3. Educational Qualifications for SCR Group C and Group D Recruitment 2014 :
- Qualification for SCR Group C Posts 2014 :
- 10th class pass or above for those candidates applying for the SCR posts with Grade Pay 1900/ – 2000/-.
- Graduation from any recognized University for those candidates applying for the post with Grade Pay of 2800/ – 2400/-.
- Qualification for SCR Post in PB – 1 with Grade Pay of 1800/- : SSC or 8th passed ( for outstanding sportspersons* ).
Candidates applying for SCR Sportsperson posts 2014 in Grade Pay 1800/- shall possess the minimum educational qualification of SSC. However, ‘Outstanding sports persons’ who do not possess SSC but having the qualification of 8th passed shall also apply. They will be considered for recruitment in ( – ) is Pay Band. Such sports persons will be given the regular pay band of PB – 1 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/- only on acquiring the minimum educational qualification under the recruitment rules or passing the requisite SCR training test.
( *Sports persons having the sports norms for SCR recruitment in Grade Pay 1900 / 2000 or above shall only be considered as ‘Outstanding’ sports persons ).
4. Categorization of International Championships :
For recruitment purpose, International Championships / events are categorized as under :
|Category A||Olympic Games ( Senior Category )|
|Category B||World Cup ( Junior / Senior category )
World Championships ( Junior / Senior category )
Asian Games ( Senior Category )
Common wealth Games ( Senior category )
|Category C||Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior category )
Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior category )
South Asian Federation [ SAF ] Games ( Senior Category )
USIC [ World Railways ] Championships [ Senior Category ]
5. Sports Norms for Recruitment of SCR sports persons in different Pay Band & Grade Pays :
- In team sports, sports persons who have actually played the sports in field, shall only be eligible and other team members who have actually not played in the field shall be ineligible. Actual participation certificate issued by the Recognised Sports Governing Bodies should be submitted along with the application. Submission of certificates by the candidates for actual participation in the field of play, in the event under consideration for recruitment is mandatory.
- In the case of failure of submission of such certificate, candidate will not be allowed to appear in the field trial.
5.2 The minimum sports norms for recruitment of South Central Railway sportspersons against sports quota through open advertisement in different Grade Pay & Pay Bands for team and individual events shall be as under :
|S.No.||Name of Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||Pay Band||Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment|
|(i)||PB - 1||2,800 or 2,400||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Category - A ) Or At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - B Championships / events, except Gold Medal in Asian Games.|
|(ii)||PB - 1||2,000 or 1,900||5,200 - 20,200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - B Championships / events Or
At least 3rd Position in any of the Category - C Championships / events Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships Or
At least 3rd Position in National Games organised under aegis of Indian Olympic Association. Or
At least 3rd Position in All India Inter University Championship organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities. Or
1st Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category )
|(iii)||PB - 1||1,800||5,200 - 20200||Represented the Country in any of the Category - C Championships / events Or
At least 3rd Position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior Category ) Or
Represented a State of equivalent Unit, except in Marathon and Cross Country, in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships Or
At least 3rd Position in Senior State Championships for all Units and Districts of the State.
Note : ( Read with Para 5.2 above )
- In Athletics, Medal winning performance in National Inter State Senior Athletics Championships, may also be considered for South Central Railway recruitment against the posts having the Grade Pay 1,900 in Pay Band 5,200 – 20,200.
- In Badminton and Table Tennis and Tennis : sports persons may also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Rankings; in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands, as per following criteria :
Name of Pay Band / Scale Grade pay Pay Band Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment ( In ) Age Category Event Current Annual All India Ranking PB - 1 2,800 or 2,400 5,200 - 20200 Seniors Singles Upto 4th Position PB - 1 2,000 or 1,900 5,200 - 20200 Seniors Singles Upto 12th Position Doubles Upto 4th Position Youth Singles Upto 6th Position Juniors Singles Upto 6th Position PB - 1 1,800 5,200 - 20200 Seniors Singles Upto 16th Position Doubles Upto 6th Position Youth Singles Upto 8th Position Juniors Singles Upto 8th Position
Only the current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes, Ranking in Mixed – Doubles shall not be considered.
- In Cricket ( Men and Women ) at International level, representation of Main Indian Seniors Team in a Test Match or in a Limited Overs One Day International Match or in a Twenty – 20 overs Match; shall also be considered for recruitment against the SCR 2014 posts having Grade Pay 1900/- or 2,000/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20,200.
- In Cricket at National levels, following sports achievements in 4 days / One Day Limited Overs / Twenty – 20 Overs Men / Women Cricket Championships ( except Vizzy Trophy organized under the aegis of BCCI; may also be considered for recruitment against the Sports person posts having Grade Pay 1800/- or 1900/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 ).
S.No. Details of Championships Category Minimum Sports Achievement for recruitment in Grade Pay 1900/ 2000/- 1800/- (i) All India Inter State Elite & Plate Group Championships Senior / Youth / [ U - 25 ] / Junior [ U - 19 ] Semi - finalists of Elite Group Championships Participation in Elite or Plate Group Championships (ii) All India Inter State Championships Senior / Junior [ U - 19 ] Semi - finalists of All India Knockout stage Participation in any stage (iii) All India Inter Zonal Championships Senior / Junior [ U - 19 ] Finalist Participation
- In Hockey, for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1900/- or 2000/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 at least 2nd position in the international tournaments of four or more nations may also be considered. Participation in these tournaments may be considered for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200. Hockey India will be treated as the recognized National Sports Federation for the game of Hockey for the purpose of recruitment.
- In Golf, for recruitment against the posts having Grade Pay 1800/- in Pay Band 5200 – 20200, sportspersons having I.G.U. ranking up to 100, subject to single handicap i.e. less than 10; ( in order of Merit / Amateur Merit List ) shall also be eligible for recruitment. Only the Current Annual All India Ranking shall be considered for these purposes.
- In Gymnastics, sports achievements in the event conducted by Gymnastics Federation of India or its affiliated units after 30.07.2011, shall not be considered for recruitment. However, the certificates issued by the Association of Indian Universities and the International Federations for recognised sports achievement in the game of Gymnastic, will be permissible for recruitment.
Note : The sports achievement in the related sports discipline should have been attained on or after 01.04.2012 and the sportsperson should be an active player.
6. Application Fees for SCR Sportspersons Post 2014 : 100/- for post in Grade Pay 1800/- or 1900/ – 2000/- and 2400 / 2800/-. Fee should be paid in the form of crossed Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer, South Central Railway payable at Secunderabad for the posts of Headquarters and Senior Divisional Finance Managers of respective divisions for the divisional posts. The fee is not refundable under any circumstances. Candidates belonging to SC / ST communities, Women, Minority and Economically Backward Classes ( Family income is less than 50,000/- per annum ) are exempted from the payment of fees.