employment and does not reflect that the candidate has been included in the select list.
7. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Training 2016 :
The candidates will have to undergo an initial training in any one of the RPF / RPSF training centre or any other such institution as decided by the Railway Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend of 5,200/- + Grade Pay 2,000/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of Training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is compulsory.
8. SCR RPF / RPSF Women Constable Examination Fee 2016 : No examination fee is required.