South Central Railway Recruitment 2016 for against Scouts & Guides Quota
South Central Railway,
Website : www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in
South Central Railway Recruitment Against Scouts & Guides Quota in South Central Railway for the year 2015-16
|Closing Date and Time of receipt of South Central Railway Applications.||13th March, 2016 at 5.00 PM|
|Closing Date & Time of receipt of South Central Railway applications for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Panji Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep etc.||28th March, 2016 at 5.00 PM|
|Note : South Central Railway applications received after Closing Date and time shall not be entertained.|
1. The South Central Railway Invites applications from the citizens of India In the prescribed format filling up 14 Posts against Scouts & Guides quota for the year 2015-16. The posts are open to all regardless of Community ( UR, SC, ST & OBC ).
2. Details of posts to be filled in :
|S.No.||Post||Scale of Pay||No of Posts||Distribution of Posts|
|01 ||Group 'C'||Pay Band-1 5200-20200 |
Plus Grade Pay 1900/-
|02 (Two)||Over South Central Railway|
|02||Erstwhile Group 'D'||Pay Band-1 5200-20200 Plus Grade Pay 1800/-||12 (Twelve)||02 Post Each for Secunderabad Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Guntur, Guntakal & Nanded Division.|
Note : A candidate can apply separately for Grade Pay 1900/- and Grade Pay 1800/-.
SCR Recruitment Essential Qualification 2016 :
(a) Minimum Educational Qualifications for South Central Railway Recruitment 2016 :
|1.||Group 'C' in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 Plus Grade Pay 1900/-||Passed 10 + 02 or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in the aggregate from a recognised Board. 50% marks are not required for SC/ST/Ex-servicemen or where the candidates possess higher qualification i.e. Graduation / Post Graduation etc from a Recognised University.|
|2.||Erstwhile Group 'D' in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 Plus Grade Pay 1800/-||10th passed OR ITI ( in trades approved by the NCVT ) OR Equivalent from the recognised Educational Board.|
(b) Scouts and Guides Qualifications : ( For Pay Band 1900/- and 1800/- both )
- A President Scout / Guide / Rover / Ranger OR Himalayan Wood Badge ( HWB ) holder in any Section.
- Should have been an active member of a Scouts Organization for the last 5 ( Five ) years i.e. 2010-11 onwards. The Certificate of Activeness should be as per the Annexure ‘B’ enclosed and.
- Should have attended two events at National Level OR All Indian Railways’ level and two events at State level.
3. Age Limit for SCR Recruitment 2016 ( As on 01/01/2016 )
|Posts / Categories||UR||OBC||SC/ST|
|Group 'C' posts in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 Plus Grade Pay 1900/-||18 to 29 years||18 to 32 years||18 to 34 years|
|Erstwhile Group 'D' posts in Pay Band-1 5200-20200 Plus Grade Pay 1800/-||18 to 32 years||18 to 35 years||18 to 37 years|
Extent of Age Relaxation :
- Serving Railway employees who have put in a minimum 03 years continuous service will be given relaxation of age, subject to the age limit of 40 years for UR, 43 years for OBC and 45 years for SC/ST.
- The staff of Quasi-Administrative offices of the Railway Organization, such as Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institutes : The relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of the service rendered subject to maximum 05 years. They shall submit their applications with Service Certificate, mentioning the period of service rendered by them, duly issued by their Controlling Officer, along with other relevant documents.
- Widows / Divorcee Women / Women judicially separated but not remarried : UR- up to 35 years, OBC up to 38 years, SC/ST – up to 40 years.
- Persons with Disability :
- For Group ‘C’ posts: UR- 39 years, OBC-42 years and SC/ST-44 years.
- For erstwhile group ‘D’ posts: UR- 42 years, OBC-45 years and SC/ST- 47 years.
- Persons who had ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989: Relaxation upto 05 years.
- Ex-Servicemen candidate: Relaxation of age will be to the extent of service rendered by them in Defence Service plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 06 months service after attestation and up to the age of 40 years for reservists not employed in Government Service.
4. South Central Railway Recruitment Examination Fee
- The examination fee for Unreserved and OBC candidates is 100/-.The examination fee should be paid in the form of Indian Postal Order (IPO) from any Post Office / Demand draft from any nationalized Bank, drawn in favour of and payable at Hyderabad / Secunderabad as follows. FA & CAO, South Central Railway, Secunderabad.
- Remittance of examination fee in any other form except Indian Postal Order will not be accepted.
- IPOs / D.D’s issued before the date of issue of Employment notice OR after the closing date will not be accepted and the application will be rejected.
- The particulars of Indian Postal Order / D.D. submitted as examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the application form.
- Candidates must write their name, full address at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
- The examination fee is not refundable / transferable / adjustable under any circumstances.
5. South Central Railway Fee Exemptions
SC/ST candidates, Ex-Servicemen, Women Candidates, Persons with Disabilities, Minority candidates*, and candidates belonging to Economically Backward Classes** are exempted from payment of examination fees.
* Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zoroastrians ( Parsis ).
For claiming exemption from the examination fee, Minority candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ along with application form. At the time of Document Verification such candidates claiming exemption of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he/she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
** Economically Backward Classes (EBC) will mean the candidates whose Family Income is less than 50, 000/- Per Annum.
The following authorities are authorized to issue income certificate for the purpose of identifying Economically Backward Classes ( EBC ) :
- District Magistrate or any other Revenue Officer up to the level of Tehsildar.
- Sitting Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha for persons of their own constituency.
- BPL card or any other certificate issued by the Central Government under a recognized poverty alleviation program or Izzat MST issued by Railways.
- Union Minister may also recommend for any persons from anywhere in the country.
- Sitting Members of Parliament of Rajya Sabha for persons of the district in which these MPs normally reside.
6. How to Apply for SCR Recruitment 2016
Candidates should carefully read all the Instructions given In the Employment Notification before filling the application form. shall be submitted on A-4 sized good quality paper. The application should be in English/Hindi language, filled by the applicant in his/her own handwriting in English / Hindi language only. The applications submitted in other than English / Hindi languages will be rejected summarily. The applications should be signed in Running Letter. The applications signed in CAPITAL letters shall be rejected summarily.
The candidate has to affix his/her recent passport sized colour photograph on the application in the space provided for the purpose, duly cross signed by him/her i.e. partially on the photograph and partially on the application. Serving government employees should send their application through proper channel, duly forwarded by their Controlling Officials. The last date will not be extended on account of delay in transmission of the application by the concerned office. However an advance copy of the application can also be submitted. ( Detailed Notification and Application form can be downloaded from South Central Railway website www.scr.indianrailways.gov.in. )
7. South Central Railway Recruitment Whom to Apply
The application should be sent by Ordinary Post or dropped in the Box kept in the office for this purpose, as mentioned below. The cover containing the application must be super-scribed “Application for Scouts and Guides Quota, 2015-16 ( Group ‘C’ OR erstwhile Group ‘D’ )” for which the candidate is applying. Application complete in all respects should be sent in a cover addressed as follows :
Assistant Personnel Officer ( Recruitment ),
Chief Personnel Officer’s Office,
General Manager’s Office Building,
4th floor, Rail Nilayam, South Central Railway,
Secunderabad – 500 071.
8. South Central Railway Recruitment Process 2016
The candidates, who apply in response to the Notification and are found eligible for consideration for appointment against Scouts and Guides Quota, shall be assessed on the basis of following criteria :
|(A)||Written Test||50 Marks|
|The Written Test will consist of 40 Objective Questions ( 40 Marks ) & 1 Essay Type Question ( 10 Marks ) relating to Scoutsand Guides Organisation and its activities and General Knowledge.|
|(B)||Scouting Skill Assessment||10 Marks|
|A Skill Assessment Committee will assess the practical ability of the candidates.|
|(C)||Marks on Certificates||40 Marks|
|(i)||Participation / Service rendered in National Events / National Jamboree ( including All Indian Railway Events ) :||10 Marks|
|(ii)||Participation / Service rendered in State Events / Rallies||10 Marks|
|(iii) Specialized Scout / Guides course organised at National / State / All Indian Railways level :||10 Marks|
|(iv) Participation in District Rallies :||10 Marks|
Syllabus of SCR Recruitment Written Test 2016 ( For Grade Pay 1900/- and Grade Pay 1800/- both )
History of Scouting / Guiding; Law & Promise; Organization—District & State Level; Training Center – District & State Level; knowledge of Books; Scouting for Boys / Guiding for Girls in India; Motto left hand shake; Salute; Prayer; Flag Song; National Anthem; Know the National & Scouting flags; Social Services at various occasions; Hiking; Proficiency Badges, How these are earned? Stages in Scouting/Guiding: Thinking Day; Progressive Training of Scouts / Guides / Rovers / Rangers; Pioneering; Handicrafts; Indian Railway Jamborette; National Jamboree; Jamboree on the Air.
Organization at National Level; National Training Centres, WAGGGS / WOSM – Uprashtrapati Award Competition; Prime Minister Shield Competition; Community Development Programs; Aims and Methods of Scouting; How Scouting is useful in producing better citizens? Written examination will be held on 29th March, 2016 and assessment of Scouting Skill, certificate verification etc., will be done on 30th March, 2016, call letters will be sent well in advance and will be notified to the candidates through e.mail and mobile phone. If call letters are not received by 27th March, 2016 candidates can contact this office over phone No. 040-27786687 on working days.
9. SCR Recruitment 2016 General Conditions
- The candidates already employed in Central / State / PSUs including Railways should submit their applications through proper channel, duly submitting Service Certificate and No Objection Certificate ( NOC ) from the employer.
- The decision of the Railway Administration in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, penalty for false information, and mode of selection shall be final and binding on the candidates.
- Candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass the requisite Medical Fitness Test, as per the standards prescribed for the selected post.
- Canvassing in any form shall disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates are required to obtain caste certificates in the proper Proforma from the appropriate authority and produce the original certificate at the time of verification, failing which he/she may be disqualified. This is strictly required vide Chapter 13 of the Brochure ( published by Government, of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievance & Pensions Department of personnel Training, New Delhi ). As large number of candidates is producing certificates issued by authority different from appropriate authority, they are advised to strictly comply with the instructions.
- Xerox copy of Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, not below the rank of Tehsildar, in case of SC/ST/OBC Candidates. OBC candidates shall also submit OBC Non-Creamy-Layer Certificate in Central Government format issued on or after 01/01/2014 by the Competent Authority to get the benefit of age relaxation. Certificates should contain Religion, Caste, Date of Issue etc and bear the Seal of the Issuing Authority.
- Before applying to the post, candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils all the eligibility conditions prescribed in the Notification and he/she is required to enclose all necessary documents along with his/her application. No any document shall be entertained at the further stage of recruitment and the South Central Railway reserves rights to reject any application, not fulfilling the eligibility condition / conditions, at any stage of recruitment.
- Candidates must bring certificates of Date of Birth, Educational Qualification, the Certificates pertaining to Scouts and Guides and other relevant documents, all in original, on the day of Scouting Skill Assessment, without which they shall not be permitted to appear in the same.
- No TA/DA/Accommodation will be provided during Scouting Skill Assessment A candidate may have to stay for 2-3 days during selection for which he/she has to make his/her own arrangements. The Railway Administration has right to determine a valid date, postpone Scouting Skill Assessment, change the place or cancel the Scouting Skill Assessment to unforeseen reasons and this cannot be challenged by any candidate.
- The successful candidates will be posted at the discretion of the Competent Authority anywhere on the South Central Railway subject to availability of vacancies and they cannot seek transfer outside of the South Central Railway for the period of 05 years.