RRC West Central Railway Recruitment 2016 for Sports Quota
Railway Recruitment Cell,
West Central Railway,
RB – III/422/1-2, Nehru Railway Colony,
Jabalpur ( M.P. ) – 482 001.
Website : www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in
Recruitment of sports persons against sports quota ( Open Advertisement ) in West Central Railway for the year 2015 – 16.
|Date of RRC WCR Sports Quota Application Issue : 07.12.2015
Closing Date & Time for RRC WCR Sports Quota : 05.01.2016, 23:59 hrs.
RRC WCR Online Applications are invited from eligible sportspersons of following sports disciplines for recruitment in various Grade Pays as under :
Details of RRC WCR Sports Quota Vacancies 2016 against Open Advertisement :
|Unit||Category Number||Discipline / Position||Grade Pay||Number of Posts|
|WCR / HQ||01||Snooker ( Men )||2400 - 2800||01|
|02||Wrestling ( Men ) 65 KG FS||Four wrestlers in 2400 - 2800 Four wrestlers in 1900 - 2000||01|
|03||Wrestling ( Men ) 66 KG GRS||01|
|04||Wrestling ( Men ) 75 KG GRS||01|
|05||Wrestling ( Men ) 86 KG FS||01|
|06||Wrestling ( Men ) 85 KG GRS||01|
|07||Wrestling ( Men ) 97 KG FS||01|
|08||Wrestling ( Men ) + 97 to 125 KG FS||01|
|09||Wrestling ( Men ) + 98 to 130 KG GRS||01|
|WCR / HQ||10||Hockey ( Women ) Goalkeeper||1900 - 2000||01|
|11||Hockey ( Women ) Defenders||02|
|12||Hockey ( Women ) Midfielders||03|
|13||Hockey ( Women ) Forwards||03|
|14||Hockey ( Men ) Goalkeeper||1900 - 2000||01|
|15||Hockey ( Men ) Midfielder||01|
|16||Hockey ( Men ) Defender||01|
|17||Badminton players ( Men )||1800||02|
|18||Basketball ( Men ) Height should be 6 feet and above.||1800||02|
|19||Volleyball ( Men ) Central Blocker||1800||01|
|20||Volleyball ( Men ) Counter Attacker||01|
|21||Volleyball ( Men ) All Rounder||01|
|22||Volleyball ( Men ) Lifter||01|
|23||Chess Players ( Men )||1800||02|
|Jabalpur Division||24||Basketball ( Men ) Height should be 6 feet and above||1800||05|
|Bhopal Division||25||Badminton Players ( Men )||1800||02|
|26||Football ( Men ) Forward||1800||01|
|27||Football ( Men ) Defender||01|
|28||Football ( Men ) Midfielder||01|
|Kota Division||29||Football ( Men ) Forwards||1800||02|
|30||Football ( Men ) Defender||01|
|31||Football ( Men ) Midfielder||01|
|32||Football ( Men ) Goalkeeper||01|
There is no reservation for SC, ST and OBC, being a Sub – quota. However the candidates claiming to belonging to SC / ST / OBC communities are required to upload Self Attested photocopy of Caste Certificate issued by Competent Authority.
1. Norms for RRC WCR Sports Quota Recruitment 2016 :
I. Norms for Recruitment ( 5 posts ) in PB – 1 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 2800 / 2400.
RRC WCR Sports Quota Educational Qualification 2016 : Minimum – Graduate.
Sports Achievements – Eligibility Norms :
- Represented the Country in Olympic Games ( Senior Category ) or
- Obtained at least 3rd position in the World Cup ( Junior / Senior ) / World Championships ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Games ( Senior / Junior ) / Commonwealth Games ( Senior ).
II. Norms for Recruitment ( 16 posts ) in PB – 1 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 2000 / 1900
Educational Qualification Minimum – Pass in 12th class ( +2 stage )
Sports Achievements – Eligibility Norms :
- Represented the country in the World Cup ( Junior / Senior ) / World Championships ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Games ( Senior ) / Commonwealth Games ( Senior ) or
- Represented the country and obtained at least third position in the Commonwealth Championship ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Championships / Asia Cup ( Junior / Senior ) South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior ) / USIC ( World Railways ) Championship ( Senior ) or
- Represented a State or equivalent unit and obtained at least 3rd position in Senior / Youth / Junior National Championships or
- Represented a state and obtained at least 3rd position in National games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic association or
- Represented a University and obtained at least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championships organized under the aegis of association of Indian universities or
- Represented a State or equivalent Unit and obtained 1st position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior category ).
III. Norms for Recruitment ( 25 posts ) in PB – 1 5200 – 20200 Grade Pay 1800
Educational Qualification : Minimum – SSC / Matriculate ( 10th Pass ) or ITI or Equivalent
Sports Achievements – Eligibility Norms :
- Represented the country in the Commonwealth Championships ( Junior / Senior ) / Asian Championship / Asia Cup / ( Junior / Senior ) / South Asian Federation ( SAF ) Games ( Senior ) / USIC ( World Railways ) Championship ( Senior ) or
- Represented a State or equivalent unit and obtained at least 3rd position in Federation Cup Championships ( Senior category ) or
- Represented a Unit or District of the State and obtained at least 3rd position in the Senior State Championships.
2. Additional Acceptable Sports Achievement / Minimum Sports Norms for Certain Disciplines :
- Badminton ( Men ) : Sportspersons will also be considered for recruitment on the basis of their current Annual All India Rankings in different Grade Pay and Pay Bands, as per following criteria.
Name of Pay Band / Scale Grade Pay Pay Band Minimum Sports Norms for Recruitment
Age Category Event Current Annual All Indian Ranking PB - 1 1800 5,200 - 20,200 Seniors Singles Upto 16th Position Doubles Upto 6th Position Youth Singles Upto 8th Position
Juniors Singles Upto 8th Position
- Hockey : For recruitment in Hockey against the posts having Grade Pay 1900 or 2000 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200 at least 2nd position in the International Tournament of four or more nations, may also be considered. Participation in these tournaments may be considered for recruitment against the post having Grade Pay 1800 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200.
- Chess ( Men ) : For recruitment in Chess against the post having Grade Pay 1800 in Pay Band 5200 – 20200, players having 2300 or more rating points in last two consecutive fide rating lists will also be considered.
- List of Junior National Championships Recognized for Recruitment against this Advertisement
S.No. Discipline Category
Details of Recognized Junior National Championship Age Group Name of Championship 01 Snooker Men Under - 21 Junior National Billiards & Snooker Championship 02 Wrestling
Men Under - 20 Junior National Wrestling Championship 03 Badminton Men Under - 19 Junior National Badminton Championship 04 Hockey Women
Under - 19 Junior National Hockey Championship 05 Volleyball Men Under - 19 Junior National Volleyball Championship 06 Football Men Under - 19 Junior National Football Championship for B.C. Roy Trophy 07 Basketball Men Under - 18 Junior National Basketball Championship 08 Hockey Men Under - 21 Junior ( Under - 21 ) National Hockey Championship
09 Chess Men Under - 19 Junior National Chess Championship
- All championships should be conducted under the aegis of recognized international / national / state sports and federations and also recognized by the Railways Sports Promotion Board.
- In team sports, sportspersons who have actually played in the sports field shall only be eligible. Therefore, a sportspersons who represents as member of team in any recognized sports, event / championships but has actually not played in the field shall not be considered for the recruitment against sports quota. Accordingly, candidate will have to upload a copy of certificate showing that he / she has actually been a playing member. A sportspersons will be considered for recruitment only for event / position / game advertised in which he / she has recognized sports norms. Sports person having sports achievement / eligibility norms for post carrying higher Grade Pay will also be eligible for post carrying lower Grade Pay. Separate applications for each category should be made along with requisite examination fees.
Note : Educational certificates / qualification obtained from institutions borne on the list of COBSE ( Council of Board of School Education in India ), an Association of National & State School Boards, will only be acceptable.
3. Age Limit for RRC WCR Sports Quota 2016 : Age limit is minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years on 01.01.2016. No age relaxation is permissible.
4. Period of Reckoning Sports Achievement : Only those sportspersons who have acquired the sports achievement eligibility norms in the championships after 01.04.2013 and are active will be eligible to apply for appointment against sports quota. For validity of sports achievement, concluding day of the championship / event shall be taken into account.
5. RRC WCR Sports Quota Examination Fee 2016 :
- The RRC WCR Sports Quota examination fee 2016 is 100/- only and is non-refundable. It should be paid Online using internet banking or debit / credit cards ( service charges apply for all banks which will be borne by the candidates ).
- RRC WCR Sports Quota Applications 2016 not accompanied with examination fee, wherever required, will be summarily rejected.
- Exemption from RRC WCR Sports Quota Examination Fee 2016 : SC / ST, Women, Minorities ( Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians Parsis ) and economically backward classes candidates are exempted from examination fee. At the time of Trial / interview, such candidate claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish ‘Minority community declaration’ affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that they belong to any of the above minority communities. If the affidavit is not produced during Trial / interview, their candidature will be rejected.
- Economically backward candidate means those candidates whose annual family income is less than 50000/-.
6. How to Apply and Making Fee Payment Online for RRC WCR Sports Quota 2016
- Visit the website of the RRC – www.wcr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Click on the “Notification” to read the instructions.
- Click on “New Registration” for Registration Number.
- Login with Registration Number and Password.
- Fill up details and upload the photograph, signature and documents.
- Click on “Examination Fee” and
- Accept the terms and conditions for using State Bank collect by “Click on the given Check Box ( Square Box ).
- Select the State of Corporate / Institution as “Madhya Pradesh” from the given Drop Down options.
- Select the Type of Corporate / Institution as “Govt Department” from the given Drop Down options and click on “Submit” Button.
- Select the Govt. Department as “Railway Recruitment Cell” from the given Drop Down options and click on “Submit”.
- Select Payment Category as “Registration Fee” and enter the required information, Click on “Submit”.
- A Confirmation page will appear, check the details and click on “Confirm”.
- Choose the payment option from the available options and perform the transaction.
- After successful completion of transaction a payment receipt will be generated, take the printout of the receipt.
7. RRC WCR Sports Quota Selection Procedure 2016 :
For Open Advertisement Recruitment : All eligible candidates will be called for Trial and after Trial only the fit candidates shall be assessed for next stage of recruitment. Candidates declared not fit by the Trial committee will not be assessed further by the recruitment committee.
8. Important Instructions :
- Candidates to ensure their eligibility before applying : The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the post / examination. Eligibility of the candidates for the post notified in this notification would be decided on the basis of the information furnished by them in the Online application. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his application is false / incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate otherwise does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his / her candidature will be cancelled forthwith.
- Production of original documents of Date of birth, Educational Qualification and Sports Achievement etc on the day of Trial and interview is mandatory without which they will not be allowed to appear in the Trial / Interview. Certificates in languages other than English or Hindi should be accompanied by an attested translation in English / Hindi. Photocopy of all documents should be self attested. No TA / DA / Accommodation will be given for appearing in the selection trials / interview. Applicants will have to bring their own kit and also four – passport size photographs. They may also be required to stay during the selection for 2 – 3 days, for which they have to make their own arrangements. The railway administration has all rights reserved to fix any date / place or postpone trials / interview or cancel due to unforeseen causes against which no claim will be accepted.
- Candidates should be in readiness to appear for the trials etc at short notice after the last date for submission of RRC WCR Sports Quota application is over. Selected candidates will be posted anywhere on West Central Railway.
- Candidates will have to pass suitable Medical Examination applicable to the post allotted to them.
- Candidate may note that recruitment against these notified vacancies will be conducted separately and independently by the headquarter against the headquarter vacancies and by the respective divisions for their divisional vacancies. Therefore, they should apply accordingly to the headquarter or division where they want to be considered themselves.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for same event at two places i.e. Headquarters and divisions.
- Candidate applying for more than one game / event shall submit separate applications with separate fee.
- Candidate those who are already in service of PSU / Government Organisation and are eligible for the above, should upload “No Objection Certificate” for the same from their employer.
- Candidate’s admission at all stages of the recruitment will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of call letters to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared.
- Sportspersons having sports norms for higher Grade Pay and applied against the vacancies for the lower Grade Pay, can be considered. However, he/she will not claim for higher Grade Pay after joining the Railways on the basis of sports achievements prior to joining Railways.
- Certificate to Sportspersons for team / group / relay events issued by recognized Federations / Associations / Universities should clearly indicate the actual participation in the field of play, in the event under consideration for this recruitment. A detail of matches and result, if any, to be given.
- Selected candidates will have to submit “Service Bond” of 5 years at the time of appointment.
- Sportsperson recruited against sports quota shall be terminated from service, if the information and documents furnished by him / her for recruitment, are found incorrect / fake at any stage; observing requisite procedure for such termination.
- The candidates would be selected for employment only if they fit in the West Central Railway Sports Association team.
- The decision of selection committee in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application etc. will be final and binding on the candidates and no inquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.
9. In case of any dispute, English version of the Employment Notice will be treated valid.
Note : Candidates selected through Sports Quota will have to perform in his / her field of sports for a minimum period of 5 years. His / Her performance will be assessed during first two years of service ( Probation period ). In case performance is not found up to the mark, his / her service is liable to be terminated.